Angle Mort again (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Lets hope for everyone's sakes that she does not get elected.
Why ? We've tried all the other routes & on at least one occasion she has been robbed of winning by collusive voting in the final round.
and banning earphones for all road users including pedestrians.
Totally illegal here along with the mobile phone earpiece when driving. Aso they made it illegal for pedestrians to cross the road anywhere bt at a designated crossing place. along with breathalysers for them
you would expect to be exonerated?
Yes. I'd probably be prosecuted though for the kicking I'd be giving what was left of them for A) being stupid & B) damaging my vehicle.
In Holland it it almost impossible for a cyclist to be at fault with a vehicle collision.
Complete nonsense. A twat is a twat & it just encourages them. Although the vast majority in Hollandhave excellent road craft

I drive sensibly & expect all other roads users to do the same. If they can't it isn't my problem & I have no problem hosing off the bits & suing the estate for my damage.
If yu wish to take the piss & ride through a red light do not for one second think I will brake.Step off the pavement without looking , the same. I'm not there to enable you to do what you fancy & expect others to keep you safe..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
All these threads tend to concentrate on the whose fault are accidents is it a sensible measure stuff. Surely the point is if you visit another country and thats their law you comply.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
All these threads tend to concentrate on the whose fault are accidents is it a sensible measure stuff. Surely the point is if you visit another country and thats their law you comply.

6 months ago my van was PHGV, I have downrated to 3500kgs - it's the same van!............. but doesn't need to have Angle Morts stickers

Do I really need a sticker to stop some cyclist riding alongside me at a junction?....

...... isn't it time cyclists realised their own vulnerability and stop riding as if they are the only/most important uses of public roads?

flat out TDF riding is for closed roads - not rush hour traffic........................

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We re debating whether its a pointless law or not? It is France - they've got form :ROFLMAO:

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Hi. Just a simple question that I don't know the answer to.
Should the warning sign picture of the vehicle, be similar to the vehicle the sign is fitted to?
We have a twin axle. (1front 2rear)
Thanks.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Should the warning sign picture of the vehicle, be similar to the vehicle the sign is fitted to?
Thanks.
If you have 1 front and 2 rear in my mathematics that totals to 3

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Thanks.
The legislation just has goods vehicles and passenger vehicles , the bus one is to be used for passenger vehicles . HTSH :)

anything other than the two prescribed versions is not legal .

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
So now we’re saying we have to have the correct picture on the side? Just how thick is the cyclist we’re trying to save? If it’s a picture of a bus and it should have been a lorry are we saying they’ll ignore it, if so then this highlights what a pointless exercise in dumbing down this has become. :LOL:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Anyone remember the old Cycling Proficiency Test? Why don’t they introduce something similar that has to be passed before cyclists are let loose on the roads?
Don’t stop us going over 30mph in 30 mph zone.
people will alway flaunt the rules and regulations where is you face mask?😄

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Don’t stop us going over 30mph in 30 mph zone.
people will alway flaunt the rules and regulations where is you face mask?😄
Cyclists going over 30mph? Really?! :unsure:

The point of something like a Cycling Proficiency Test would be to make cyclists aware of the difficulties drivers of large vehicles face with them. If they understand the difficulties they are less likely to end up squished!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Sorry I disagree we all passed a driving test and I bet everyone has broken the law at some stage

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm also all for things that save lives, but I question the suggestion that a cyclist who doesnt appreciate the inherent danger of cutting up the side of a 16 metre long 4 metre tall 44 tonner will be persuaded to take notice of a 10x8 sticker.

By the way the last time I drove a lorry through London I had a cyclist duck under the trailer of my lorry as I was sat at a red light, but luckily I checked before pulling away and saw his head sticking out! I have no idea what he was doing there.
As you say the stupidity of anyone on a cycle (I am a cyclist) that goes anywhere near a larger vehicle like a truck or a bus is asking for trouble.They should not be let out of the house without a carer.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Better cyclepaths would definitely help, as would requiring registration plates for bicycles and banning earphones for all road users including pedestrians.
Fully agree about earphones.I don't know how they can safely cycle with them in.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Why ? We've tried all the other routes & on at least one occasion she has been robbed of winning by collusive voting in the final round.

Totally illegal here along with the mobile phone earpiece when driving. Aso they made it illegal for pedestrians to cross the road anywhere bt at a designated crossing place. along with breathalysers for them

Yes. I'd probably be prosecuted though for the kicking I'd be giving what was left of them for A) being stupid & B) damaging my vehicle.

