CamperContact..... New app !!!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
In struggling badly with mine , it can find me on it’s map but won’t search the area I’m in or other areas I pick
I’ve had to use search for sites which I downloaded before I left for Europe at the advice of funsters
the new look is ok but at the moment it ain’t working for me 🥺

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
In struggling badly with mine , it can find me on it’s map but won’t search the area I’m in or other areas I pick
I’ve had to use search for sites which I downloaded before I left for Europe at the advice of funsters
the new look is ok but at the moment it ain’t working for me 🥺

I'm assuming you have an Android phone or tablet, I cant speak for Apple devices, Have you tried a forced stop and then restarting the app? If not try that, if your not familiar with forced stop go to settings, then apps, then scroll down until you find camper contact, tap on that and then tap forced stop, then come out of that and try the app again, this can fix a few problems with some apps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just fired up CC again this time it forced me to update. Had to do the forgotten password bit, email came through instantly.
I quite like it.

Edit:
Running on Android.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Yeah was a bit of a pita when I wanted to show a couple where I was on the Moselle and it came up with the new site shit. 😡

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Scotch mist
It’s a nightmare thankfully I haven’t a lot of membership left .......I won’t be renewing 🤬
Me neither, I used Searchforsites all around the Black Forest area and it was very good and much easier to use.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just done mine and it seems fine. Got the email instantly.
Same here Carolyn.

It works fine on my phone, but not on my tablet (both Android), whereas the old App worked a treat on the tablet, albeit in portrait view only. :(
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and carried out the advice of Android users above, but once I get to page two and press the start button, the App closes down on me. :mad:

Jock. :(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Same here Carolyn.

It works fine on my phone, but not on my tablet (both Android), whereas the old App worked a treat on the tablet, albeit in portrait view only. :(
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and carried out the advice of Android users above, but once I get to page two and press the start button, the App closes down on me. :mad:

Jock. :(
I just updated it on my tablet works fine. Tablet is running slightly older version, Android 9, phone is on v 10.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It did not recognise my email or my password. So I have binned it. Good luck to bad rubbish springs to mind
If you had read the install info you would have known you have to reset your password.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Updated my Camper Contact today on the new app. Waited for my confirmation email to enter new password , didn’t arrive.Tried twice, nothing.Looked in my junk mail and there were two emails, updated on one of those no problem. If you haven’t received the new info it may be in your junk mail.
Are you referring to their phone app? I am still trying to use it as a website on a Windows PC without any luck

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just been having another play with it, still quite like it easy to use and runs a lot faster.
Don't like the fact that every time you scroll the map you have to press the "search here" button it also has a habit of turning off the "Motorhome Parkings" filter sometimes when you scroll.

One big omission is the number of places on an Aire, if there are only a few spaces we like to have a few backups.
Also no satellite view.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Are you referring to their phone app? I am still trying to use it as a website on a Windows PC without any luck
I tried it in Firefox on Linux, runs OK but can't find a way of logging in and without logging in it doesn't show all the sites, so unusable.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just been having another play with it, still quite like it easy to use and runs a lot faster.
Don't like the fact that every time you scroll the map you have to press the "search here" button it also has a habit of turning off the "Motorhome Parkings" filter sometimes when you scroll.

One big omission is the number of places on an Aire, if there are only a few spaces we like to have a few backups.
Also no satellite view.
You are right Lenny it would be good to see number of spaces and maximum length although the last omission gives me an excuse for trying to squeeze it where it doesn't fit ;)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I tried it in Firefox on Linux, runs OK but can't find a way of logging in and without logging in it doesn't show all the sites, so unusable.
Yep, same as Chrome, but that is my point. They seem to have gone over to a "pay only" model, but without producing a paid for App for Windows.

