France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I agree 100% with Busby, we also went to france last year when the advice was not to go, aires and sites were empty, the few people we saw were very respectful of social distancing etc, we had a wonderful time, as i understand it france is on the amber list at the moment, i would prefer green, but amber will do.
I thought you could enter france now, as in they dropped the "compelling" reason to go??
I have a very compelling reason to go,,I need sunshine,,
I agree 100% with Busby, we also went to france last year when the advice was not to go, aires and sites were empty, the few people we saw were very respectful of social distancing etc, we had a wonderful time, as i understand it france is on the amber list at the moment, i would prefer green, but amber will do.
I thought you could enter france now, as in they dropped the "compelling" reason to go??
I have a very compelling reason to go,,I need sunshine..šŸ˜€ BUSBY.

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
We can go to france after the 17th may, but two pcr tests are required and self isolation for 7 days at the moment, pcr tests aren't much of a problem but 7 days isolation is, my guess is that will change after the 17th.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I have a very compelling reason to go,,I need sunshine,,

I have a very compelling reason to go,,I need sunshine..šŸ˜€ BUSBY.
Isn't that why most of us go?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
especially as they are supposed to have a negative test before travelling to England,
Did you see the report from the day2 & 8 laboratories stating that of the 20,000 enetering the country every day 2,6 % of those negatively tested came back as positive.?
his should also apply to footballers going to Turkey for the Champions League final, they should not be allowed to go (or come back)
They shouldn't be allowed to return without the hotel confinement I agree.
Can't see the match being played elsewhere unless fifa sanction it?

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Did you see the report from the day2 & 8 laboratories stating that of the 20,000 enetering the country every day 2,6 % of those negatively tested came back as positive.?
If it was up to me the red list should be no entry to the country at all

They shouldn't be allowed to return without the hotel confinement I agree.
Can't see the match being played elsewhere unless fifa sanction it?
UEFA sanctioned some of the earlier qualifying rounds to be played at neutral grounds because of covid restrictions (I think it was English v German teams) so there should be no problem with the final, especially as UEFA want fans to attend, like they do for the Euros this year, one game that has already moved from Dublin to Wembley because of that reason

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We can go to france after the 17th may, but two pcr tests are required and self isolation for 7 days at the moment, pcr tests aren't much of a problem but 7 days isolation is, my guess is that will change after the 17th.
9th of June as long as data says yes . I think I posted the latest update on another thread
6A41A775-8779-449F-AC76-2DA371CDF754.png

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
138go. I love the donkey sanctuary at sidmouth, its one of my favourite places, we stay at oakdown which is a lovely site and is on the bus route to lyme regis and exeter ,you can just walk along to the donkey sanctuary ( now im motorhomeless we stay at the bedford hotel on the sea front ..lovely )

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
That would make a lot more sense, especially as they can't have fans anyway.
20000 allowed for FA Cup final on May 17 so if they did all agree to put Champions League final on at Wembley I guess some crowd would be allowed.
My money is on Porto for the final

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Perhaps the person I was replying to didnt want to be a lemming and own a smart phone. (y)
It's not being a lemming though is it...A smart phone does away with the need for guide books,site books,a lap top, a radio, a pedometer, a Sat nav ,sattelite dish,etc etc..It's better than a Swiss Army Knife and I am a bit if a Luddite.BUSBY.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
You can get a decent smart phone for about 100 quid..BUSBY,

šŸ˜Ž
You can get a decent smart phone for about 100 quid..BUSBY,,
A new IPhone SE is Ā£399 Iā€™m sure you could get one cheaper from one of the 2nd hand stores one thing often overlooked about apple products is that you get updates for at least 5 years some of the cheaper ones itā€™s only 2 years from launch date (Which picked up on this when they review phones) so that Ā£100 one may not be that cheap in the long run. But each to their own I guess

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Apparently Tokyo's available.
Always had a yen for Japan ... Just need several thousand more to afford the holiday ... :ROFLMAO:

My claim to fame [this IS true, honestly!], is organising a 7 hour minibus tour from Yokohama for English, Australian, Kiwi & American passengers with a Japanese Taxi Company, whose drivers spoke no English! It was a great success, albeit a little unnerving as I sat in the passenger seat alongside the driver, each of us tapping furiously away at Google Translate, whilst the driver was also driving ...

The Benny Hill Japanese character had a catchphrase 'Ahso, the audience is crapping', but in my case, there was no play on words; I damn nearly was crapping myself ... :oops:

Steve

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It's not being a lemming though is it...A smart phone does away with the need for guide books,site books,a lap top, a radio, a pedometer, a Sat nav ,sattelite dish,etc etc..It's better than a Swiss Army Knife and I am a bit if a Luddite.BUSBY.
I have a smart phone. I still take and use all of the above also.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
138go. I love the donkey sanctuary at sidmouth, its one of my favourite places, we stay at oakdown which is a lovely site and is on the bus route to lyme regis and exeter ,you can just walk along to the donkey sanctuary ( now im motorhomeless we stay at the bedford hotel on the sea front ..lovely )
That's the Donkey Sanctuary we go to. Apart from loving the donkeys, the cafe there is great! A real bonus is the free parking and entry.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I couldnt agree more. Perhaps my response was somewhat aimed at a previous post within the thread

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
With France not being on the green list it is going to be a fight for sky high prices on the biscay crossings.
A lot of Spanish crossings are full. I would have thought BF may have put on more sailings?.

Not sure how it all works, plans, schedules, timetables.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Confirmed this morning on LBC by a certain member of cabinet that France will not be on the Green list anytime soon. Oh and the caveat to having 2 jabs and going to an amber list country will be that you have to get tested every day up to the 10 day quarantine period. So no quarantine but 10 days of lateral flow tests. I'm so glad they are making it easy for all of us to travel

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Confirmed this morning on LBC by a certain member of cabinet that France will not be on the Green list anytime soon. Oh and the caveat to having 2 jabs and going to an amber list country will be that you have to get tested every day up to the 10 day quarantine period. So no quarantine but 10 days of lateral flow tests. I'm so glad they are making it easy for all of us to travel
LFT is easy. We have so many cases in school now I am doing mine daily as a precaution.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm absolutely not complaining because we knew and accepted the rules . But cant help finding it ironic that if we were to return to the UK right now we would be having tests and quarantining whilst coming from a statistically safer country (Spain)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Go on the NHS app. NOT the covid one !!
You can then log in and access your vaccinations data...
And show whoever wants to know.
Seeemples. šŸ’‹
Mitch
Only in England
NHS Wales doesnā€™t offer an equivalent so if we want to travel - which we hope to at the end of August - we have to apply by email for a Certificate to travel which will then be posted to us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back