Complete nonsense. A twat is a twat & it just encourages them. Although the vast majority in Hollandhave excellent road craft

I drive sensibly & expect all other roads users to do the same. If they can't it isn't my problem & I have no problem hosing off the bits & suing the estate for my damage.
If yu wish to take the piss & ride through a red light do not for one second think I will brake.Step off the pavement without looking , the same. I'm not there to enable you to do what you fancy & expect others to keep you safe..
Gordon Bennet are you real Gus..That person riding through the red light is someone's son,husband or father,,Stupid yes or could be just careless.Have you never made a mistake.The fact someone walks or cycles in front of you doesn't give you the right to mame or kill them.BUSBY.

Sep 17, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
I may have missed a thread, although I checked. The unsightly "Angle Mort" stickers are for vehicles over 3,500 kg, like mine, which is 3850 kg. Up until now, I could swan along some of the many 3,500 kg speed restricted roads and easily be taken for a 3.5kg, as my model motorhome did make some at that weight. As soon as I stick the ugly badges on, I identify myself and must comply with 8o kph.
Dear ducato. I love France in my MH. I thought that mine was 3500, but the plate is 3200, but I have no problem with the angle mort. Having driven coaches over there for years, I had more mirrors on my coach than in a music hall dressing room! I had I had the 4 standard mirror, each with a truck blind spot mirror, one to show the road under the bulging front, and one that showed me traffic approaching from the left at award junctions. I am not happy with my mirrors on the Ducato in England, being left-hand drive, I find that I have to position the vehicle at weird angles to see approaching traffic from the right, especially on exiting some of the slip roads off of motorways. As I am used to having 'preying mantis mirrors', I find it disconcerting that I have to turn my head almost 90 degrees to view my right-hand door mirror, meaning that I am not looking ahead, With my coach, I only had the flick a quick glance to view the road and of vehicles creeping up on my nearside, especially in Paris. Last time I holidayed there was in late 2019 before the pandemic. I try to avoid the autoroutes due to cost (Class 2) and stick to normal roads at the regulated speed limit for the towns and 80kph elsewhere. Why does anyone want to speed in such beautiful scenery? Even on the rare occasions on the autoroute or dual carriageways (where allowed) I try to keep to under 100kph, to save on fuel and enjoy the ride.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
In my earlier days I taught and drove artics. In my experience you could attach a 40 foot placard warning cyclists and they would still try to ride through a suicide gap. I often wondered if they were actually blind. It is the minority as with all things connected to brain power.

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
Some websites say visitors need then others say they don't. But what is common is they are only required in urban areas.
The French tend to assume all Motorhomes are 3500kg so I'm not too worried I won't be fitting them to my 4500kg van.
Lenny are you in France now? Are you travelling without the signs? On,y asking as we are going on .Sunday and i really don’t want to put these unsightly stickers on my beautiful van 🤔

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Well I've got two 'stickers' for the rear and two 'magnetic' ones for the sides. Not really bothered about the back of the bus, but the sides could really do without having a whopping great sign on them that will be of use once or twice a year.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny are you in France now? Are you travelling without the signs? On,y asking as we are going on .Sunday and i really don’t want to put these unsightly stickers on my beautiful van 🤔
Nope still in the UK, hope to get over mid September, fingers crossed.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We have twin wheels at the back so I suppose harder to disguise 🙄
Hmm.?? have you got them to take? We re undeniably big but I didnt fit mine straight away and took a view when we got there and in the end decided to only because I was going through Rouen. I then took them back off carefully in Eurotunnel carpark and refitted them to the backing paper so I can use them next time if the law is still running.

I would say only around 1% of the Mh's we saw there had them fitted and they tended to be obviously classe 3 or 4

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
If you wish to take the piss & ride through a red light do not for one second think I will brake. Step off the pavement without looking , the same. I'm not there to enable you to do what you fancy & expect others to keep you safe..
Just remember pedestrians and cyclists (and horse riders and horse drawn vehicles) have a RIGHT to use the road.
Powered vehicles require an annual LICENCE to use the road.

Therefore using your argument above, the cyclists can run you down, however you do not have the right to run them down, it is after all their right to be on the road, not yours.

(In the case of a collision, the onus is on the powered vehicle driver to prove innocence, not on the cyclist/pedestrian to prove guilt)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back