I usually view MHF on my PC and when I see a post about what looks like a good aire I used to go to CC to look for it and then click on "view on map". That brought me to Google maps and once I have had a good look, including satellite, if I liked it I saved it on Google maps with a category for each country. Stuffed now.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Yep, same as Chrome, but that is my point. They seem to have gone over to a "pay only" model, but without producing a paid for App for Windows.

I usually view MHF on my PC and when I see a post about what looks like a good aire I used to go to CC to look for it and then click on "view on map". That brought me to Google maps and once I have had a good look, including satellite, if I liked it I saved it on Google maps with a category for each country. Stuffed now.

Well I've just tried it on my PC and it seems to work ok, I typed in a location, in this case Briancon which is in the French alps, picked out a site (the municipal one) clicked on info and copied and pasted the latitude and longitude into google earth and was able to see the satellite view and street level view.
Edit: it works with google maps the same way just paste in the Lat and Long.

1599996313800.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Well I've just tried it on my PC and it seems to work ok, I typed in a location, in this case Briancon which is in the French alps, picked out a site (the municipal one) clicked on info and copied and pasted the latitude and longitude into google earth and was able to see the satellite view and street level view.

View attachment 424662
You need to do a comparison with the app I found online it only shows about a third of the Aires. The old version did that if you weren't logged in but showed them all when logged in, can't log in on the new website.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
You are right Lenny it would be good to see number of spaces and maximum length although the last omission gives me an excuse for trying to squeeze it where it doesn't fit ;)
With the new coach there must be quite a few you can no longer get in.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 424662
Thanks, found it now. I was just trying to move around the maps and find the places that way. No longer allowed by the look of it.

BUT the search engine is VERY clunky. Firstly if you do as they suggest and type in "Spain" in the search box you end up with a map of Spain with only a fraction of the Aires showing! So I put in "Briancon" and hit search and a message comes up "No results for Briancon". Eventually found out that that is because I had not put the correct "accent" (is that the word?) under the "c"! So just typed "Brian" in and then chose from the list. But that is not going to be very good if an accent appears at the beginning of the word though!

Does anybody know how I can get the "accents" on my computer that those damn foreigners use please?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You need to do a comparison with the app I found online it only shows about a third of the Aires. The old version did that if you weren't logged in but showed them all when logged in, can't log in on the new website.

I'm confused now Lenny (not hard to do :giggle: ) Do you mean you can't log in on the new app? if so you need to tap on login then enter your email and then tap on forgotten my password they will send you an email to reset your password once you've reset the password you should be able to login, the reason I think you have to set a new password is because the password format has changed you need at least 8 characters one must be upper case it must include numbers and a special character like % or $ hope that's helpful.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Does anybody know how I can get the "accents" on my computer that those damn foreigners use please?

I didn't use an accent but i found that if you type briancon and leave the cursor at the n, Briancon will come up as a suggested place however if you tap the space bar you will not get any results.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
No, I'm was talking about the website interface.

I found this in the FAQ section.
  • What are the differences between the app and the Campercontact website?
    On campercontact.com you will find all the motorhome sites with basic information to sketch a basic image. Through the website you are (for the time being) unable to log in with your account, but you can do so in the app. There you will also have the possibility save your favorite motorhome sites (as PRO-user), for example, or to share a review. In addition, you will see ads on the website and in the FREE-version of the app, but you won’t if you have purchased the PRO-version of the app.
  • Is it correct that I am unable to log onto the website?
    Yes, that is correct. To completely optimize Campercontact, you can use the app. After you log in there you can, amongst other things, save your favourite motorhome sites (as PRO-user) or share experiences with other motorhome owners.

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
Not sure how others are able to find all the categories as on the previous version. Sat at a site on the Dordoigne with three other sites within one mile and unable to find them listed anywhere on the new CC. Having to type in a place name and not look at a map is a pain, especially when the sites do not appear for that place name. Using other apps now.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Just tried my updated app and it seems to be working Perfectly .It took about 20 seconds to lock on to my present location and then it was all good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back