Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Hi, I'm new to motorhomes, I've had a caravan for 2 years and I'm changing it for an Autoquest 180 next month. I loved the caravan but hoping the motorhome will be easier for me as a single mum, with 2 kids and 1 mad dog::bigsmile: Will probably have lots of questions but the first ones are, is there anything I should keep from the caravan before I trade it in, eg. Do you use wheel clamps on the motorhomes?, should I keep the waste water container? Or anything else? Enjoyed reading the forums this week, everyone is very friendly, Alison:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Alison and welcome to the exciting world of the motorhome.

to be honest i would keep just about everything from the caravan as you probably wont get a better trade-in price by leaving it behind.

waste hog is a definite if you have the space to store it.....nothing worse than having to move, mid stay, to a dump point to empty the grey waste.

hookup lead/s...definitely keep.

gas bottles,...always a chance your new van may not have one included.

the wheel clamp may not be big enough for the larger motorhome tyres but keep it anyway...you'll get a few quid on ebay for it.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Alison, Take everything out of the caravan that you havn't sold. You can use the waste hog and water carriers, you'll want the hook up lead and any gas you have left, take the wheel clamp too, you probably won't need it with your motorhome, but you can always sell it to a tugger on eBay. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hi, we changed from a caravan to MH last year, wee kept everything from the caravan - transferred all the kitchen stuff & bedding etc. We kept the water barrels and wastemaster - never used them, they are too big to carry. Instead we have a watering can in case we have to top up the water, and a small bucket to empty the waste tank if needed, easier to walk back and to a few times rather than move the van.

We love the MH - very happy we changed. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Alison

Nice to see more Scottish members :ROFLMAO:, we are just down the road in Dumfries.

Like everyone has said I'd keep everything and after a few outings in the MH you will know what you need and what you can sell even if its only worth a few pounds better in your pocket.

Gerry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, think the questions have probably been answered already, hope all goes well with your change over.

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and a warm welcome.... :welcome:

As most have said keep every thing and sell it on if you dont need it...:thumb:

Dont throw away any bottles of Sweet White Wine out of your caravan.... :whatthe:

I`ll empty the contents and take the empty`s to the bottle bank for you... :winky::thumb::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the fun hen, I think its all been said but don't forget to check out the chatroom and the rallies calendar. Let the good times roll. :thumb::thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi Alison and welcome to the exciting world of the Funsters Madness and motorhomes

Enjoy life it's the best you can do.

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back