Are you legs smooth or hairy? (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm cycling more now and have been advised to remove the hair from my legs (easier to patch up if I come off, more aerodynamic and a few other reasons I've forgotten).

Do you shave, wax or use a hair removing cream on your legs? If so, what do you use and why? What are the results like and do you do it throughout the year or only when wearing shorts?

Anyone tried Veet for Men? The reviews are .... informative Amazon product ASIN B000KKNQBK

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
.............Waiting for Joy's reply................ @movan:whistle:;)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Be brave and go for a wax....it doesn't hurt...........

..much!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't forget to shave your head, arms and cut your ears off to aid aerodynamics.

I find it all quite funny....aerodynamics on a bike. :LOL::LOL:
Bit like getting your hair cut to lose weight.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Don't forget to shave your head, arms and cut your ears off to aid aerodynamics.

I find it all quite funny....aerodynamics on a bike. :LOL::LOL:
Bit like getting your hair cut to lose weight.

For some riders, the time saving is significant: 70 seconds over a 40km race. For me, it won't be anything like that but ... some people still recommend it.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I never had really hairy legs, but since going on the hormone treatment I have legs that any woman would die for. One of my son in laws swears blind I shave em. Strange really as my bald patch got smaller and I almost have a full head of hair.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I recently stopped trimming my bikini line :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I never had really hairy legs, but since going on the hormone treatment I have legs that any woman would die for. One of my son in laws swears blind I shave em. Strange really as my bald patch got smaller and I almost have a full head of hair.
It's migrating Dave, do you have any short, curly patchs ? :LOL:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It is the one area I have been lucky in..... NEVER had to shave my legs.. I always feel sorry for friends who have hairy legs, (my daughter does ), and even more so for those who have a moustache shadow ...

The strange thing is that since chemotherapy although all my other hair grew back, the hair under my arms didn't so I don't even have to shave that.

Life is good sometimes. :) :)

Apparently there is some kind of dilapidatory cream @Mattyjwr which you just use as a shower cream ... that sounds like the easiest way to me.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
First picture of mine...

I do shave my legs... :nod: :nod:

I use "Nitro moors Paint stripper"... (y)

Cos I is ard as a rock... in I ....

Second picture is Judy`s..... lazy sod.. That`s why she all way`s wear`s jeans.. :RollEyes:

upload_2016-10-31_10-40-41.jpeg

alice.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When you can remove it you could sell it to @Chris

The Amazon reviews are great aren't they (y):LOL:

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Sue shaves her legs
However we had to fit a bigger Briggs and Stratton engine to the mower

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
My wife changed careers 5 years ago, she went back to college and retrained as a Beauty Terrorist.

As she was training, I got free massages (Indian Head, Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue etc) and was used as her waxing test bed (arms, legs, chest and back). She then went on an "Intimate Waxing" course..... I slept with one eye open for the next 6 months.....

Done properly hox waxing to normal body parts is OK and has great results. Hot waxing in the areas which the sun fails to find does make your eyes water.......

We nearly divorced when she siad she might take a "Bleaching" course......

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It is the one area I have been lucky in..... NEVER had to shave my legs.. I always feel sorry for friends who have hairy legs, (my daughter does ), and even more so for those who have a moustache shadow ...

The strange thing is that since chemotherapy although all my other hair grew back, the hair under my arms didn't so I don't even have to shave that.

Life is good sometimes. :) :)

Apparently there is some kind of dilapidatory cream @Mattyjwr which you just use as a shower cream ... that sounds like the easiest way to me.

Have you read the reviews of Veet for Men @movan ? Some look as though the easiest way isn't always the most positive experience.

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
If you don't know whether or not to shave your legs for cycling then the answer is ... Don't.

I've been cycling around 5,000 miles a year for over a decade, on my own and in various clubs.
The only men I know who shave their legs are in a Racing club and, at their own admission, it's more of a aesthetic thing.

The reason the Pros do it are (1) Post ride massage isn't so messy (2) Post crash cuts and grazes are easier to deal with.

What sort of cycling do you do? What annual mileage? What sort of daily/ride mileage? How fast? What sort of bike do you ride?

Generally there are many other improvements you can make before resorting to leg shaving.

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
Exactly, there's no substitute for increasing your power:weight on a bike.... and it's free (unlike the £400 per kilo it will cost to lose by buying lighter bikes).

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If you don't know whether or not to shave your legs for cycling then the answer is ... Don't.

I've been cycling around 5,000 miles a year for over a decade, on my own and in various clubs.
The only men I know who shave their legs are in a Racing club and, at their own admission, it's more of a aesthetic thing.

The reason the Pros do it are (1) Post ride massage isn't so messy (2) Post crash cuts and grazes are easier to deal with.

What sort of cycling do you do? What annual mileage? What sort of daily/ride mileage? How fast? What sort of bike do you ride?

Generally there are many other improvements you can make before resorting to leg shaving.

When you have an operation nowadays they insist that you do not shave beforehand and they won't shave you either as shaving can allow infection to enter the body and contaminate the surgical wound site so I suspect that shaving to enable patching up could in fact do more harm than good!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
That's what they do in the barbers to remove the hair in and around your ears though with cotton wool soaked in methylated spirits. The barber shields your head of hair with his hand whilst "flashing" your ears with the flame.

Just in case there are some youngsters and ladies who are not aware of this. Personally I can't stand hairy ears!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I once knew a lady who had hairy nipples,and at my request she used some hair removal cream to smooth things along. Well,smooth they certainly were,but it made me realise that the little bumps around her nipples (I can't remember their correct name,sorry),were unusually large.

When I asked her about this,she told me that the little bumps were a form of Braille,and that they spelt "suck here". Didn't really need any further instructions after that........

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I remember watching a John Bishop sketch about men shaving there 'bits'. It was all around his bike ride accross the USA I think. It had me in stitches with tears rolling down my cheeks. Also the hair removal cream review. If they don't put you off hair removal guys then nothing will!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I can categorically confirm that the reason the pros shave their legs is because they have so many sports massages. If the legs were not shaved it would pull and hurt (even more) if the legs were hairy. Also the poor therapist would have no finger prints left.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When you have an operation nowadays they insist that you do not shave beforehand and they won't shave you either as shaving can allow infection to enter the body and contaminate the surgical wound site so I suspect that shaving to enable patching up could in fact do more harm than good!
That must be an area health authority thing then
When I recently had a triple bypass I was told under no circumstances was I to shave my chest or legs (they remove veins from your legs to graft to the heart).
Along came nursery the day before the operation and using what looked like an industrial beard trimmer stripped both legs and chest of all hair.
You are not to be trusted to do it yourself in case you nick the skin.
Any nicks or cuts = no operation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back