Now EE announces roaming charges (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
This gives a better overview of the main networks

EE charging £2 per day OR £10 per Month - which is much more affordable in my view and gives the full contract data allowance, no mention of data capping at 25gb?

No mention of £10/month on EE's website or any other sites I could find with a quick look.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Nothing in life is free it’s paid for by someone. So maybe instead of Uk users subsidising free roaming, noe those actually using it will have to pay for it. I do realise that some thought everything thing was free when we was in the eu, but maybe they cannot see the bigger picture.
There's a bigger picture? I'd be interested in any detail you have.

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
Not a happy bunny! We started with Vodaphone back in the analogue era with a car bound house brick. Its advantage then was that when parked at Calais we could get into the UK mobile network. That disappeared when it all went digital. I suspect that within a very short period of time all providers will do the same to stop mass migration of customers. Just think how brassed off you would be if you moved to a new provider only too find within weeks that they were doing the same. Its a cartell! And of course EE is part of BT as are Plusnet. Both companies we moved to originally to get away from BT. We had become used to tethering our laptop to the phone in Spain to be able to watch UK terrestrial television. Will they stuff this as well?

Yours grumpy Clive

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
The limits EE have put on are perfectly fair and reasonable. The problem is that there's nothing to stop other providers and tariffs being unreasonable.
The way I read it is that the £2 will only apply to any day during which you make calls in or from a European country. They cannot possibly start charging you from the moment you cross the channel. So if you simply must make calls,then make them all on the same day and spread the £2.
Better still, have a holiday and leave the xxxxxx phone at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
When roaming charges reign’d we owned a flat near Cadiz, for about 10 years. I simply bought a sim in Spain for my UK mifi device. It was probably cheaper than £2 a day, but it was ten years back when we sold the flat, so don’t recall the costs now.
That might be a cheaper solution if all suppliers implement roaming charges.
I use Three. I have no usage charges in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Hong Kong and many more countries. Thats why I got it. I have not seen anything about Europe from them yet.

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
I would think most people in the position to afford a 180 day holiday can afford £2 a day
We shouldn't have to afford it.
The EU network operators aren't getting this money.
EE is keeping to invest in bla bla bla.
Investment in their services is the function of their shareholders not us.
This is profiteering so typical of BT (who now own them).
Perhaps our dear leader will pass a law similar to that of the EU to prevent this happening, or on the other hand he won't risk political donations to his party from these super wealthy companies.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Perhaps our dear leader will pass a law similar to that of the EU to prevent this happening, or on the other hand he won't risk political donations to his party from these super wealthy companies.
If you don’t like how a buisness is run why not start your own and show them how it should be done, I am sure you are an expert in these matters so no problem

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
You can also add that roaming charges cost the telephone companies far more than the customers contributed in fees but we, as customers won't get a reduction in our monthly fees.

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Let’s face it, they’re all greedy. It costs no more to them regardless of whether you're using the internet at home or in the EU. Any excuse to screw the users.
And yes, before anyone says it - I’m a cynical old b****r!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Everyone is the same if something is going in their favour it’s the best thing since sliced bread, if it’s going against them it’s a con and a rip off.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
It is dead simple. EE have changed or will change their contractual agreement regarding charges while roaming in the ee. If you don't like these changes then cancell your contract with ee and sign up with Vodafone who have NOT implemented any changes to date. I can only get a Vodafone signal where I live and have just secured a great mobile and data plan with them so move away from EE and you will find that they will soon change their eu charges or are you one of the ones that can"t be bothered to change energy supplier and pay through your nose. The choice is yours but don't grumble and groan if you don't do something about it.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Although when roaming charges were removed they probably saved even more. I think even after the new charges are introduced the cost will historically be pretty low.
Oh, so being ripped off now isn't so bad because we used to be ripped off in the past? SMH...

