France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Does anyone on here only holiday on the uk?
I feel disloyal saying this, but we did not buy the MH to tour Britain, although it looks like we may be forced into it this year...and possibly next! Spain and France certainly aren’t making moves to indicate we can go, and even of they say we can , Johnson will probably keep them on the red list.

How do you, who do the Uk, feel about my reluctance to cope with our motorways, the British weather and crowded camp sites?

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Personally I think this lemming like behavior to get in to Europe at the first possible moment ridiculous and selfish
Why not sit back a few months and see what happens when the Europeans start moving around
Why give up our island protection
Just remember we are one vaccination beating mutation away from being back in lock down
Are you on SAGE?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I feel disloyal saying this, but we did not buy the MH to tour Britain, although it looks like we may be forced into it this year...and possibly next! Spain and France certainly aren’t making moves to indicate we can go, and even of they say we can , Johnson will probably keep them on the red list.

How do you, who do the Uk, feel about my reluctance to cope with our motorways, the British weather and crowded camp sites?
Me! I agree with your sentiments but a holiday is meant to be relaxing and the thought of travelling abroad with a dog fills me with dread. Therefore I stick with what I know and understand, and enjoy the best bits of it 😀

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Oh !! ,,,SO ,,,My mobile does'nt have the facility to download 'apps' ,so how can i show anybody any details ?? !!
My guess is for those who do not have a mobile that cannot download apps is buy a new mobile, the Apple SE is a reasonable phone at a reasonable cost.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Sorted then,,ferry to The Falkland Isles for a month..BUSBY.
It’s winter at the moment, maybe a December trip.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I completely agree, we started motorhoming when we discovered Aires.

Macron has been quoted recently as planning to let us in from 9th June so tunnel currently booked for 10th 😁. Imo Spain will be open before then.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Normally hardly use the van in the UK I don't feel comfortable in the van in the UK. Too difficult to get anywhere, can't stop off in towns to have a look round on a trip, not keen on sites.
As we didn't get a winter trip this year doing a bit in the UK this Summer a few Fun rallys and a couple of THS. Hopefully get back across the water in September..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Spain and France certainly aren’t making moves to indicate we can go, and even of they say we can , Johnson will probably keep them on the red list.

Macron has been quoted recently as planning to let us in from 9th June so tunnel currently booked for 10th 😁. Imo Spain will be open before then.
Yes but if you noticed in the speech the other day, & stated in the reports, you can return from "green" countries without quarantine or tests but from "amber" & "red" countries "travel for 'leisure' reasons is not permitted"
The transport secretary tweeted: “To protect public health we DO NOT recommend travel for leisure to countries outside of the Green List.”

That would be holidays then ?

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We bought our van specifically to travel into Europe last year but wild horses wouldn’t drag us across the channel until all Countries have much Better COVID suppression’s.
There’s plenty to see in the UK, we’ve got tons of trips booked to places we might not have visited. We just need to be a bit more patient, and it’s a great boost for our economy which I would rather support this year.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

Hi Sue, we’ve always had holidays here and in France and Spain. We’ve enjoyed both types of holidays. We’re in the C&MHC and we use some of the club sites and some of the CLs. These sites are never what I would call crowded, as numbers are controlled. The CLs have five pitches and many are farm sites. We love some of these sites, as they are often off the beaten track.

There is more traffic on our roads, there’s nothing you can do about it! In the UK, we simply don’t travel around as much, during times like bank holidays etc.

We do have some nice weather here and we just make the most of it. We find other things to do on those not so great days. We’re in the National Trust, so we can have a good day out at one of their places. We tuck ourselves into a country pub, for a drink or a pub meal on a rainy afternoon, using pub stops.

We love country shows, even in wellies and raincoats. We’ve been to museums like the Dartmoor Prison one, creepy but interesting. We always go to the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon.

We do avoid places that are going to be busy, during the summer. Instead we choose those places to go, which are off the beaten track.

I hope this helps.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes but if you noticed in the speech the other day, & stated in the reports, you can return from "green" countries without quarantine or tests but from "amber" & "red" countries "travel for 'leisure' reasons is not permitted"
The transport secretary tweeted: “To protect public health we DO NOT recommend travel for leisure to countries outside of the Green List.”

The word was recommend,,,they did not recommend it last year when i and many others went to France and Spain..Biggest threat until a couple of weeks ago were the thousands of Asians travelling to and from the Indian sub continent from the UK. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We bought our van specifically to travel into Europe last year but wild horses wouldn’t drag us across the channel until all Countries have much Better COVID suppression’s.
There’s plenty to see in the UK, we’ve got tons of trips booked to places we might not have visited. We just need to be a bit more patient, and it’s a great boost for our economy which I would rather support this year.
We felt so much safer in France and Spain last year mainly because it is so easy to find space and isolation..Aires and sites were virtually empty,,,every one wore masks in Spain even outdoors....We travelled 800 miles without meeting another person,,Sister in law went to Cornwall at the same time and could not find a parking space in Newquay,,,,,Everyone to their own.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
My guess is for those who do not have a mobile that cannot download apps is buy a new mobile, the Apple SE is a reasonable phone at a reasonable cost.
You can get a decent smart phone for about 100 quid..BUSBY,,

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

If we manage to escape, no plans to comeme back untill after France goes green

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I wouldn’t bother getting another van if I was restricted to uk…. Probably a tent or caravan but then I’d just stay home…🤔

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
We felt so much safer in France and Spain last year mainly because it is so easy to find space and isolation..Aires and sites were virtually empty,,,every one wore masks in Spain even outdoors....We travelled 800 miles without meeting another person,,Sister in law went to Cornwall at the same time and could not find a parking space in Newquay,,,,,Everyone to their own.BUSBY.
I agree 100% with Busby, we also went to france last year when the advice was not to go, aires and sites were empty, the few people we saw were very respectful of social distancing etc, we had a wonderful time, as i understand it france is on the amber list at the moment, i would prefer green, but amber will do.
I thought you could enter france now, as in they dropped the "compelling" reason to go??

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I agree 100% with Busby, we also went to france last year when the advice was not to go, aires and sites were empty, the few people we saw were very respectful of social distancing etc, we had a wonderful time, as i understand it france is on the amber list at the moment, i would prefer green, but amber will do.
I thought you could enter france now, as in they dropped the "compelling" reason to go??
Yes France dropped the need to explain why you are there, but they do still have the requirement for a PCR Test before entering and the need to Self Isolate for 7 days. Not sure 'where' you need to isolate and if you can travel whilst doing so? Also second PCR Test at the end of the isolation period.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years

If I had to only Motorhome in the Uk I would sell up tomorrow. I feel guilty saying this but I can’t do with having to book and pay for sites in advance, we set off not having a clue where we are going to end up, we follow the sunshine ☀️

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Yes France dropped the need to explain why you are there, but they do still have the requirement for a PCR Test before entering and the need to Self Isolate for 7 days. Not sure 'where' you need to isolate and if you can travel whilst doing so? Also second PCR Test at the end of the isolation period.
Hopefully that will change, given our covid levels and level of vaccination.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Biggest threat until a couple of weeks ago were the thousands of Asians travelling to and from the Indian sub continent from the UK.
Then they allow those with "diplomatic privilege" who supposedly tested negative to forego the 10 day hotel quarantine, then find after they have been around everyone that they are infected?
Defies belief . If they are red list ,they are red list. They don't become uninfectable just because they are politicians.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...g7-in-london-forced-to-self-isolate-for-covid

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Then they allow those with "diplomatic privilege" who supposedly tested negative to forego the 10 day hotel quarantine, then find after they have been around everyone that they are infected?
Defies belief . If they are red list ,they are red list. They don't become uninfectable just because they are politicians.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...g7-in-london-forced-to-self-isolate-for-covid
I must admit, I was amazed when I heard that some of the Indian envoy had tested positive especially as they are supposed to have a negative test before travelling to England, but like you say, the red list should mean red list, no matter who you are.

This should also apply to footballers going to Turkey for the Champions League final, they should not be allowed to go (or come back)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Think that is why our Asian communities are struggling to contain Covid in the UK.Leicester is improving but long way to go yet..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I must admit, I was amazed when I heard that some of the Indian envoy had tested positive especially as they are supposed to have a negative test before travelling to England, but like you say, the red list should mean red list, no matter who you are.

This should also apply to footballers going to Turkey for the Champions League final, they should not be allowed to go (or come back)
They are not going..BUSBY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back