Now EE announces roaming charges (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Just a thought all these families that are going to have to pay a huge % more on their holiday because they are taking their phones with them. Have they thought of instead of being on their phones they could try talking to each other and seeing what the country that they are visiting is all about.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I won’t be going so makes no difference to me unless Scotland is included , of course I have no sympathy just as others are not bothered about me.
I'm pleased that we don't all live in your Ivory tower. Many peeps will be impacted by these changes.... Even you if Scotland becomes more popular because it is more difficult / expensive to travel to Europe.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Just a thought all these families that are going to have to pay a huge % more on their holiday because they are taking their phones with them. Have they thought of instead of being on their phones they could try talking to each other and seeing what the country that they are visiting is all about.
ITs not just people on holiday though is it for people who need to travel for work 25gb get burned up in a day or two of video calls and downloads so its another additional financial impact.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I'm going to monitor the situation over the next couple of months before I head back to Spain but my phone is dual-sim so I'll probably upgrade my Spanish sim to unlimited data and use one of my old UK PAYG sims abroad just to keep a British number. Mainly use WhatsApp to text and make calls anyway tbh. Thank you brexit, I'm sure one day I'll find a benefit to me from it...

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It will be EE's version of the 'essential' plan. You get really cheap calls and data, but it's UK only.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm going to monitor the situation over the next couple of months before I head back to Spain but my phone is dual-sim so I'll probably upgrade my Spanish sim to unlimited data and use one of my old UK PAYG sims abroad just to keep a British number. Mainly use WhatsApp to text and make calls anyway tbh. Thank you brexit, I'm sure one day I'll find a benefit to me from it...
Don't hold your breath.... I'm not.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Business people travelling abroad managed long before mobile phones and Internet.
Maybe, I have also watched the historic files from Columbo....no computers just a phone on a desk, thank goodness those days are over mobile communication means Business people can get business done whilst on the move at an airport or train / bus or even in the hotel

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If the profit margin is so tight £2 a day is to much may be time to call it a day

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Does anyone think that heading back 40 yrs into mobile oblivion is the best way for UK plc to progress? I'm just trying to work out whether I've entered a parallel universe where instead of moving forward in time, we're wobbling backwards.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Typically BT is just getting greedy again. Any excuse to shaft the punter.
Have I mentioned how much I hate BT and Open Reach?
So its a British company rather than an American one, Hate is a strong word without a national carrier in any country you wouldn't have an internet or should it just be given to the Americans to run and at least the profits stay in this country whilst its a UK business

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Does anyone think that heading back 40 yrs into mobile oblivion is the best way for UK plc to progress? I'm just trying to work out whether I've entered a parallel universe where instead of moving forward in time, we're wobbling backwards.
Of course we are going backwards, some of that was inevitable. It’s like the good old days of searching round for free WiFi or paying campsites a fortune to access theirs and turning roaming off on your phone.

Of course, you could write to your MP and ask they try and change the legislation, you could write to mine as they now ignore me.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We once had Concorde, I suspect flared jeans and wide collars will be all the rage soon

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If you can't see the bigger picture and the impact on others, may be time to call it a day.
And you’re so perfect that your way is the only way ? Funny old world people banging out kids and complaining that they cannot afford them and their phones. If it’s beyond someone budget perhaps they should leave it alone

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
And you’re so perfect that your way is the only way ? Funny old world people banging out kids and complaining that they cannot afford them and their phones. If it’s beyond someone budget perhaps they should leave it alone
I suggested if you don't see the impact, leave it alone. You've clearly stated that it doesn't impact you, you jump to peculiar conclusions and you've demonstrated that you don't see the impact on others... I'm guessing that there's little else you can add to this thread unless you want to continue sharing perspectives from your ivory tower.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
£2 a day for what will mostly be a luxury may effect usage. Of most people.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I suggested if you don't see the impact, leave it alone. You've clearly stated that it doesn't impact you, you jump to peculiar conclusions and you've demonstrated that you don't see the impact on others... I'm guessing that there's little else you can add to this thread unless you want to continue sharing perspectives from your ivory tower.
I did not know your in charge now of what people can post if you don’t like what they posted.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
It’s not strictly true though. The £2 daily charge is only for new customers and those upgrading.
For existing customers there’s no change in usage when travelling in the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back