Actual vet charges for Animal Health Certificates across UK (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sounds a goodie - I may well be seeking him out re the pet passport. The only potential issue is that German vets seem to insist on re-vaccinating the dog before issuing the PP. My dog still has 2.5 years to go before she’s due a booster, and I don’t like her to have any more vaccinations than strictly necessary.
We carry the old pet passport with all the vaccinations AND the certificate confirming a positive result for the titre test..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My experience with vets has been consistent. City/town vets that predominantly treat pets = Horrendous-Prices
Country vets who predominantly treat farm animals + reasonable prices.

Of course that is experience gained from only half a dozen or so vets, so your mileage may vary.
I would concur with that Jim
Both the vets IN Thetford were twice the price of the one just a mile outside the town who is indeed a proper farm vet

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we came back through Germany albeit a few years ago and use a vets in Andel and was charged nothing, Just a small donation. Spoke very good english also

Must have been six years ago we used them,insisted on giving the wormer themselves and when the dog wouldn't co operate tried squirting water down her throat with a syringe to get her to swallow 😡totally traumatising her. Hence the move to Cristian Marks.👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
£106 for 15 minutes work nice if you can get it....
Daylight robbery.
If our dog was younger (14) then we would go down the EU vet passport route.
Don't let the age of the dog deter you ... if he/she is okay it would still be worthwhile - our Romy was just over 17 when she was put down, she was still travelling up until she was 16 and a half with at least 2 trips per year, one year it was 3!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ruddington Vets
2 Shaw Street
Ruddington
Nottingham
Tel 01159 212155
£54 quoted
We once used a vet in Holland for our return journey fir wormer and stamp, it was free, will look in my travel log for the name
Thanks for that. Have found them on the web as well, link below, so that’s another one bookmarked. (y)

https://ruddingtonvets.co.uk/

P

Poppy's dad

Deleted User
just a quick reminder that you will need all this paperwork should you want to travel to Ireland INCLUDING Northern Ireland!
I live in NI and I am currently arranging a passport so that I can take my dog to England in the summer and I will need an AHC to return to NI.
Bizarre that I can travel to England without restriction but need hundreds of pounds worth of paperwork to take my dog

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
just a quick reminder that you will need all this paperwork should you want to travel to Ireland INCLUDING Northern Ireland!
I live in NI and I am currently arranging a passport so that I can take my dog to England in the summer and I will need an AHC to return to NI.
Bizarre that I can travel to England without restriction but need hundreds of pounds worth of paperwork to take my dog
Have you looked into getting a PP in Eire instead? If so from what funsters have been looking and deciphered you might not need an AHC to return from mainland UK, just the worming.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
BUT !!!
Be warned !!!!
As lovely ( and cheap ! ) as they are, do check the vet has actually signed and stamped any paper work !!!!
Maureen did not check when we left... got to the chunnel and the twit had forgotten to stamp ours.. Had to go to ANOTHER vert in Calais and start again !!!!!!
A similar thing happened to us when we tried to board the ferry at Le Havre. The Montpellier vet had written the wrong time of day in the passport, so we were two hours early, and had to take a later ferry.

I just spoke with our local village vet who has yet to issue an AHC. The Certificate price is £54 which they download for free - plus consultation!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A similar thing happened to us when we tried to board the ferry at Le Havre. The Montpellier vet had written the wrong time of day in the passport, so we were two hours early, and had to take a later ferry.

I just spoke with our local village vet who has yet to issue an AHC. The Certificate price is £54 which they download for free - plus consultation!
so me being thick is that £54 + £30 ish.. for consultation so £84??

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
I was told about £80 when the dog had its MOT last week, but that was just an estimate as they had not seen the AHC forms. But the vet did say they wanted to see what the others local practices were asking so they could be competitive. The rabies jab if required would be on top of that.

