A photo of the day thread (23 Viewers)

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Here's something you don't see very often!
20191027_132353.jpg

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
After three and a half years of getting into Campervaning, thought i ought to get the Van weighed. Always thought that we were well within the max limit, but..... well, nothing like getting it confirmed. So, with a full fresh water tank, three quarter tank of diesel, half full LPG tank, approx 20 litres in grey tank and half full Toilet cassette, plus all the normal stuff that one take away etc etc we headed to our local weighbridge. They couldn’t do individual axles for some reason, so was happy to get the overall weight.
Auto-trail V-Line 635SE rated at 3500.
F608127C-6137-4D17-9CD0-1769915A672D.jpeg

Better than i thought. Will look for a weighbridge to get the individual axles done at some point, but at least we know that we are within the overall weight limit?

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
After three and a half years of getting into Campervaning, thought i ought to get the Van weighed. Always thought that we were well within the max limit, but..... well, nothing like getting it confirmed. So, with a full fresh water tank, three quarter tank of diesel, half full LPG tank, approx 20 litres in grey tank and half full Toilet cassette, plus all the normal stuff that one take away etc etc we headed to our local weighbridge. They couldn’t do individual axles for some reason, so was happy to get the overall weight.
Auto-trail V-Line 635SE rated at 3500.View attachment 341991
Better than i thought. Will look for a weighbridge to get the individual axles done at some point, but at least we know that we are within the overall weight limit?
Mine is 3850kg on the weighbridge came in at 3700kg but the rear axel was 2040kg with a 2000kg axel limit. Not a great deal in the garage. Just goes to show a lot of people don’t take the axel weights into consideration when loading the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have been wanting to see this for as long as I can remember! It is every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be ? In case you don’t know about it, it is the Headington Shark.
View attachment 342770
At last!!! I’ve been asking you to visit it and take a photo every time you’ve been to Oxford - amazing!

Apr 20, 2015
Blenheim, New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a newbie
Currently in NZ and have seen a few of these, but not out on the beach like this View attachment 343184
Hope you are enjoying our lovely country. You should see a lot of seals on the Kaikoura coast. Further south on the beaches of The Catlins you will see seals on sandy beaches.

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016
Hope you are enjoying our lovely country. You should see a lot of seals on the Kaikoura coast. Further south on the beaches of The Catlins you will see seals on sandy beaches.

We are having a fantastic time, and have seen some amazing wildlife & scenery

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Are you here for the cricket? If so, I’ll probably see you in Nelson on Tuesday. Unfortunately, my Motorhomefun sticker hasn’t arrived yet, so you won’t be able to identify me. Glad you’re enjoying the Land of the Long White Cloud. Are you in a motorhome?

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016
Are you here for the cricket? If so, I’ll probably see you in Nelson on Tuesday. Unfortunately, my Motorhomefun sticker hasn’t arrived yet, so you won’t be able to identify me. Glad you’re enjoying the Land of the Long White Cloud. Are you in a motorhome?

No not for the cricket, we retired in June & I had a big birthday in October so we decided to have a month off & come visit NZ. Yes we have hired a motorhome (Maui, not very impressed but that's a different story). We are currently in Portobello, tomorrow we are going on the gorge train from Dunedin then winding our way up to Christchurch to hand back the MH before flying home via Singapore.

Even a month isn't enough to do it justice & we are hoping to come back soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back