C and CC Club Rules are rules (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Are you actually a member of C.C.C or do you just want to give them your S..t
No, I am member - it is the one reason I keep up the membership is for the 20 or so sites with ground level motorhome service points that let you pop in and for £7 stay for four hours, use all the facilities including laundry etc and of course empty the tanks.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I stayed on a caravan and motorhome pitch for 3 nights in Scotland then wild camped for 2 nights so whilst driving back past the site I had stayed in I stopped and told them I had just done the above and could I please empty my cassette I didn't need to enter the site just walk the 25 yrs and dump it
Not a chance they told me I pleaded on deaf ears and had to use a public toilet where appropriate
Cmc are a bunch of idiots and charge way too much I don't bother with them any more now not the main sites anyway only the cl sites
Please do not try and besmirch the camping and caravan club by comparing it to that lot.(y):LOL::notworthy:

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
The environment agency is just that an agency, they cannot ORDER anything.
You must be joking. All of the local water authorities, farmers, and even construction companies live in fear of the environment agency if found to pollute the rivers / sea / and even the ground. The fines dished up by the EA each year is mega money.

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You must be joking. All of the local water authorities, farmers, and even construction companies live in fear of the environment agency if found to pollute the rivers / sea / and even the ground. The fines dished up by the EA each year is mega money.
They cannot bar you from entering or leaving anywhere and they are concerned with waste in a dumping and leaving situation against landowners having un regulated dumping ground, Not some hapless person having a crap, all the rules are made before the fact and not retrospectively.
To many people in this country are woried about the 'UMMM! I'm telling teacher' syndorme. The more you let anybody create empire the more they will try and do it. Anarchists take control in situations where others live in fear..
Ask 'Greta the great' about how the majority fall for a load of bull and bullying by crowds.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I was replying to your post -- The environment agency is just that an agency, they cannot ORDER anything.

Who said - They can bar you from entering or leaving anywhere??

The Environment Agency will normally have a site office located within the complex of most construction projects that could have an impact on the environment such as working near rivers and if they ORDER the project to stop - it stops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
It really doesn't take a genius to work out with the OP's mention of potential flooding, environment agency involvement and being refused entry to empty his black waste tank that the EA had probably served a restriction notice to prevent the disposal of waste on the site due to the risk of contaminating a water source if the site flooded. It is located right beside the river Ure after all!

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It really doesn't take a genius to work out with the OP's mention of potential flooding, environment agency involvement and being refused entry to empty his black waste tank that the EA had probably served a restriction notice to prevent the disposal of waste on the site due to the risk of contaminating a water source if the site flooded. It is located right beside the river Ure after all!
As I mentioned earlier, the emptying point is behind a huge berm protected from flooding, there were motorhomes including the wardens motorhomes right by the emptying point so clearly they weren't concerned and my waste would have been long gone down the main drains in the road.

That said, I accept they were complying with the rules to close the site, just seemed a bit jobsworth - I know that if it had been me I would have let me in for 10 minutes and let me out but then that's me.

I am over it now ?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
As I mentioned earlier, the emptying point is behind a huge berm protected from flooding, there were motorhomes including the wardens motorhomes right by the emptying point so clearly they weren't concerned and my waste would have been long gone down the main drains in the road.

That said, I accept they were complying with the rules to close the site, just seemed a bit jobsworth - I know that if it had been me I would have let me in for 10 minutes and let me out but then that's me.

I am over it now ?
So if the warden had been instructed not to let anyone in, should he have just let you in or everyone who might have come along and wanted to use the service point?

If the latter, what would be the point of instructing him not to allow it?

If the former, why you especially?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Never mind, Sh1t happens as they say. I’d be curious to know how many times you’ve stayed at Boroughbridge C&CC site seeing as you only live at Stamford Bridge, a mere 30 odd miles away. Or do you just use Boroughbridge to ‘drop your load off ‘ so to speak?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If you have ever watched the level of black water rising inside your downstairs toilet when the local sewers are flowing backwards due to flooding you wouldn't be so critical of the CCC or the EA.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
So if the warden had been instructed not to let anyone in, should he have just let you in or everyone who might have come along and wanted to use the service point?

If the latter, what would be the point of instructing him not to allow it?

If the former, why you especially?
Just to be clear - the restriction was nothing to do with dumping the tassel - it was ONLY to do with potential flooding the river having come within one metre of the bank

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Never mind, Sh1t happens as they say. I’d be curious to know how many times you’ve stayed at Boroughbridge C&CC site seeing as you only live at Stamford Bridge, a mere 30 odd miles away. Or do you just use Boroughbridge to ‘drop your load off ‘ so to speak?
I wasn't staying there I was using the C and CC stop off facility to empty on the way home

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you have ever watched the level of black water rising inside your downstairs toilet when the local sewers are flowing backwards due to flooding you wouldn't be so critical of the CCC or the EA.
Again - this was nothing to do with dumping and IU can tell you that the flood Waer was never going to reach that point anyway - never has to my knowledge and I think the warden would have moved his own motorhome if he thought that area was going to be flooded.

So, please can we drop this now (pardon the pun)? As a penance I have created a resource for all of us who perhaps want to take advantage of the stop off service the C and CC offer - see the next post

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
So, here is my penance ...

Because it is not possible for me to empty my black tank at home I often use the C and CC £7.30 stop off service -you can empty your tanks, fill your water, use the laundry etc. However, I did want a quick reference as to where they are in relation to wherever I happen to be.

