Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all.

10 days and counting I will be the proud owner of a Swift Spirit (Escape) 664 all shiny and new, cant wait and counting down the days feeling like a kid at Christmas lol We are going from the dealers Webbs Reading after handover straight to a local campsite for a couple of days if there are any snags we can go back to Webbs to put right hopefully there will be none. then all being well go where the wind takes us until October 5th when our storage spot becomes available, so hard finding anywhere with space. We are new to van life in the UK but have had a total of 12 weeks in a van in Australia over the last 2 years so not complete novices, highly recommended fantastic country such friendly people by the way. I am sure I am bound to have a few questions after pickup, bear with me (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello hellowelcome exciting times ahead, look up some of our Rallys and meets good way to meet fellow funsters, Great meet coming up in Shewsbury in November a bonfire meet, lots going on.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi and Welcome. Your new van will be fitted with the latest clean burning diesel engine and have lots of warranty should you find any problems in the future.
Wishing you lots of good times ahead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi @Fontie,

Welcome. Could I suggest that if you click on your 'Handle' beside your Avatar square (A Bit unfortunate at the mo' I suggest you get a photo put in there, anyway,
If you click on 'Information' you can put more 'stuff' in there so that we all know where in the country you live, what van you have, etc.
That might help fellow Funsters who are gagging to help you enjoy the wonderful world of motorhoming.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome !
I wondered what @Emmit meant when I read it!!! Yes the FO can be off putting!!!!:LOL:
Good luck with your new MH and adventures , you will get lots of help and advice on here!!:WelcomeFlag:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Fontie, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for all the welcomes. I have added a picture for my avatar it is me cartooned, and filled in some of my profile. I see what you meant FO not the best lol

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for all the welcomes. I have added a picture for my avatar it is me cartooned, and filled in some of my profile. I see what you meant FO not the best lol
That’s more like it!!!
Welcome and enjoy the banter!!

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. Hope we don't upset you so that you FO. :D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Welcome to fun. I hope your new van is nothing compared to your user name. @andy63 van is named fonti. It was brand new but had so many faults we named it Fonti....As in Glaswegian slang...Falling to pieces.:LOL:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Welcome to fun. I hope your new van is nothing compared to your user name. @andy63 van is named fonti. It was brand new but had so many faults we named it Fonti....As in Glaswegian slang...Falling to pieces.:LOL:

Welcome fontie... as said my van has a similar name on account of all the little faults it had ...:LOL:.. some caused by folk reversing into me:whistle:
Hope you enjoy yours and its trouble free(y)
Andy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all.

10 days and counting I will be the proud owner of a Swift Spirit (Escape) 664 all shiny and new,

Don't buy Swift, they are rubbish. Leak like sieves.

Is what I've written for years, but this year you can guess what we bought ! Second hand, dry as a bone and the layout is perfect for us. But as I said, ten years ago the beds were falling apart, people were falling through holes in the floor. It looks like they got there act together.

You layout is very similar to ours but with two extra seat belts. It works very well. We think the main bed is too narrow. Yours is much brighter with the new white finish.

Now all you have to do is do it justice. Our first test run many years ago was Paris and back, not far and the Boise de Boulogne campsite was a pleasure to visit.

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Don't buy Swift, they are rubbish. Leak like sieves.

Is what I've written for years, but this year you can guess what we bought ! Second hand, dry as a bone and the layout is perfect for us. But as I said, ten years ago the beds were falling apart, people were falling through holes in the floor. It looks like they got there act together.

You layout is very similar to ours but with two extra seat belts. It works very well. We think the main bed is too narrow. Yours is much brighter with the new white finish.

Now all you have to do is do it justice. Our first test run many years ago was Paris and back, not far and the Boise de Boulogne campsite was a pleasure to visit.

One of the viewings we had of the van it was chucking it down proper heavy rain all morning, inside the van was dry as a bone no leaks anywhere, we sat inside the van for nearly a hour making sure it ticked all our boxes not a drip to be seen not even from the over cab window (sun roof) or from the habitation AC unit that was fitted so as you say whatever problem Swift had with leaks they sorted. It does come with a 10 year water ingress warranty they must be confident it wont leak to give that.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
not a drip to be seen

People rarely see drips. What usually happens is a continual seepage into the timber frame. If hab checks are not made the first you know about is your foot goes through the floor or a stain appears on the roof/wall and by then it's too late. So make sure you comply with the terms of that 10 year warranty.

We would have given anything for hab aircon this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back