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
If someone can afford to supply all their kids with phones and take them abroad on holiday a small charge for roaming is not going to break them. Blimey you’re want the government to pay for their holiday next.
You are avoiding the fact that we are losing a benefit which we once enjoyed , and you can make excuses for as long as you like, but we are now being significantly disadvantaged because of political choices, to the benefit of greedy telecoms companies.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Yawn...gammon alert!
Like I said before if it’s going you’re way you think it’s wonderful if it’s not it’s terrible. Like a lot of people only interested in them selves and don’t care about anybody else.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It’s funny when a buisness has increased costs it’s hard done by , if they earn lots by paying less then they are great buisness men. If an employee has increased costs and the same income or want more for doing less they are lazy, soft and no good. Then there are those who expect those on these low wages to pay more tax to subsidise their chosen life style and try telling us it’s the bigger picture. Yea right.

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
They will be going on holiday with their pockets stuffed full of furlough cash and you honestly want me to feel sympathy for them. You must be used to some marvellous money trees where ever you live.
No, we do not all go with furlough money in our pockets. I have worked hard all my life to afford to do what I want in my retirement and roaming charges do make a big difference, particularly for my partner who still works and needs internet access at all times. I dont want your sympathy , because frankly I'm not interested in the views of someone who only cares about what directly impacts them . Do you imagine that you will get cheaper contracts as a result of telecoms companies making.more money? Because you won't, so all I see is someone being gleefull at others losing a benefit which was valuable to the majority of us who like to spend time out of this country. Not very edifying...

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
You are avoiding the fact that we are losing a benefit which we once enjoyed , and you can make excuses for as long as you like, but we are now being significantly disadvantaged because of political choices, to the benefit of greedy telecoms companies.
I don’t see it your way at all. When we were in the EU we were the same as all other EU members re roaming charges.
We’re not members now so will be the same as all other non members.
As I pointed out a while ago the charges are only for new contracts or those upgrading. Easy answer is stay on your present contract. I only use my phone sparingly either here or abroad. I don’t watch TV through it (or watch TV anyway really. We don’t go away to watch TV) just the odd bit of data for searching restaurants etc and for booking our tunnel for returning home. I’ve no intention of changing contract anytime soon so it won’t really bother me.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
There is obviously some very wealthy people on this forum now not interested in the lower paid people only what they want . I don’t take glee just some of the people on here are only interested in them selves not what others want

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
Like I said before if it’s going you’re way you think it’s wonderful if it’s not it’s terrible. Like a lot of people only interested in them selves and don’t care about anybody else.
You are the one who seems only interested in themselves. Tell me, how is this an advanrage to you? Do you imagine you will get cheaper contracts because we are forced to pay more? Because If you do, you are naive or wilfully daft. Tell me how us people who choose to travel abroad and used to benefit from no roaming charges disadvantaged you? It didnt, you clearly choose never to leave the UK, it doesnt affect you one way or the other. So what we see is someone who is maliciously delighted that some of us are being financially disadvantaged, along with all the other significant changes with how we choose to lead our lives. If you want to see someone who doesn't care about anyone else, take a look in the mirror.

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
There is obviously some very wealthy people on this forum now not interested in the lower paid people only what they want . I don’t take glee just some of the people on here are only interested in them selves not what others want
So why do you not want us to benefit from no roaming charges? Come on, I'm fascinated...

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It is dead simple. EE have changed or will change their contractual agreement regarding charges while roaming in the ee. If you don't like these changes then cancell your contract with ee and sign up with Vodafone who have NOT implemented any changes to date. I can only get a Vodafone signal where I live and have just secured a great mobile and data plan with them so move away from EE and you will find that they will soon change their eu charges or are you one of the ones that can"t be bothered to change energy supplier and pay through your nose. The choice is yours but don't grumble and groan if you don't do something about it.
For many folk EE is the only provider with a decent coverage where they live. Changing to Vodafone isn't an option.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
You previously wrote "I won’t be going so makes no difference to me unless Scotland is included , of course I have no sympathy just as others are not bothered about me."

I'm still not clear why this thread is of interest to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back