Being parked at the side of a road and alcohol (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
Last year I predominantly used camp sites, but I'm planning on doing a bit more off-grid in the campervan this year. I started thinking about being parked up somewhere and PC Plod raps on the window, spots a glass of wine in your hand and the whole world of being drunk in charge of a vehicle comes into play. After a bit of googling, the basic advice of never starting the engine, keep the keys out the ignition, don't sit in the drivers seat if it's in the forward position. All common sense suggestions and ones I'll always adhere to.

Has anyone ever had any altercations with the boys in blue whilst parked up, or do they tend to leave you alone when they see your blinds are closed and you're not bothering anyone?

Thanks,

Arron.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
This thread reminds me a couple of years ago a foreign trucker arrived with a delivery late on a Friday and the factory was closed for a long weekend, so he parked on a lay-bye just down the road from here, and just drank the whole time. He was seen at odd times walking in the road really drunk and disorderly. Somehow the truck caught alight, it was a massive fire, the road was closed, damage done to the road, the truck and his load obviously totally destroyed, black smoke along the valley. etc. The police requested if any locals had seen him with the keys in his hand. I've no idea what happened to him, I'd like to know was he charged etc. But you bet he lost his job. And his truck.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back