Brittany for 4 weeks, FLT aires (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
your photos are fine. .. no need to downsize .. :)

enjoying your wanderings.. (y)
I prefer photos on here to be big enough so you can zoom in on them with a tap. This can be useful to see details.

Mine are generally 1280 pixels wide as that is the size I download them from the camera. The originals are over 4000 pixels wide but there's no point uploading those because apart from being in RAW format the Forum software would shrink them anyway. :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can someone please tell me what an FLT is?
"IABSOTU". I'm a bit slow on the uptake!

Please allow me to explain...

FLT stands for Free Loading Tosser.

Free Loading is sometimes referred to as "Wild Camping". ( I call it "Off-Site" parking because I don't think staying anywhere in a fully equipped motorhome has anything to do with "camping".)

Now, some folk (only a few) here believe that parking off-site is only done by people who are too mean to pay campsite (or aire) fees and are, therefore, pretty close to being Gypsies and refer to them as "Tossers".

Being a Fun forum, many of us who think that paying site fees to be parked with a load of other motorhomers is not how we want to enjoy our vans proudly adopt the label "Free Loading Tosser".

I am a Free Loading Tosser and am proud of it.

Hope this helps...

JJ (Superior and Smug) :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Please allow me to explain...

FLT stands for Free Loading Tosser.

Free Loading is sometimes referred to as "Wild Camping". ( I call it "Off-Site" parking because I don't think staying anywhere in a fully equipped motorhome has anything to do with "camping".)

Now, some folk (only a few) here believe that parking off-site is only done by people who are too mean to pay campsite (or aire) fees and are, therefore, pretty close to being Gypsies and refer to them as "Tossers".

Being a Fun forum, many of us who think that paying site fees to be parked with a load of other motorhomers is not how we want to enjoy our vans proudly adopt the label "Free Loading Tosser".

I am a Free Loading Tosser and am proud of it.

Hope this helps...

JJ (Superior and Smug) :cool:
Well said JJ couldn’t have put it better myself.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I prefer photos on here to be big enough so you can zoom in on them with a tap.

Just tried that, my montor went fzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and exploded.

But on a serious note, the combination of your many excellent photos and this software doesn't half slow me down even with a decent PC and broadband. I'm guessing this creates a cashe problem because I get to see that delay many times over sometimes. Those on mobiles must wonder what hit them.

I don't know what the answer is, I certainly want your pictures. What would be magnificent is if the user had a choice to select low res and then grab high res if the photo looked really spectacular. What do you think @Jim, I guess these photos play havoc with your server and that might be the slowing down I experience at times.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just tried that, my montor went fzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and exploded.

But on a serious note, the combination of your many excellent photos and this software doesn't half slow me down even with a decent PC and broadband. I'm guessing this creates a cashe problem because I get to see that delay many times over sometimes. Those on mobiles must wonder what hit them.

I don't know what the answer is, I certainly want your pictures. What would be magnificent is if the user had a choice to select low res and then grab high res if the photo looked really spectacular. What do you think @Jim, I guess these photos play havoc with your server and that might be the slowing down I experience at times.

I don’t have any problems on my iPad Brian and most of the pictures look great...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don’t have any problems on my iPad Brian and most of the pictures look great...

I hate to admit it but your iPad can probably outperform a conventional PC. I do have only 2.5Mbs right now. What happens, rarely really, is one of @DBK long threads turns up and I can scroll up and down seeing dozens of photos loading simultaneously.

Maybe things will improve when I get fibre in a week or so.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I hate to admit it but your iPad can probably outperform a conventional PC. I do have only 2.5Mbs right now. What happens, rarely really, is one of @DBK long threads turns up and I can scroll up and down seeing dozens of photos loading simultaneously.

I suspect as you do it is a slow broadband connection. I wonder if the Forum software could offer users the option only to see thumbnail images?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

As DBK said it’ll be your connection...... they’ll be no stopping you once you get fibre.... what speed have they quoted you once you get it..?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I wonder if the Forum software could offer users the option only to see thumbnail images?

I often see "mobile version" when browsing on an Android tablet and have to select the full version, so some form of scaling is possible.

It's not just speed, there is money involved for those on MiFi etc.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what speed have they quoted you once you get it..?

I'll believe it when I see it, 79-80Mbs. But there's loads of small print involved.

I do suffer watching bike racing at weekends but I cannot tell if it's my broadband or their servers. Some weekends we watch the racing on Monday when performance is perfect.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
I suspect as you do it is a slow broadband connection. I wonder if the Forum software could offer users the option only to see thumbnail images?

I think it already does. I loaded some pix back-along [the thread about that caravan being towed the wrong way up the M40] and had the option of thumbnails or 'full size'. I went for full size. The largest was 960 pixels longest side and occupies around A4 on my 27" monitor. The smallest was 510 pixels, showing about A5+.

500 pixels is plenty big enough to see detail but is economical for sender and receiver.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it already does. I loaded some pix back-along [the thread about that caravan being towed the wrong way up the M40] and had the option of thumbnails or 'full size'. I went for full size. The largest was 960 pixels longest side and occupies around A4 on my 27" monitor. The smallest was 510 pixels, showing about A5+.

500 pixels is plenty big enough to see detail but is economical for sender and receiver.
It does offer the option when you upload but I was asking if users could choose to see all images as thumbnails even if they have been posted as full size.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We were "promised" up to 67mbs by BT last month when we upgraded, which they then changed their minds on and reduced the figure to 37mbs. We actually got 21mbs which isn’t much more than we had before so haven’t noticed much difference in practice. A bit of a waste of money really.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back