CamperContact..... New app !!!! (1 Viewer)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Download searchforsites.

how long are you leaving it on the start page? I think it may take quite a while first time. Try giving it some time?
Thanks still frozen and I don’t think whole page is showing . Have downloaded searchforsites so we will be fine but b annoying . I use the french Aires book but then look on Campercontact for reviews and photos but won’t buy again !

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Just deleted app on my iPhone, shut phone down n then re booted, then reloaded app.
Seemed frozen so left it for 5mins then swiped to left n followed instructions all ok now

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Nope still frozen here !
Ok reduced font size in settings and yah rest of page was there and worked . So might be useful to other oldies who have increased font size lol
Not sure how to be sure you can use off line or download maps for off line but he ho at least one step forward lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks like it, took the Motorhome stopover filter off and missing Aires reappeared, put the filter back on and they were still there.
Hopefully they will get it sorted.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Dors anyone know how you know what maps are saved for offline use ? Also when I took off internet icons but no map ! So you can’t be sure exactly where they are on the map .
What a shambles !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Dors anyone know how you know what maps are saved for offline use ? Also when I took off internet icons but no map ! So you can’t be sure exactly where they are on the map .
What a shambles !
Go to settings, then "off Line Locations" and then download the maps you want.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ok really stupid I am but where on screen do you find settings ? Drop down menu only offers a change of language ! :-(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ok really stupid I am but where on screen do you find settings ? Drop down menu only offers a change of language ! :-(
Menu button at the top right gives a drop down list, setting is the 3rd one down.

Screenshot_2020-09-17-09-16-47-30.jpg

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Android update from the Play Store seemed to go ok, wasn't required to reset password. I've downloaded a few countries for off-line use but encountered a problem when trying it out off-line. The map doesn't load - site symbols are on a plain grey background....

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Anyone having difficulty receiving reset email ? Tried umpteen times but no email received.

I've put their email address in my contacts. I raised a query with them via their "contact us" form. Received a reply to my inbox, after 5 days, but nothing helpful.

I deleted the app and reinstalled from play store. Still no joy. All a tad frustrating. My current paid version expires in 2 weeks time. Maybe I'll just wait until they've sorted all the bugs :mad:

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Have you checked your spam folders?
I received the email instantly.

Yes, checked the spam folders (y)

In the login pane I insert my email address (infact my email address automatically appears above the email box so I just click on that to insert in the box).
I then press "forgot password" and then "reset password". The pane then shows " we've sent you an email to reset your password". But don't receive anything.

What does the reset password email actually contain.....presumably a link or perhaps a temporary password and how is this activated within the app ? When I press "reset password" it just gives the message, email sent.

On the old app, I don't believe they asked for a password (I keep a record of all passwords and couldn't find anything relating to CC). Think it was only based on your email address. Not that this is relevant to my current problems.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes, checked the spam folders (y)

In the login pane I insert my email address (infact my email address automatically appears above the email box so I just click on that to insert in the box).
I then press "forgot password" and then "reset password". The pane then shows " we've sent you an email to reset your password". But don't receive anything.

What does the reset password email actually contain.....presumably a link or perhaps a temporary password and how is this activated within the app ? When I press "reset password" it just gives the message, email sent.

On the old app, I don't believe they asked for a password (I keep a record of all passwords and couldn't find anything relating to CC). Think it was only based on your email address. Not that this is relevant to my current problems.
You are probably not using the email you registered with. If you enter an email that is not known it won't say, gee Mr hacker got it wrong try again. Like most apps it just allows you to believe that you have entered a correct credential.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
You are probably not using the email you registered with. If you enter an email that is not known it won't say, gee Mr hacker got it wrong try again. Like most apps it just allows you to believe that you have entered a correct credential.

I've only got one email address that I use for general use. I do have another one but this is ONLY used for family & friends. Besides, the login box automatically pops-up with my "generally used" email address when I click on the email box. The mystery continues :cool: Think I might bite the bullet and logon as a newbie as my membership expires in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I've only got one email address that I use for general use. I do have another one but this is ONLY used for family & friends. Besides, the login box automatically pops-up with my "generally used" email address when I click on the email box. The mystery continues :cool: Think I might bite the bullet and logon as a newbie as my membership expires in a couple of weeks.
You don't have a Gmail account that you have forgotten and when you bought you just clicked Google? Just second guessing.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
You don't have a Gmail account that you have forgotten and when you bought you just clicked Google? Just second guessing.

Yes, do have a gmail account that I very rarely use. You might have hit the nail on the head.....I'll check. Thanks :giggle:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ok folks home again . No Campercontact while away as doesn’t automatically download your previous off line maps and the drop down menu only offers a change of language and no other options ! Downloaded and deleted 4 times and still no drop down menu !!
Have written as no answer in Q&A and they have replied at last with information which is as much use as a chocolate teapot and that is being kind !
ie See Q&A no that’s why I am writing to you !
App has been updated no I have deleted and reinstalled today ! Still no drop down option except language !!

So anyone had the same problem and found out how to fix pleeeeaaase !

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Ok folks home again . No Campercontact while away as doesn’t automatically download your previous off line maps and the drop down menu only offers a change of language and no other options ! Downloaded and deleted 4 times and still no drop down menu !!
Have written as no answer in Q&A and they have replied at last with information which is as much use as a chocolate teapot and that is being kind !
ie See Q&A no that’s why I am writing to you !
App has been updated no I have deleted and reinstalled today ! Still no drop down option except language !!

So anyone had the same problem and found out how to fix pleeeeaaase !
Screenshot_20200923-165950_Campercontact.jpg

Click bars top right above and the following screen appears.

Screenshot_20200923-170004_Campercontact.jpg

Click settings and following screen appears.

Screenshot_20200923-170012_Campercontact.jpg

Click offline locations and select the maps you want to download.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Have done that each time but it only offers language and nothing else

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I just downloaded it and paid for it two weeks ago :-(

It worked perfectly well until the changed it !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back