C and CC Club Rules are rules (1 Viewer)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Drove an hour on Friday especially to stop at Boroughbridge and use their Motorhome Service Point to empty my black tank which I have done many times before.

Site was closed due to potential flooding but wardens were on site in the office. The emptying point is about ten yards past the exit barrier which was closed.

Despite pleading my tank was full and pointing out that there were two motorhomes still the other side of the barrier they wouldn't let me in to empty. Site closed by environment agency.

Just a little bit hacked off by this. Would have been in and out in ten minutes and was at my risk. One of the motorhomes the other side of the barrier belonged to the warden so clearly he wasn't that concerned.

Is what it is

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
was the site closed due to risk of flooding? it might be that the issue was to do with the waste facilities being potentially at risk of flooding and potentially sewage getting out - they may not have wanted it adding to?

otherwise they were just taking the piss - though obviously not yours ;)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
yes, for flooding but the emptying points are a long way from the river and behind a small hill adjacent to the road and attached to the main drains. My 'load' would have been gone in 60 seconds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Can’t you lift a manhole in your drive/garden and discharge there. Whilst I sympathise with your gripe with the warden, if the closure is official, and the EA are involved, if anything had gone wrong then he may have lost his job - just saying like.
You are probably right but the fact his Motorhome was there just rubbed salt in the wound.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Can’t you lift a manhole in your drive/garden and discharge there. Whilst I sympathise with your gripe with the warden, if the closure is official, and the EA are involved, if anything had gone wrong then he may have lost his job - just saying like.
We are not on main drains and the distance from where we park is a long way (50 yards) from septic tank point and across grass which I don’t want to drive over

soI plan on getting a tank on wheels and emptying into that and carting across to tank.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
You are probably right but the fact his Motorhome was there just rubbed salt in the wound.
Surely the fact that his Motorhome was there is completely different to letting in a member of the public when the site has been officially closed.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
If the warden is required to stay there under the conditions of his employment and the motorhome is his on-site accommodation, what do you expect he should do?

If the site has been closed by the EA, there could be very costly implications for the club, him and you if ignored.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I think the thread title is unfair to the Club if the EA have ordered the closure.

If so, it has nothing to do with Club Rules and will not be in their Rule Book.

Although the Clubs, and other campsites, seem to have some unnecessary rules.

And don't they just love applying obstructive rules.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If the warden is required to stay there under the conditions of his employment and the motorhome is his on-site accommodation, what do you expect he should do?

If the site has been closed by the EA, there could be very costly implications for the club, him and you if ignored.

Surely if the site is closed by a Government Agency they would insist on it being cleared.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Surely if the site is closed by a Government Agency they would insist on it being cleared.
Possibly, possibly not. It might depend on what restrictions they have imposed. But no doubt having the same experience of the great British public as me, they and/or the site owners require a presence to be maintained to ensure compliance.

I used to have to close off roads or public spaces in emergencies. If I manned the closure, I had to deal with a constant stream of people who thought it must apply to everyone except them. If I moved away, they would move the cones or tape and let themselves through, usually followed by a whole stream of lemmings.

Having personally known one colleague killed and two others seriously injured and having to quit their jobs as a result of people thinking road closures didn't apply to them I'm afraid I have a very short fuse for the "But officer, I only want to..." mentality.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I stayed on a caravan and motorhome pitch for 3 nights in Scotland then wild camped for 2 nights so whilst driving back past the site I had stayed in I stopped and told them I had just done the above and could I please empty my cassette I didn't need to enter the site just walk the 25 yrs and dump it
Not a chance they told me I pleaded on deaf ears and had to use a public toilet where appropriate
Cmc are a bunch of idiots and charge way too much I don't bother with them any more now not the main sites anyway only the cl sites

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I well remember, as a Site Warden, many years ago, maybe 16, the then current manager at the time on this site. The E.A. notified potential flooding and site evacuation , the manager, using his own tow vehicle to tow of caravans for members in this emergency, in the early hours, when another member stopped him and asked him to sign and stamp his free camping points card (something the member should have done on arrival ) so he could qualify for a free nights camping at a later date . I could not possibly repeat the managers reply!!!

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I stayed on a caravan and motorhome pitch for 3 nights in Scotland then wild camped for 2 nights so whilst driving back past the site I had stayed in I stopped and told them I had just done the above and could I please empty my cassette I didn't need to enter the site just walk the 25 yrs and dump it
Not a chance they told me I pleaded on deaf ears and had to use a public toilet where appropriate
Cmc are a bunch of idiots and charge way too much I don't bother with them any more now not the main sites anyway only the cl sites
Stay away then

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
If you read my previous post properly, you will see that is exactly what I am doing

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
In some cases I go with Douglas Baders famous saying : Rules are for the obediance of fools and the guidance of wise men: But just sometimes there is a very good reason for certain rules and any warden worth his salt (not many unfortunately) would explain the reason behind the decision for it, and this would then (probably) assure the members that its not just because he is doing it because he can.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We are not on main drains and the distance from where we park is a long way (50 yards) from septic tank point and across grass which I don’t want to drive over

soI plan on getting a tank on wheels and emptying into that and carting across to tank.

Out of interest do you park fairly close to your house.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I did read your post properly...thats why i would love it if you stayed away

I will do, then I won't be next to rude people like you ?

You just carry on parking in line with your white post ?????

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The environment agency is just that an agency, they cannot ORDER anything.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
As many who may have seen my posts I am not the greatest fan of the club's but in this case they are absolutely right and although the agency doesn't have many teeth they do have a say in planning and licence applications upset them at your peril (y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If that warden had let you on and something had gone wrong, I would put money on you would put the blame straight onto him. He was doing his job Which he properly needs to pay bills etc. He was not going to loose his job over some one like you that could of easily emptied somewhere else.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In some cases I go with Douglas Baders famous saying : Rules are for the obediance of fools and the guidance of wise men:
Bader was misquoting Solon for his own ends. In Solon's terms, wise men did not need rules because their wisdom meant that their duty to others came first.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The environment agency is just that an agency, they cannot ORDER anything.

They can make a restriction order to prevent the importation of waste into any premises under Sec 109 of the Environment Act 1995 (as amended 2018). They can also issue sanctions, fixed penalty notices and prosecute in their own right in civil and criminal courts amongst other powers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back