Rally Chat Bristol Ballon Festival - Interest - Potential Rally. (2 Viewers)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Can we come?!?!

PLEASE......with a cherry on top!
If you read through the thread you will see the link to the form which must be filled in with a cheque to Cotham Park RFC.

Please include your Funster user name and mention that you would like to be parked with Motorhome Fun.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
As I understand it from Trikemans posts this is an offer from a friend of his to arrange a small section of parking at the Rugby Club to allow Funsters to park together. There will obviously be a limit on space and numbers.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Thanks Mousy for 'keeping the boat afloat' and answering some questions whilst I was stuck in work......(y)

Had a chat with Terry who said he has been inundated with our booking forms and is spending this weekend 'driving' through them and getting the confirmations sorted shortly. He has invited me to sit with him once we get to the liquidation point and work out the area for us - he is quite happy to section off a good area and we sort ourselves out as far as positioning is concerned - as long as we 'loosely' adhere to the space requirements, you know the fire leap between us etc.

Seeing the photo of the pile of booking forms made me quite excited.
Thankfully our good friend Billy23 is now fully sorted - I have emailed him to confirm HE'S IN.:party2:

Regards,

Trikeman.:clap2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Mousy for 'keeping the boat afloat' and answering some questions whilst I was stuck in work......(y)

Had a chat with Terry who said he has been inundated with our booking forms and is spending this weekend 'driving' through them and getting the confirmations sorted shortly. He has invited me to sit with him once we get to the liquidation point and work out the area for us - he is quite happy to section off a good area and we sort ourselves out as far as positioning is concerned - as long as we 'loosely' adhere to the space requirements, you know the fire leap between us etc.

Seeing the photo of the pile of booking forms made me quite excited.
Thankfully our good friend Billy23 is now fully sorted - I have emailed him to confirm HE'S IN.:party2:

Regards,

Trikeman.:clap2:

Thanks for sorting this Trikeman, and also pass our thanks onto Terry along with the hope he got to spend a bit of the weekend away from sorting forms! (y)

Looking forward to a brilliant weekend.:)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Durdham Downs isn't too far away from the site, and probably not so much of a hilly climb to and fro, so we could do that as well - as long as we could get Debs over the bridge! :rofl:
Do you know it only occurred to me earlier that if I manage to walk over it that there will also be a RETURN journey :doh: I might have to bring a blindfold :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Do you know it only occurred to me earlier that if I manage to walk over it that there will also be a RETURN journey :doh: I might have to bring a blindfold :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:
Ah but Debs, we will have visited the Coronation Tap, The Orchard Inn, The Albion, The Lansdown, and The Clifton Wine Bar by then, so you will either walk over and not remember a thing, or the guys will be carrying us girls back - either way - nothing to worry about! :wine::rofl:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Ah but Debs, we will have visited the Coronation Tap, The Orchard Inn, The Albion, The Lansdown, and The Clifton Wine Bar by then, so you will either walk over and not remember a thing, or the guys will be carrying us girls back - either way - nothing to worry about! :wine::rofl:

You're a bad influence;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Don't think anyone will manage to carry me but I have found in the past I can crawl pretty well (though not often in a straight line) :roflmto:
smiley_drinking.gif

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't think anyone will manage to carry me but I have found in the past I can crawl pretty well (though not often in a straight line) :roflmto:
smiley_drinking.gif
You'll have no worries - straight lines or not - after Cliff's uncle jumped off the bridge they put in solid sides and a big canopy over the Portway to stop anyone falling onto the passing traffic, so you'll just bounce off the walls all the way back..... (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
One of the reasons we visited Bristol in 2013 was to do the Gromit Trail. We failed miserably to complete it as we didn't allow enough time but had a great time walking round and discovering them (y).

I've just discovered that this year there will be a Shaun the Sheep City Trail July - August 31st. Details Broken Link Removed. I know it's all aimed at kids but we enjoyed it :).

I have a feeling we're going to be on the go the whole of this rally :D

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Form & Cheque sent.Hope we get in , This will be our first meet with fellow Funsters.(y).Please treat us Gently:) Just noticed.Dates appear to be wrong on booking form.Can some one comfirm .Friday is 7th Aug.?

Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Only because I, like others need to travel a long way,. Could somebody explain to me why does it quite clearly say on the balloon website, 6th to the 9th 2015 and we are booked on the club site 9th to the 12th. Is it my age? :D

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Bill, stop worrying ::bigsmile: it was the balloon fiesta website wrong a few days ago and then the booking forms reflected the fiesta dates (as given) - we here then noticed the errors so I contacted the fiesta organisers who apologised and then put them right....... Then we discovered that neither the site or the fiesta tied with the calendar.:laughing:

I spoke to Terry who had built the booking forms on the dates supplied by the fiesta organisers - I pointed out to Terry the dates were wrong on the booking forms....... It just went on..... However, I think everything is sorted now - it may have been easier to get it right if we had just taken three days out of August this year and until the end of time, however we elected to get the balloon fiesta done right instead...
:doh:
Here are the official dates of the site opening/nights,
Thursday 6th of August 2015 - Sunday 9th August - last member leaving by 13.00 Monday 10th August - Lordy, I hope that's right now.:wink:
Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Bill, stop worrying ::bigsmile: it was the balloon fiesta website wrong a few days ago and then the booking forms reflected the fiesta dates (as given) - we here then noticed the errors so I contacted the fiesta organisers who apologised and then put them right....... Then we discovered that neither the site or the fiesta tied with the calendar.:laughing:

I spoke to Terry who had built the booking forms on the dates supplied by the fiesta organisers - I pointed out to Terry the dates were wrong on the booking forms....... It just went on..... However, I think everything is sorted now - it may have been easier to get it right if we had just taken three days out of August this year and until the end of time, however we elected to get the balloon fiesta done right instead...
:doh:
Here are the official dates of the site opening/nights,
Thursday 6th of August 2015 - Sunday 9th August - last member leaving by 13.00 Monday 10th August - Lordy, I hope that's right now.:wink:
Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Kevin, I am fine now, as if by magic, I now have my booking confirmation from Terry, all signed up 6th to 9th August 2015 ....Job done!

May I thank both you and Terry for your hard work on this get together. (y)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Bill, that's excellent news - now is the time for me to start compiling the list..........
I shall now start a thread that is compiling the list of attendees and anyone who has received a confirmation to let me know they have received it.

No thanks needed Bill, although it's been a nightmare with the dates going Pete Tong, I'm enjoying it.

Regards,

Trikeman.(y)

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Hi Trikeman,just had booking confirmation from Terry,Looking forward to this meet.
Regards Bob.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Right, I will start the list of confirmed attendees (Funsters) here until Jim (may his name be praised:notworthy2::notworthy2:) gets us a slot in the confirmed rallies and on the calendar, just PM'd him so should hear something shortly.
So Far
1 - Billy 23
2 - Grumpy old git (nice really)
3 - Trikeman

No doubt this list will grow as the confirmations arrive - once we have a rally slot on the calendar AND a thread in the rally's on then I will transfer the list there, we will be on our way then :clap2:

Regards,

Trikeman.::bigsmile::party:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We have received our confirmation. Please may we be added to the list(y)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We have received our confirmation. Please may we be added to the list(y)

Terry must be flat out tonight. :notworthy2:

The list expands.
So Far Confirmed.
1 - Billy 23
2 - Grumpy old git (nice really)
3 - Trikeman
4 - Mousy

Regards,

Trikeman.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun