A Great Weekend at Newark (1 Viewer)

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
we left Newark at 1.15pm today ,after a late night on the beer we needed to soba up a bit first ,thanks to John (Champers)for the wake up call at 6.45am thismorning but as we didnt go to bed until 3.45am we closed our eyes and went back to sleep ::bigsmile: we arrived home about 2.30pm I came in and put my feet up but poor Steve (Ash) had to go to work ::bigsmile:

what a fantastic weekend we had , it was lovely to catch up with old friends and meet new faces from the chat room , thanks to Pam , Nigel , Jim ,Sian ,Jock & Rita for making the first show weekend a good one
looking forward to seeing you all at Peterborough in a couple of weeks :thumb::thumb:[/QUOTe

ooops sorry from us ... thankyou to Pam Nigel, jim Sian , jock and Rita too applogise for not getting round to seeing everyone, couldnt roam far with little one being poorly xx:Smile:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
A Huge thank you to all who organised the weekend it was great at last to put faces to names, apologies for not making saturday night, had somthing to being in the wind all day and falling asleep :ROFLMAO: to every one we didn't meet note to self......must try harder at Peterborough, hopefully we will have water again by then, already looking forward to Peterborough see you all then.

All the best Rick and Rosie.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks to all for a great show our first for a couple of years.::bigsmile:

Especially Pam & Nigel , Jim & Sian & Jock & Rita for all their hard work.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We got the MH to storage ,gave it a clean, and got home about 3.30.

Thanks to Pamela and Nigel ,Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all the hard work and superb organisation.

We had a great time catching up with old friends and making new ones. Loved the games and Cheynne's show was spectacular!

Thank you too for the Welsh cakes, Samosas and delicious secret recipe cake- delicious.
All in all a great weekend.
Lucille

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Thank you funsters

i would like to say a big thank you:thanks2: to all of you for making our first meet so special
debbie sends her apologies :sorry2: for not being too sociable but she doesn't do crowds and 75 vans worth of funsters was quite daunting so she played safe.
it was so nice meeting all of you and putting names to faces although some of you were not how i had pictured in my mind. (not a bad thing in reality):Blush:

i would also like to give a big thank you to Steve (Ash) for fitting my gas bits at no notice and only charging me for a gas check (will supply some alcohol to you next time) top banana :thumb:

and finally before i forget:Doh: tommy-harry thank you for the bottle of coke it was a life saver you will be reimbursed next time we meet.
Alan (laneside) and Ken (munchie) thank you for the afternoon drinks:winky: and for giving such a warm welcome.
Scran i hope you got home without meeting the idiot that tried to take your rear end off again or if you didn't i hope you got him :thumb:

looking forward to the next time although i don't know when thats going to be soon i hope

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
All set to go to Newark to meet you all as the venue looked great, then a phone call and it all went pear shaped.

So whats at Peterborough in 3 weeks time I ask?

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Would just like to join in with all the others and say a very big thank you to the marshals and how nice it was to put more names to faces.
We are glad the connect four and 3 wheeled unicycle were a hit as were the big tub of sweets we offered(child hood in a bucket). Lynne says thank you for sharing your childhood memories with her whilst chomping on sweets..
Lynne would just like to appologise again for the offence caused by the wearing of said gory pj's on sat morning. Would have been ok if she had been wearing her badge though!!!

Thank you again and see you all again soon..

Cheyne, Lynne and chuckles

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks guys, at 5am this morning I forgot to mention the unicycle:Blush: and Katie is still eating lollypops after a raid on Lynnes sweet bucket::bigsmile: big thanks:thumb:

I have a picture of that 6ft 9' doorman sat on the unicycle::bigsmile:

Would just like to join in with all the others and say a very big thank you to the marshals and how nice it was to put more names to faces.
We are glad the connect four and 3 wheeled unicycle were a hit as were the big tub of sweets we offered(child hood in a bucket). Lynne says thank you for sharing your childhood memories with her whilst chomping on sweets..
Lynne would just like to appologise again for the offence caused by the wearing of said gory pj's on sat morning. Would have been ok if she had been wearing her badge though!!!

Thank you again and see you all again soon..

