Actual vet charges for Animal Health Certificates across UK (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Now that vets are beginning to announce their charges for issuing Animal Health Certificates, I thought it would be interesting to start doing a little online research. Most vets’ websites I’ve found are remarkably coy about what they intend to charge for an AHC, even those vets who happily list their prices for a range of other services.

Two vets whose websites do include prices for AHCs are worth commenting on:

1. Mansion Hill Vets, nr Banbury

They reckon that it will take them 45 minutes to complete an AHC, for which their charge is £124.

https://www.mansionhillvets.co.uk/2020/12/16/travel-to-the-eu-after-brexit/

2. St Anne’s Veterinary Group, Eastbourne

Hold the record so far for most expensive AHC at £136.06 for the first animal plus £91.43 for each subsequent animal on the same AHC.

https://stannesvets.co.uk/current-pricelist.html

In various other threads, a couple of Funsters have mentioned what their local vets propose to charge:

Jaws in Norfolk £50

weekenders in Leicestershire £54

Can I ask for the names and addresses (or websites) of these vets, please. :Smile:

If anyone else has details of or links to other vets with known charges for AHCs, please post them in this thread. It could become a useful resource for many pet owners. Thank you. (y)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Is this for a yearly AHC or does it need one for every visit?

With 2 dogs it could be expensive time you also pay the £40 per pet charge on the tunnel!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Is this for a yearly AHC or does it need one for every visit?

With 2 dogs it could be expensive time you also pay the £40 per pet charge on the tunnel!!
Just asked the vet the same question.... it is for every visit.. So cost of passport, rabbis jab, then £120 AHC, £40 tunnel fee and then €40 for the worming tablet to come home....
thank goodness i only have one dog

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Royal Vet College 'recommends' a fee of £106 per pet! I make no apologies for calling it legalised theft...

Yes, I’d seen that link before. It’s interesting to find out what individual vets are actually charging. I don’t believe in encouraging those who are out to profiteer.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just asked the vet the same question.... it is for every visit.. So cost of passport, rabbis jab, then £120 AHC, £40 tunnel fee and then €40 for the worming tablet to come home....
thank goodness i only have one dog
😳😳😳

Be interesting to see what my vet charges.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Yes, I’d seen that link before. It’s interesting to find out what individual vets are actually charging. I don’t believe in encouraging those who are out to profiteer.
that's all of them then. including the Royal Vet College for recommending a fee of £106 per pet!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
TBH the cost is irrelevant if you want to take a dog abroad as you must have the cert. I doubt any owners will travel miles out of their area to save a few quid at a cheaper vet.
1. For those of us who are fulltimers, we can go to a vet in whatever area we happen to be in.

2. You don’t have to necessarily ‘travel miles out of your area’ - vets within a few miles radius could be charging widely differing amounts.

3. If the cost is irrelevant to you, fine - pay as much as you like. To others tho’ the cost will be relevant, hence this thread.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ahhhh... weeelllllllllllllll.. It was beside a river... LOL!!
We got the info off a funster and just followed the GPS
I will try and find it for you
Is it Christian Marks, as per rb62 above?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
His English is excellent,his humour can be a bit risky 😀 he'd be the one to see about the feasibility of a EU passport for a UK dog.👍
Sounds a goodie - I may well be seeking him out re the pet passport. The only potential issue is that German vets seem to insist on re-vaccinating the dog before issuing the PP. My dog still has 2.5 years to go before she’s due a booster, and I don’t like her to have any more vaccinations than strictly necessary.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds a goodie - I may well be seeking him out re the pet passport. The only potential issue is that German vets seem to insist on re-vaccinating the dog before issuing the PP. My dog still has 2.5 years to go before she’s due a booster, and I don’t like her to have any more vaccinations than strictly necessary.
0356BFF6-D104-48D5-A591-2DA7EC71E720.jpeg

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Ruddington Vets
2 Shaw Street
Ruddington
Nottingham
Tel 01159 212155
£54 quoted
We once used a vet in Holland for our return journey fir wormer and stamp, it was free, will look in my travel log for the name

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Excellent! Thank you. (y)
BUT !!!
Be warned !!!!
As lovely ( and cheap ! ) as they are, do check the vet has actually signed and stamped any paper work !!!!
Maureen did not check when we left... got to the chunnel and the twit had forgotten to stamp ours.. Had to go to ANOTHER vert in Calais and start again !!!!!!

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
My dog was in for mot last week so I asked about the AHC cost. He wasn't sure as they had not seen the form yet but said that a horsey one which was very complicated was £70 so thought it should be a bit less than that.
Parkhill Vets Wetherby

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My experience with vets has been consistent. City/town vets that predominantly treat pets = Horrendous-Prices
Country vets who predominantly treat farm animals + reasonable prices.

Of course that is experience gained from only half a dozen or so vets, so your mileage may vary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back