Brittany for 4 weeks, FLT aires (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@Just smiffy , sounds like you are working your way down slowly, may catch up with you but our ferry is not until next Sat.

Don’t know where I’ll be Lenny, but once I get level with the top of Spain I’ll be going across to Portugal... slowly again so it will be likely you’ll catch me up..(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Met fellow funster Clarky and another lady who didn't give me her forum name, Asbo been to vets , now 15 euro's lighter.
At la mailleraye aire now 2 new additions boule pitch and and bright red grasshopper for young kids .
20181001_161803.jpg
20181001_161743.jpg
20181001_162655.jpg
20181001_141114.jpg

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Port de Dinan is a great aire.

From memory it's a pay and display with a really clever machine that will gives you credit for any coins you put in, even the smaller cent coins will give you a few minutes.

"Even the smaller cent coins will give you a few minutes" How sensible. I got a £30 parking ticket in a small town in Dorset - can't remember where now - for overstaying although I had put in 20p short of 4 hrs-worth and returned with 20 minutes to spare. It was not pro-rata, which I presumed it was because that's what I'm used to. What I paid only got me 2 hrs. The rest didn't count. A policeman pal said "Send them a cheque for 20p and bin the ticket". I tried to do it the sensible way, by appealing to commonsense and being reasonable. No good. Ended up paying £80 for that 20p shortfall.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Red Baron shot down here..JPG

Great post Figit. I shall trawl thru your aires and make a list. I like a bit of 'aimless wandering' myself but nicking your aires might constitute 'research' The shame of it!

One thing I would say, as a pro snapper of 30 years, is although big can be beautiful it would enhance the posts of your so-called 'aimless wanderings' if you reduced your photos. For the purposes of your post and others similar, reduction to 750/100 pixels on the longer side [rest in pro] would be ideal.

This shot of the fields where The Red Baron came down after taking a Lewis gun round in the chest is only 319 x 194 pixels and 12.7kb. But it does the job.

Last edited:

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Street paella.jpg
This is what 500 pixels on the long side looks like. Only 1.03 Mb. Paella gigante in the street in Valencia.

The Lily Pool. Monet's Gdn. Giverny. FR--2.jpg
1000 pixels long side. The Lily Pool at Giverny, Monet's house.

Ain't digital great! In the original image there was a crowd of about 10-12 people in the 'hole' in the shrubbery on the far side, right front.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
"Obsession with free aires" & "... wandering aimlessly with the sole purpose of looking for free aires seems very odd to me". Comments not just odd but bizarre.

It's clear from his posts that Figit is not obsessed with free aires and is not "wandering aimlessly" looking for them. His blog reveals a marvelous selection of places most of us would love to go to - certainly me.

Many more miles of "aimless wandering" to you, Figit.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi @FIDGET ... I’m at Montruil-Bellay and they have lt a new aire just the other side of the campsite, full services and all free....result..(y)

However the river is very low and weedy and not fishable :unsure:

Walked up into town and around the Château/fort very steep...:cycle:

image.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don’t know where I’ll be Lenny, but once I get level with the top of Spain I’ll be going across to Portugal... slowly again so it will be likely you’ll catch me up..(y)
That's our rough plan may get across France in a couple of days but if the weather is nice may hang about in France.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That's our rough plan may get across France in a couple of days but if the weather is nice may hang about in France.

It’s warm throughout the day, a bit fresh in the mornings though... will probably be at twin lake in a couple of days..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we also love la Mailleraye, thanks to your own recommendation Fidget (y) and the vets (y)

been about 6 times and only once dared to park on the river side of the road for fear of getting stuck on the wet grass / mud o_O

our own fault for travelling so far out of season, but never find aires full though :)

a few more useful aires picked up here on this thread, many thanks :)(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
been about 6 times and only once dared to park on the river side of the road for fear of getting stuck on the wet grass / mud o_O
Doesn''t bother us hardy types with FWD :rofl:
Don't you use bread crates then?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Doesn''t bother us hardy types with FWD :rofl:
Don't you use bread crates then?

No Don’t need to my missus let me have air and jacks :)(y)

Could lift myself out of trouble (y) but have now identified a hard area opposite the church parking that I am happy to risk

In fairness to me even the locals were parked against the wall as well (y)

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
View attachment 259084 This is what 500 pixels on the long side looks like. Only 1.03 Mb. Paella gigante in the street in Valencia.

View attachment 2590861000 pixels long side. The Lily Pool at Giverny, Monet's house.

Ain't digital great! In the original image there was a crowd of about 10-12 people in the 'hole' in the shrubbery on the far side, right front.

Hi @Hilewaychile , too technical for me , just a point and shoot camera and post it , I'm afraid , that's me!!!
Nice thought though.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
we also love la Mailleraye, thanks to your own recommendation Fidget (y) and the vets (y)

our own fault for travelling so far out of season, but never find aires full though :)

a few more useful aires picked up here on this thread, many thanks :)(y)
We are at La Mailleraye now, parked beside @FIDGET , on the grassy bank.
Most of the year it’s quite OK as there is stone beneath the grass and it drains very quickly. We often come here in the winter but then always park against the wall at the back.
The bit opposite the chapel is the flattest and was part of a jetty at one time so is very solid.
Since they installed the barriers the French can’t get out of paying so it’s not as busy as it once was. :D

Richard.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The bit opposite the chapel is the flattest and was part of a jetty at one time so is very solid.
Since they installed the barriers the French can’t get out of paying so it’s not as busy as it once was. :D

Richard.

Have they filled in the gap between the last post and the river?

In February there were quite well worn tyre tracks going round the post, possibly the water people from the sewage works in their vans, but if not a brave move in a MH to avoid a few €'s o_O

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Have they filled in the gap between the last post and the river?

In February there were quite well worn tyre tracks going round the post, possibly the water people from the sewage works in their vans, but if not a brave move in a MH to avoid a few €'s o_O
Not the gap between the posts and river but they have put a cable and hanging chains across before the barrier. That also stops FLT’s parking on that gap for free.

Richard

BERTMARGIT

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Funster No
Free aires (well cheap)

Went to aires in france put card in to pay 7e per night
out came tickets blank problem cant input code to open barrier\
phoned no on pay point 1half hrs later got guy on phone
he lifted barrier by phone told us to phone him to get out
we stayed 3 nts lovely aire
people on site had same problems we had one couple took 3 hrs
another got out by driving nose to tail with person who had code
i phoned no answer kept trying then got answer phone in french
had an idea went to pay point had a scroll through
O look i can park 1hr for 2e card in barrier up me out
up 12e was i dish0nest

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Had a couple of nights back in UK at Folkestone cc site , lovely campsite but access to it a bit hairy!!, down a track of sorts ( one vehicle wide) for about half a mile or seemed it . Not many passing places and quite a lot of locals drive up and down the lane to take their dogs for a walk on the beach. Site is about 100 yards down a track to the beach , last photo is this morn view from or hab door just a little after sunrise.
20181005_101345.jpg
20181005_101414.jpg
20181005_101503.jpg
20181005_101728.jpg
20181006_074401.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries