France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Understand everyone’s frustrations towards travel abroad. I for one wouldn’t want to travel at all abroad until late next year. All to much hassle for us. We have been really enjoying trips away around the U.K. and will continue until everything’s calmed down. Prices and all. All the best everyone

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We do either the tunnel or Dover to Calais ferry. The problem is France, not Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
The football isn't for posh people.
Football is still capacity restricted and now I read Ascot went ahead with 12,000 tickets per day as part of the test program

So 4,000 allowed into oulton park on Monday but 12,000 is ok for horse racing

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Football is still capacity restricted and now I read Ascot went ahead with 12,000 tickets per day as part of the test program

So 4,000 allowed into oulton park on Monday but 12,000 is ok for horse racing
Guess that depends upon the venue’s ability to distance, provide adequate facilities and other factors.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
I use Dunkirk> Dover & the dog goes to sleep on the drivers seat for 90 minutes.
It's France that's the problem..we've only had one jab and then the bloody test ..plus if Germany pushes France into a quarantine for Brits ..
We only live half hour from Dover so normally take this route , and there's no dog cabins on the UK to Spain routes left..
There must be so loads of people who wants to see more dog cabins or kennals.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Guess that depends upon the venue’s ability to distance, provide adequate facilities and other factors.
have you even been horse racing , whenever I've been it's drunks jumping up and down hugging each other when their horse wins , also with horse racing people tend to congregate around the finish line where the stands and bars are unlike a racing circuit where people spread out all the way round it

This is about keeping rich people happy, like Cheltenham was at the start of the pandemic, I wonder how many lives that fiasco cost.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Not good news coming out of Germany today.
Merkel wants the EU block to quarantine all UK tourists and if she gets her way that'll be it for this year. This whole saga is now wearing me down and I'm close to cancelling my euro tunnel trip on the 31st July.
Agree. I'm heading towards being willing to break the rules and laws if this continues much longer. I can't be the only one feeling like this.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We re in Portugal in the motorhome, we came here legally and could still come here legally ( like most on this forum) people are still friendly, weather is great and prices are very reasonable. Struggling to understand why so many people are queuing to get to Cornwall.

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We re in Portugal in the motorhome, we came here legally and could still come here legally ( like most on this forum) people are still friendly, weather is great and prices are very reasonable. Struggling to understand why so many people are queuing to get to Cornwall.
How did you get there? I don’t think france is letting us in is it? Spain also... I’m confused by the constantly shifting goal posts

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
How did you get there? I don’t think france is letting us in is it? Spain also... I’m confused by the constantly shifting goal posts
France of you have had 2 jabs is ok. As long as you have a pcr neg test before going...spain the same.i believe ?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Plymouth Santander 3 weeks ago. No tests, didn't ask to see vaccination record and not at all interested in the contents of our fridge.

ironically we would need to have tests and isolate to return to UK atm but hoping things will have changed again by the time we are ready.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Or a negative Antigen test within 48hrs of departure. A dam sight cheaper and free if you use a NHS free walk in test station with the results txt to you.
You can't use the free NHS ones, AFAIK.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You can't use the free NHS ones, AFAIK.
Although the UK Gov website states NHS testing should not be used for travelling it does not mandate that it can't be used. I suspect this was first adopted to free up UK PCR labority testing capacity and they have not updated it since. The French Gov website makes no reference to NHS testing not being acceptable. It just adks for a PCR or antigen test depending on vaccination status.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Some would argue that using the NHS for a freebie, just so you can go on holiday, isn't right.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
NHS isn't free..Paid national insurance and tax for years to pay for it..BUSBY.
I didn't say the NHS is free, we've all paid for it but services are stretched to breaking point. Quite simply, we can't expect the NHS to pay for everything, so is paying for your test so you can go on holiday right?

More on here^

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The NHS have been offering free testing in the car park of my College this week and last week. I haven't seen them with more than one or two people being tested in all the time they have been there. If I were to go and have a test and have result of my test on my phone what difference does it make to anyone what I use that result for?
Bearing in mind the testing staff are sat around for over 90% of the time testing nobody as there is nobody to test.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I didn't say the NHS is free, we've all paid for it but services are stretched to breaking point. Quite simply, we can't expect the NHS to pay for everything, so is paying for your test so you can go on holiday right?

More on here^
Free? It cost all of us a fortune, something like £5k pa for every taxpayer. But thats another story.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

More on here^
The free walk in test station I use has been going for several months now. Its a car park at a local sports centre quite close to where I live. I spoke to the security guard today after waking him from his power nap in his car and he told me the test station would be there until at least the 19th July as he was assigned to provide security when it was closed. They now get less than 10 people a day coming in. I used it once over a week ago and I was the first visitor of the day. The staff were clearly bored stiff and told me they were getting very few people in? Hardly a drain on NHS services I would say. Also, as far as I could see the test station was complete and required no other NHS resources to complete the test and send/record results, as they walked me through the Covid 19 App on my phone and this is how they identify me when doing the test. I'm of the view if the Gov. was going to forbid people from using this service for travelling they would mandate this on there website rather than recommending it should not be used.if they say it must not be used that's fair enough but they don't.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Yes, clearly the NHS isn't free, although when it was originally set up in 1948 the ethos of it was that services should be free for all, at the point of use. It was thought back then, that the NHS would be so successful that everyone would enjoy better health and services would be needed less, rather than more. As we all know the NHS is pretty much a victim of its own success. Medical technology has advanced, beyond any expectation and we all want treatments that we see are available as we have PAID FOR IT! Unfortunately, the purse of the NHS is not bottomless and I think we should remember that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back