So, I have added to my blog site this map of all the stop off points offered by the C and CC Club

You can see it at this link

What would be terrific is if people would PM me with other possible emptying points and I will add them to there map.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Let’s put all of the earlier talk about the C&CC waste disposal problem to bed and now move on.

Can you share why it’s not possible for you to empty your black tank at home as I and others may be able to help.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
We are not on main drains and the distance from where we park is a long way (50 yards) from septic tank point and across grass which I don’t want to drive over

soI plan on getting a tank on wheels and emptying into that and carting across to tank.

Peatmoor

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Matlock Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Premium Liner
Exp
Since 1986
Drove an hour on Friday especially to stop at Boroughbridge and use their Motorhome Service Point to empty my black tank which I have done many times before.

Site was closed due to potential flooding but wardens were on site in the office. The emptying point is about ten yards past the exit barrier which was closed.

Despite pleading my tank was full and pointing out that there were two motorhomes still the other side of the barrier they wouldn't let me in to empty. Site closed by environment agency.

Just a little bit hacked off by this. Would have been in and out in ten minutes and was at my risk. One of the motorhomes the other side of the barrier belonged to the warden so clearly he wasn't that concerned.

Is what it is
For various reasons I have had a great deal of contact with the Environment Agency in recent years in the expectation that they will come out to me to support and enforce the laws regarding my local flooding argument, (downstream neighbours lack of ditch maintenance causing my land to flood), Have the EA any interest in my plight??? none at all is one answer, the other is "we don't have the manpower".

I rather doubt the truthfulness regarding it being the Environment Agency who has issued the site with an order. They don't have the manpower to deal with small individual matters. Despite our plight, where I live we have never seen the rare EA animal. These site wardens are a law unto themselves. In my experience many wardens just love to be as obstructive as possible. They just love to exercise the power bestowed upon them by the club's management. It will likely be the whim of the warden that the site was inflexibly closed. He has the POWER!!

Nov 13, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
Rapido 924F A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I used to work for the EA and in this case support the action taken by the warden. Unfortunately in my experience the club wardens/site managers in England seem to revel in their power over members. This has generated all this bad feeling against the clubs and feedback given does not seem to affect their attitude. I personally have left the C&CC and C&MC.
If only they could be halfway as good as the site managers I have met in France!

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
I used to work for the EA and in this case support the action taken by the warden. Unfortunately in my experience the club wardens/site managers in England seem to revel in their power over members. This has generated all this bad feeling against the clubs and feedback given does not seem to affect their attitude. I personally have left the C&CC and C&MC.
If only they could be halfway as good as the site managers I have met in France!
Sorry while I agree about the club's and their faults (I to am no longer a member) not all their wardens are bad and not all club members are rude cantankerous sods and as for better abroad I have been on many sites in this country where the management was first class. I speak as I find (y)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
What club? More a trading company, I booked intotheir Oxford site, paid my deposit and a week later they cancelled my booking due to flooding on the site. They kept my deposit because they claimed that I didn't show! When it came to membership renewal,they couldn't or wouldn't use my 'lost' deposit towards my fees-I told them to stuff the club!
I do believe that some sanction is needed for people who book and don't turn up,but to lie about my deposit is more a practice akin to a dodgy dealer.

Nov 13, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
Rapido 924F A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry while I agree about the club's and their faults (I to am no longer a member) not all their wardens are bad and not all club members are rude cantankerous sods and as for better abroad I have been on many sites in this country where the management was first class. I speak as I find (y)
I agree, didn't mean to suggest all, but the attitude in France is much more helpful and welcoming.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What club? More a trading company, I booked intotheir Oxford site, paid my deposit and a week later they cancelled my booking due to flooding on the site. They kept my deposit because they claimed that I didn't show! When it came to membership renewal,they couldn't or wouldn't use my 'lost' deposit towards my fees-I told them to stuff the club!
I do believe that some sanction is needed for people who book and don't turn up,but to lie about my deposit is more a practice akin to a dodgy dealer.

phone the site directly and speak to the manager, Tony - he is a very nice man.

I will ask him about your problem when I get there tomorrow ?

pseward152

Free Member
Jun 9, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato dethleffs
Exp
Let it go in the hedges or over a drain what’s a matter with you

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So, here is my penance ...

Because it is not possible for me to empty my black tank at home I often use the C and CC £7.30 stop off service -you can empty your tanks, fill your water, use the laundry etc. However, I did want a quick reference as to where they are in relation to wherever I happen to be.

So, I have added to my blog site this map of all the stop off points offered by the C and CC Club

You can see it at this link

What would be terrific is if people would PM me with other possible emptying points and I will add them to there map.
I suggest you start a new thread on your map. The post will be lost in this thread. :)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Without wishing to reignite this debate...

yesterday, on my way to a friends house in Hadleigh I took a diversion to empty my black tank at Kelvedon C and C club only to be greeted by a warden telling me it was closed.for the winter and they were just locking up ( should have checked).

I said I just want to empty my black tank and the very nice warden said yes that’s fine and didn’t charge me because they were closed. I was in and out in 15 minutes and got a cheery wave goodbye.

so sometimes rules aren’t rules. ?

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes, for flooding but the emptying points are a long way from the river and behind a small hill adjacent to the road and attached to the main drains. My 'load' would have been gone in 60 seconds.

you can last 60 secs? Stud!! X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back