October at it's very best.....

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hope this is not too rude for you but this plant fascinates me. My lovely lady reconds that it resembles a mans do dar, If you pla in you can see how the skin or pettle rolls back to expose the next row of bananas. Incredible feat of nature
View attachment 340552
Saw similar in St Lucia a few years back, main problem was they tended to grow their bananas inside Blue Plastic Bags to protect them from insects, apparently they were the small variety that were destined for our shelves in The UK as we prefer them.
I am now thinking they might have been having me on! were they Blue Insect Bags, or were they Condoms? Dont tell the misses:D2
Les

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Saw similar in St Lucia a few years back, main problem was they tended to grow their bananas inside Blue Plastic Bags to protect them from insects, apparently they were the small variety that were destined for our shelves in The UK as we prefer them.
I am now thinking they might have been having me on! were they Blue Insect Bags, or were they Condoms? Dont tell the misses:D2
Les
They also use the blue bags here but I thought it was to stop the top ripening before the full bunch was produced. This area of Cyprus is full of bananas, must be a good climate for them. I like the condom analogy.;):)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Many of you have no doubt watched Sun Sea and Brides to be on the tv. Many weddings pass here each day tooting and hooting. If you pan in you can see the happy couple stood at the front on their happy day.
20191022_145945.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Aaaaagh! Carlingford Lough, as mentioned in the shipping forecast that I listen to on my internet radio and dream of far away places I have yet to visit... and some that I have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back