CamperContact..... New app !!!! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You simply cannot be logged in with the same email address I suspect. Do you have a Gmail account for example and used that when you paid? If it was only 2 weeks ago find the email that you got as payment confirmation?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Logged in when it asked me to . But then it didn’t work ! E mail asking to verify so did that but still didn’t work ! Deleted and downloaded 4 times since and it is as if it has forgotten me . Went back to verify account and it says error address cannot be verified ! Sick to the back teeth of it now

My own account doesn’t work as I Pad too old .
Bought another for hubby on his I Pad with his e mail a couple of weeks ago and this is the one which isn’t working since the update . So paid twice now for nothing !

Not even an option to upgrade to paid version even if I wanted to waste more money

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think you need to find someone in your close family that is computer literate and ipad literate to help you. Clearly if you have managed to screw up 2 accounts then the error must be with you and getting physical help may be your surest way of getting it resolved. Remote troubleshooting over a forum on something like this is more than difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Not much on this thread in the last few weeks so I assume we all got on OK with the new app in the end.
Mine is working fine but takes an age to boot up, I reckon it updates when you start it.
If you exit and restart it should know it just up dated itself a few seconds ago and boot straight up?
On my phone it does not but it does do it's second start faster.

Having said this it might be my phone which is getting short of internal memory now and is starting to misbehave a bit.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Nope still not working and no contact from them despite an e mail saying we are looking at the problem and will contact you when resolved !

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Not much on this thread in the last few weeks so I assume we all got on OK with the new app in the end.
Mine is working fine but takes an age to boot up, I reckon it updates when you start it.
If you exit and restart it should know it just up dated itself a few seconds ago and boot straight up?
On my phone it does not but it does do it's second start faster.

Having said this it might be my phone which is getting short of internal memory now and is starting to misbehave a bit.
I'm still struggling with it. I don't find it easy to use. I don't like having to choose an area to look at, I'm probably not using it correctly.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't like having to choose an area to look at, I'm probably not using it correctly.
I think all the main alternatives behave the same way now. It gives it a different "look and feel" to how it used to be but I'm happy with it.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think all the main alternatives behave the same way now. It gives it a different "look and feel" to how it used to be but I'm happy with it.
To say I am happy with it would not be correct for me, the update introduced some stability and its operation is so different that you need to learn to love it again. They are clearly moving to a new business model and I will be happier when they resolve the browser based account access which at the moment is just a standard public GUI. I get times when reviews are not displayed on the browser with a message to view on the app in my account or some such. Probably be stable next year!

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I tend to use the app on my iPad, and it still does not fill the screen at a sensible resolution, say the way Search4Sites does.

Like reading a childs first book. Very little substance actually on screen and much more difficult to navigate, IMHO. Perhaps it's better on the phone, and the web version is a bit more useable.

Mainly use S4S whilst travelling now.

Actually wish I hadn't paid the subs for it just days before the update.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Been using it for a few weeks in Germany, worse thing is starting the app sometimes it starts OK other times it takes up to 10 min to boot.
When searching an area you get diffent results depending on zoom level, you find an Aire one day, next day you look for it no sign, finally find it after ½doz searches at diffent zoom levels.
Still can't click on satellite image like in the old one.

When they get it sorted it should be OK but at the moment it's a PITA.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been using it for a few weeks in Germany, worse thing is starting the app sometimes it starts OK other times it takes up to 10 min to boot.
When searching an area you get diffent results depending on zoom level, you find an Aire one day, next day you look for it no sign, finally find it after ½doz searches at diffent zoom levels.
Still can't click on satellite image like in the old one.

When they get it sorted it should be OK but at the moment it's a PITA.
Not assuming anything but just a question, arnt you having the same problems with park4night, could it be something at your end?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Not assuming anything but just a question, arnt you having the same problems with park4night, could it be something at your end?
No, it's the new app if you have been using you would understand.

The Park4night problems is the crap info that people load also they have disabled a lot of features in the latest free version, I can live with that but all the inaccurate info I can't. Every time I've used over the last few years I've only had about 10% success rate. It's probably OK if you have a PVC

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, it's the new app if you have been using you would understand.

The Park4night problems is the crap info that people load also they have disabled a lot of features in the latest free version, I can live with that but all the inaccurate info I can't. Every time I've used over the last few years I've only had about 10% success rate. It's probably OK if you have a PVC
In park4night, are you login in, you have to do this even if you are using the free version, that then opens up a lot more.
The basic web version not logged in doesn't really do anything.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
In park4night, are you login in, you have to do this even if you are using the free version, that then opens up a lot more.
The basic web version not logged in doesn't really do anything.
Didn't know there was a login but it won't alter the quality of the info which I find is crap. Where as CC rarely ever let's us down maybe 2 or 3 times over the last 4 years.

Edit:
Just created account & logged in, no different still have to pay to get the features that were free.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't know there was a login but it won't alter the quality of the info which I find is crap. Where as CC rarely ever let's us down maybe 2 or 3 times over the last 4 years.
If you are logged in it takes you straight to Google maps with the route already in , no messing with co ords ,then you can view the place with satalite or zoom in and reviews and sites close to and all sorts all in the free version.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If you are logged in it takes you straight to Google maps with the route already in , no messing with co ords ,then you can view the place with satalite or zoom in and reviews and sites close to and all sorts all in the free version.
See edit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back