Cheyne, Lynne and chuckles

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
We too would like to say a big thanks to Nigel and Pamala, Jim and Sian, and Jock and Rita,We had a great weekend, as usual with funster meets. great to meet up with old and new friends.
Steve (scran) had a blow out a few miles from home.just wasn't his luckiest weekend
Bill and Chris:thumb::thumb:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
newark

just like to add our thanks to jim & sian,nigel & pamela and jock & rita,well done well organised weekend.nice to put faces to a few names i.e. Rick & Rosie (motoroamin) and john (pappajohn)and to see some people we hadnt,seen for a time.bill & shirley,mick & sheila,john roadrunner and snowbird dave.hope everyone arrived home safley:thumb:heres to the next time :winky:regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
and Good Night from me.........

it's all been said, We echo it all. Apologises for not turning out for the fun and frolics of an evening but sleep got the better of me! or was it the wine bottle? All the same still had a great time and once again putting more faces to names. As someone has already mentioned thou I was very disappointed with the trade stands. Very poor turn out from previous years.

Good job that wasn't the soul purpose of the weekend! All you's going to Peterborough hope you have a fab time and we will catch some of you up at Misterton.

Will have to dig out my shoulder pads thou, after all the stick I got from my neighbour!!!!!!!!! Yes Johnp10 you...:ROFLMAO:

love n hugs
Andrea & Jeff
x

oh and Jim don't forget that you've got to forget that I want my own thingy me jig! :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
we left Newark at 1.15pm today ,after a late night on the beer we needed to soba up a bit first ,thanks to John (Champers)for the wake up call at 6.45am thismorning but as we didnt go to bed until 3.45am we closed our eyes and went back to sleep ::bigsmile: we arrived home about 2.30pm I came in and put my feet up but poor Steve (Ash) had to go to work ::bigsmile:

what a fantastic weekend we had , it was lovely to catch up with old friends and meet new faces from the chat room , thanks to Pam , Nigel , Jim ,Sian ,Jock & Rita for making the first show weekend a good one
looking forward to seeing you all at Peterborough in a couple of weeks :thumb::thumb:

Would like also to say a huge Thank you to Jim, Sian, Pamala n Nigel and Jock n Rita for looking after us so well , not an easy task setting up 75 vans :thumb::thumb: and to Cheyne for his enjoyable fire display

We had a fab time, with the weather being dry and sunny mostly, lovely meeting up with old and making new friends::bigsmile: Lynne (BionicPixie loved your jammies)

There wasnt as many stall holders at Newark but we still managed to spend too much money::bigsmile:

Sorry if we didnt get around to say cheerio but think it must have been a dodgy Carvery meal in Newark yesterday lunchtime ( Scran we should've listened to that "Woman" you asked about where to go lolol) that made us retire early due to dicky tums etc

Lynne n Ash strange we heard that cockerel too when we departed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Really great organising from Pamela, Nigel aided by Jim, Sian, Jock & Rita. Great meet thanks all.

I think it's all been said.

Heh Cheyne and Miss Bionic PJ's ta for the chat and coffee:winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks to all for what turned out to be a great weekend,after a disastrous start.
Blew a break disk,then riped off the exhaust loading the bus onto a low loader.
From start to finish broke down 20 miles from Newark at 11am,organised low loader transport back to Cannock,located a break disk,got it fitted and then fabricated a complete exhaust and was on site at Newark at 10pm.
Many thanks to my old mate Dave RV at Cannock.:thumb:
Great to see old friends Pamala and Nigel again and RRs Saturday hangover was nothing to do with me,cos I wasnt there to keep an eye on him Friday night.:winky:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We echo all the thanks and statements above - It was a great weekend and just not enough time to get around to meet every one - it was great to meet up with all the friends we have met on the forum - one week end is just not enough time thats why we are going to about 10 meets this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If we met this time we are looking forward to next time if we did not meet then we will try harder next time.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Will have to dig out my shoulder pads thou, after all the stick I got from my neighbour!!!!!!!!! Yes Johnp10 you...:ROFLMAO:

Me? The soul of discretion? Noooooo.
Booked for Misterton - take your hard hat as well!
Enjoyed your company.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I've posted a few photos on the gallery site under Newark 2011.

It looks like a fun time was had by all.:thumb: Thanks for posting them

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Newark

Thanks Pam and Nigel for the Newark weekend:thumb: although we never got into the pavillion, (too cosy and warm with the wine and nibbles in our motorhome) :wine:
We enjoyed the chats walking around and being that little closer to the show displays was excellent.

Brilliantly organised which we are certain was noticed by most of the non funsters.

:thanks2:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
::bigsmile:We have completed our first Meet/rally and would just like to say a very big Thankyou to Jim n Sian,Jock n Rita and Pamela n Nigel and all the others who helped to make this Meet such an enjoyable outing.
Jinxia and Yingying's first experience of such a gathering,which they thoroughly enjoyed and yes me too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A long journey for us but well worth the effort,looking forward to our next Meet.

Steve,Jinxia and Yingying

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back