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Interesting, thank you. Wonder if the other vets charging around the £50 mark for an AHC will also be adding a consultation charge? Something that we now know to clarify when asking for prices.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Just checked with our vet, Benson & Babb, Cirencester, and they have provisionally said that it could be £45 to complete the form, and then £35 per dog on top. So, around about £80 - but they did stress that this was a very approximate figure as they are still working through the legislation/form to see what the implications might be....
For our pack, it could be £45 plus 4x£35 - £185 all-in.........and the injections on top of that.:(

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi. I see this is your first post so welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

As Minxy Girl says, an Eire-issued EU pet passport might well simplify things considerably for you. If you have a spare half hour (it does ramble on a bit), check out this thread:

Could this be a workaround for the EU Pet Passport after 1 Jan 2021?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just checked with our vet, Benson & Babb, Cirencester, and they have provisionally said that it could be £45 to complete the form, and then £35 per dog on top. So, around about £80 - but they did stress that this was a very approximate figure as they are still working through the legislation/form to see what the implications might be....
For our pack, it could be £45 plus 4x£35 - £185 all-in.........and the injections on top of that.:(
Hi Andy. Benson & Babb were the vets I used for Nix’s booster vaccinations last summer. (y)

It certainly adds up if you have more than one dog. :Eeek:

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have you a reference stating the requirement for an AHC for the return journey? I haven’t seen a requirement for an Irish or mainland European dog to have an AHC to return home.

P

Poppy's dad

Deleted User
A RoI pet passport wouldnt make any difference
NI is still in the EU (for most purposes) so the paper work is the same both sides of the border, I dont need paperwork to go to Dublin but I do need it to get off the boat in Holyhead.
I am being guided by my vet and he says that I will need an AHC to re-enter the EU (ie Northern Ireland) and it doesnt matter whether I travel direct from Scotland or via Dublin.

I am posting as a guest so I wont have too many posts but I felt it important to let people know the situation in case they were contemplating a visit to NI in the summer

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
The AHC has to be completed 10 days before travelling to EU

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It has been confirmed that from 1 January 2021, Great Britain (GB) will be treated as a Part II listed country. This means that under the EU Pet Travel Regulation (EU) 576/2013 pet travel from GB to NI, including where a traveller is returning to NI from GB), will require an EU pet passport OR an EU Animal Health Certificate, rabies vaccination, a 21 day wait from the successful rabies vaccination and tapeworm treatment and entry to NI via a Travellers Point of Entry (TPE) at Belfast Port; Larne Port, Belfast International, Belfast City or City of Derry Airports.

On 1 January 2021 it is expected that a number of pet owners will be unable to comply with the EU Pet Travel Regulation, for movement of pets between GB and NI. For example, pet owners who have already travelled from NI to GB and intend to return following the Christmas period. Pets travelling from GB to NI will therefore not be subject to routine compliance checks until 1 February 2021. However, officials will reserve the right to undertake checks should there be a suspicion of illegal activity or welfare concerns.

Current EU pet passports issued in NI and GB up to 31 December 2020, will not be valid for travel to the EU (including NI) after the 31 December 2020. Interim measures have been put in place. If you are travelling in early 2021, you should contact your vet who will arrange to update your pet passport appropriately to allow travel. A new style UK (NI) branded EU Pet Passport will be available shortly and these will be distributed to veterinary practices in due course. A list of veterinary practice contacts can be accessed at the following link:-

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The AHC has to be completed 10 days before travelling to EU
That's not quite right as the maximum time you can have it done is 10 days before you travel to the EU so it can be done and you can travel much sooner than that.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I am being guided by my vet and he says that I will need an AHC to re-enter the EU (ie Northern Ireland) and it doesnt matter whether I travel direct from Scotland or via Dublin.
Unfortunately I think that we have to be wary of vet guidance on this subject at the moment. A lot of vets seem to be unaware of the intricacies of the new arrangements. We therefore need to do our own research so that we know if what we are being told is actually correct. :Smile:

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I think you are wrong about needing an AHC to return to NI from GB. Pet Passports issued in NI will be replaced by a NI EU one Which will be valid for returning. If you already have one, your vet will put a sticker on until the new passports are issued. You will need to get the worming done before returning. It might be a good idea to check out vets for doing that and make an appointment early on as vets here won’t be as used to doing it as those in Europe are. Not all vets can do it.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just asked the vet the same question.... it is for every visit.. So cost of passport, rabbis jab, then £120 AHC, £40 tunnel fee and then €40 for the worming tablet to come home....
thank goodness i only have one dog
Can a vicar do it or just a rabbi :LOL::LOL:

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Just got this from my enquiry to our vets in Uttoxeter.

The cost is £125.00 for the certificate and £50 per certificate for each subsequent pet after that.
Do they mean a separate cert. for each dog? I'm willing to bet that your vet doesn't know (or doesn't want you to know) that more than one dog can be documented on the one certificate...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back