France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (2 Viewers)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
If I had to only Motorhome in the Uk I would sell up tomorrow. I feel guilty saying this but I can’t do with having to book and pay for sites in advance, we set off not having a clue where we are going to end up, we follow the sunshine ☀️
I'm the same I didn't buy my motorhome to tour the UK I bought it to tour Europe, the alps, and countries that actively encourage Motorhomes, not ones that go out their way to prevent you from visiting places. If the option to travel in Europe wasn't there, I wouldn't have one.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
No longer about Health this is politics pure and simple we were told after two jabs things would get easier, most of Europe is re-opening to travel and yet we are still being penalised.

Imho this is about control and keeping money in the UK during summer to help pay back into the coffers money from furlough and to hide the effects of the disaster the B word has also had on the economy make people stay in the UK and those that need to travel get ripped off with high costs of testing.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No longer about Health this is politics pure and simple we were told after two jabs things would get easier, most of Europe is re-opening to travel and yet we are still being penalised.

Imho this is about control and keeping money in the UK during summer to help pay back into the coffers money from furlough and to hide the effects of the disaster the B word has also had on the economy make people stay in the UK and those that need to travel get ripped off with high costs of testing.
Regrettably, I think you are right. I have been thinking the same thing - keep people in th UK to spend their money here.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Regrettably, I think you are right. I have been thinking the same thing - keep people in th UK to spend their money here.
Yeah, that's exactly how I see it as well. I was looking around at options in the UK as a plan B for touring Theme Parks and Coastal seaside towns. As far as I can see you cannot visit any of the big theme parks in the UK and stay overnight. If anyone knows different?
Also as much as I enjoy having weekends away to rural campsites I use these only because I know we are effectively stuck in that one location for the 2 days we are visiting. There is not enough infrastructure in the UK that allows Motorhomes to visit towns, villages, and attractions in a safe environment and stay overnight. Sadly it will always be like this because local authorities are too scared of the travelling community that they won't allow other genuine visitors.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yeah, that's exactly how I see it as well. I was looking around at options in the UK as a plan B for touring Theme Parks and Coastal seaside towns. As far as I can see you cannot visit any of the big theme parks in the UK and stay overnight. If anyone knows different?
Also as much as I enjoy having weekends away to rural campsites I use these only because I know we are effectively stuck in that one location for the 2 days we are visiting. There is not enough infrastructure in the UK that allows Motorhomes to visit towns, villages, and attractions in a safe environment and stay overnight. Sadly it will always be like this because local authorities are too scared of the travelling community that they won't allow other genuine visitors.
A scooter is the perfect solution. You can't always park a car in a town's overflowing car parks. You might get a half hour space on a road (with no return in 4 hours🙄) and if you can it's often expensive. The scooter can park anywhere where it's not in the way and it's just ignored 🛵😍

No queues for the scooter either. We go straight down the middle to the front 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
A scooter is the perfect solution. You can't always park a car in a town's overflowing car parks. You might get a half hour space on a road (with no return in 4 hours🙄) and if you can it's often expensive. The scooter can park anywhere where it's not in the way and it's just ignored 🛵😍

Do they come with a trailer for my Whippet?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I love scootering but you can't rely on it especially in UK

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
SWMBO would never trust me enough to be on the back of a scooter Was driving.
Yeah some people are petrified of bikes. Understandable. I used to be scared of my own stupidly fast one 🤣
Your're alright once you're on it though.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

What is this disaster caused by the B word? Having noticed any disaster other than Covid.BUSBY.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is what's winding me up, many big events are being restricted due to Boris delaying the release for another month, race day at the british superbikes and touring cars is limited to 4000 , these are events where people arrive in their car , stand or sit outside all day then leave in their car.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 15-38-12 Event guide London Getting to the stadium UEFA EURO 2020.png

So Wembley will be 75% full for the final, 60,000+ people , and how will all those people be getting there , public transport crammed in like sardines going and coming back.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Do they come with a trailer for my Whippet?
French Dog Basket for lady cyclists' handlebar? Some minor adaptations might be required ... 'Whippet? Monsieur, we French would never steal a dog .... Even an English one ....' :dance2: :LOL:

Steve

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
This is what's winding me up, many big events are being restricted due to Boris delaying the release for another month, race day at the british superbikes and touring cars is limited to 4000 , these are events where people arrive in their car , stand or sit outside all day then leave in their car.

View attachment 509584

So Wembley will be 75% full for the final, 60,000+ people , and how will all those people be getting there , public transport crammed in like sardines going and coming back.
Plus over 1000 VIP s,(hangers on ) from EUFA from all over Europe with no need for quarantine. Think EUFA threatened to move semi and final to mainland Europe if we didn't agree. BUSBY.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I'm the same I didn't buy my motorhome to tour the UK I bought it to tour Europe, the alps, and countries that actively encourage Motorhomes, not ones that go out their way to prevent you from visiting places. If the option to travel in Europe wasn't there, I wouldn't have one.
We are not anglophiles, partly for the reasons you suggest. But also, part of the issues in the UK is that motorhomes behave differently to our Continental counterparts.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Plus over 1000 VIP s,(hangers on ) from EUFA from all over Europe with no need for quarantine. Think EUFA threatened to move semi and final to mainland Europe if we didn't agree. BUSBY.
Money talks

Wimbledon and Goodwood going ahead as 'pilot events'
Posh people like tennis and the atmosphere of Goodwood that's why

We're all equal but some are more equal than others

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Money talks

Wimbledon and Goodwood going ahead as 'pilot events'
Posh people like tennis and the atmosphere of Goodwood that's why

We're all equal but some are more equal than others
The football isn't for posh people.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Not good news coming out of Germany today.
Merkel wants the EU block to quarantine all UK tourists and if she gets her way that'll be it for this year. This whole saga is now wearing me down and I'm close to cancelling my euro tunnel trip on the 31st July.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012

My Vespa 125 + large shopping box. Ideal! Anyone notice the wing mirror attachment thingy?

DSC00713.JPG

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Not good news coming out of Germany today.
Merkel wants the EU block to quarantine all UK tourists and if she gets her way that'll be it for this year. This whole saga is now wearing me down and I'm close to cancelling my euro tunnel trip on the 31st July.
Spain won't do it, they are desperate for tourists.BUSBY.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Drayton Manor Tamworth has a touring site .

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
140,000 to be allowed into silverstone for the British F1 Grand Prix 16,17,18 July.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back