Rally Chat Bristol Ballon Festival - Interest - Potential Rally. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Do you mean to the right??

That poor guy on the bridge - wonder if he's ever been back since :eek:

Um,,,, yep on the right - saying that if google maps is turned round it could be on the left.:doh:

I don't know about the guy on the bridge - I have never seen someone having a real panic attack before, lordy he was all colours there. He reminded me of the Mr Bean sketch where he was on the high board, especially the woo, woo bit.:wub:
It all happened after he looked over with one of his kids - and that was it, bearing in mind he was nearly half way across.

Half hour on an oxygen mask and a clean pair of shorts and no doubt his day ended fine.:clap2:

Regards,

Trikeman.:wink:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg

Just to get us in the mood..

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Trikeman I may have suffered from premature form posting. I have requested to be parked with the MHFun group but omitted to give my forum name. But, based on my address, you will be able to tell I'm from Wales:D:D:D

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Trikeman I may have suffered from premature form posting. I have requested to be parked with the MHFun group but omitted to give my forum name. But, based on my address, you will be able to tell I'm from Wales:D:D:D

Your not the only one - I'm only 'on loan' this side of the Severn. Drop me a PM with your name and I will see to it.

Regards,

Trikeman.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Yes please can I book me and kathy and 2 grand kids thanks

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Trikeman
How lucky are you! Take it that's the Avon Gorge Hotel top right? We've sat on their terrace with a drink, just to take in the view :)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im completely confused the dates on the booking form dont tally with the dates on the web site and those on theform dont tally with the right days on the callender

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Well as I need to plan because I will be coming from Spain, I emailed the club as they suggest if you have questions, about 28 hours ago to see if they would hold a space with the promise that I will send cheque straight away, no answer. So I guess I will have to give it a miss because the post from Spain to the UK can be quite slow, so by the time they get it, I guess they might well say....sorry full up and as I need to plan my tour........:( Oh Well.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
im completely confused the dates on the booking form dont tally with the dates on the web site and those on theform dont tally with the right days on the callender
I've taken it that the dates that Trikeman quoted in the op are correct....also see posts 12, 20 & 21 (y)
The dates on the balloon festival website are 2014 (I think, apologies if not lol)
@Billy23
Didn't Trikeman say his contact, Terry, does this part-time, he may not have had chance to see your query yet....

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I've taken it that the dates that Trikeman quoted in the op are correct....also see posts 12, 20 & 21 (y)
The dates on the balloon festival website are 2014 (I think, apologies if not lol)
@Billy23
Didn't Trikeman say his contact, Terry, does this part-time, he may not have had chance to see your query yet....

@Debs yes he did say that Terry did the job part time, and when I saw his phone number I phoned to ask, he answered the phone, I said are you busy, yes could you phone back at 7 pm which I did and the phone was on answer machine. He has since removed his phone number, and I understand that so that is not a complaint, I then emailed the address on the website if you have questions, different name, not Terry, no answer yet.

So I have (in my opinion) tried to book but I understand that being in Spain and trying to book something in the UK is difficult. As I say, not a complaint, my problem. Shame as I would have liked to have gone, but......I will have to form another plan :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Billy23
Ah, yes, I see where you coming from (y) A shame, as you say, I think it'll be pretty spectacular.

Good luck with sorting an alternative plan :)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

Hi Mitzmad,
PM answered - I am in the process of confirming with the BBF and the RFC the dates - I will put the dates up here to confirm. Just a cut and paste issue I believe.

Regards,

Trikeman.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
@Debs yes he did say that Terry did the job part time, and when I saw his phone number I phoned to ask, he answered the phone, I said are you busy, yes could you phone back at 7 pm which I did and the phone was on answer machine. He has since removed his phone number, and I understand that so that is not a complaint, I then emailed the address on the website if you have questions, different name, not Terry, no answer yet.

So I have (in my opinion) tried to book but I understand that being in Spain and trying to book something in the UK is difficult. As I say, not a complaint, my problem. Shame as I would have liked to have gone, but......I will have to form another plan :)

Billy,
if you pm me your email address I will drop you mine where you can email me your completed booking form - I will then give it to Terry where you will be provisionally booked in. Put a paper copy and your cheque in the post to him and once received he will just confirm - all will be fine.

Regards,

Trikeman.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All, just an additional thought!!!!!

Anyone who's coming into mountain biking? Ashton Court has some excellent MTB trails that are great fun, blue, black and the dreaded red courses. There is also fifty acre and leigh woods right next to the venue - now that would be a right giggle.

We go there quite regular and there are trails for the novice right up to the complete MTB nutter....
I and my Son in Law will be carting our MTB's along so feel free to join us - we know the trails pretty well so no one should get lost, and it don't cost anything to ride it.

Broken Link Removed

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
It sounds a great venue Trikeman will look out for future meets there looking forward to exploring whats in and around Bristol.
regards Kate x

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Okey Dokey - That's Billy sorted - he will be with us.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Thanks for that, I have posted the form and cheque. With the Spanish post it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Terry :)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi All, just an additional thought!!!!!

Anyone who's coming into mountain biking? Ashton Court has some excellent MTB trails that are great fun, blue, black and the dreaded red courses. There is also fifty acre and leigh woods right next to the venue - now that would be a right giggle.

We go there quite regular and there are trails for the novice right up to the complete MTB nutter....
I and my Son in Law will be carting our MTB's along so feel free to join us - we know the trails pretty well so no one should get lost, and it don't cost anything to ride it.

Broken Link Removed

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)
We'de be up for that - maybe not the MTB nutter trails, but some easier trails would be good. (y)

Future meets sounds good, there is usually some event going on in Bristol, although the Harbour Festival is a nightmare to get around - we went for years when we had our boat and it was lovely, but it's got so big now the last time we went we were herded around a one way system, didn't see anything, just misery.

There is a kite festival at Ashton Court, so maybe one for future rally dates....

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like the Kite Festival is moving to Durdham Downs this year but still potential for lots of other rallies there:)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looks like the Kite Festival is moving to Durdham Downs this year but still potential for lots of other rallies there:)
Durdham Downs isn't too far away from the site, and probably not so much of a hilly climb to and fro, so we could do that as well - as long as we could get Debs over the bridge! :rofl:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi trikeman we are now going to camp in general camping nearer the site as mike has a bad hip at the moment so has to be careful
we are still loooking forward to meeting and seeing other funsters while at the festival or in the rugby club.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any more Funsters who want to join us? Looks like a good group of around 16 so far :) Get your booking in now before other rally groups fill up the spaces!:unsure:

Last edited:

panner

Free Member
Jul 10, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Comanche
Exp
3years
Sent cheque & form Tuesday waiting on conformation, looking forward to meeting other funsters.
Steve & Sharon.

apple7

LIFE MEMBER
May 22, 2012
Bridgend S Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria zola S687SP
Exp
Since 2011.
Can we come?!?!

PLEASE......with a cherry on top!