FRANCE ON THE CARDS (2 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I'm aiming to go on the 20th June now. Was meant to be this week but got caught out by the last rule change. Lets hope the rules don't change before then!
We are booked for 17th June and fingers and everything else are crossed . We have a Boots PCR test booked fir the 15th just to make sure we are good to go. You can have a ‘fit to fly‘ negative antigen test with them as well but only at limited stores .

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Do you need another test to cross into Spain?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Picked up 4 boxes of LFTs at a Vovid station yesterday. They say antigen on them. That suggests they meet criteria.
If they are free, then they are no good i'm afraid
copied from eurotunnel website,

A negative COVID test (B)

Customers aged 11 and older travelling on our passenger service require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken in the previous 48 hours. At French border controls you will need to present digital or paper evidence of the negative result provided by the test provider.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Spain have said that we don't need to present a test
does that follow from going from france into spain?

As opposed to say a ferry crossing from uk to spain?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
As we all know the insurance companies will do their best to wriggle out of anything and I'm sure I read that for most companies insurance is not valid if you are visiting a country that the Government has declared as inadvisable. That means amber to me, so I think a call to the insurance company before booking would be advisable and if you get a positive result make sure you ask the person their name and note it down.

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
We are hoping to travel on the 17 July not sure what the restrictions will be then the question is about isolating in France do you have to isolate in one place as we are in a Motorhome can you isolate anywhere in France as long as you are in your van?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
We are hoping to travel on the 17 July not sure what the restrictions will be then the question is about isolating in France do you have to isolate in one place as we are in a Motorhome can you isolate anywhere in France as long as you are in your van?
You do not need to isolate in france from the 9th june, provided that, you are double vaccinated, with at least 2 weeks since your last vaccination, present a negative PCR test, or an antigen test.
Current from 9th june, assuming nothing changes.
See post 58.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
If they are free, then they are no good i'm afraid
copied from eurotunnel website,

A negative COVID test (B)

Customers aged 11 and older travelling on our passenger service require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken in the previous 48 hours. At French border controls you will need to present digital or paper evidence of the negative result provided by the test provider.
I just read that too.
I wonder why.
Either the NHS are supplying lower accuracy tests OR the government not wanting to subsidise travel OR they want to make it harder for people to access tests. Hmm.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I just read that too.
I wonder why.
Either the NHS are supplying lower accuracy tests OR the government not wanting to subsidise travel OR they want to make it harder for people to access tests. Hmm.
I don't know, but then i trust the government about as far as i can throw a ton of concrete.
Seems money orientated to me.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I just read that too.
I wonder why.
Its a nonsense isnt it. Its either a valid test or its not, whats money got to do with it?

tbc I'm thinking we agree.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Agreed, i believe the tests are the same (antigen), but one you pay for, one you don't, i cannot see the free one being any less accurate.
I don't see what paying for it has to do with anything either, and it takes some digging to find out actually what is required.
And while we are on the subject, i think that the fees some people charge is daylight robbery, profiteering nothing more.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
This is good news, July for us then ,
the testing thing is frustrating as I have boxes of LFT tests kicking around but will end up paying Boots for one:
I spoke to AA insurance on Friday not knowing about the 9th June changes , I was asking about the green card , they never mentioned anything regarding nil insurance for Amber countries .

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
the testing thing is frustrating as I have boxes of LFT tests kicking around but will end up paying Boots for one:
I spoke to AA insurance on Friday not knowing about the 9th June changes , I was asking about the green card , they never mentioned anything regarding nil insurance for Amber countries .
Assuming nothing changes, i can foresee a #ock wagging competition between johnson and macron looming.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Did you ask specifically? I have emailed my insurer with a direct question as to whether or not my insurance is valid for travel to amber countries where the govt advice is not to. I will post the reply when received.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We'd be off to France like a shot, if we didn't have commitments for the next couple of months. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll still be allowed to go at the end of August 🤞. Good luck to all of you who make it across in the next few weeks. I think you need to seize the moment, before things change again.:giggle:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We'd be off to France like a shot, if we didn't have commitments for the next couple of months. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll still be allowed to go at the end of August 🤞. Good luck to all of you who make it across in the next few weeks. I think you need to seize the moment, before things change again.:giggle:
'Tally Ho, Red Leader, we're closing in. Douaniers at 3 o'clock. Watch out for anti Gen Tests. And, Jimmy? If you dont make it back to dear old Blighty, can I have your egg for breakfast? Haw, haw, haw ... :rolleyes: :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Cannot under stand why anyone would want to go abroad this year. Best book for next year
Each to their own!! Can't wait to get going myself! Several options available depending on the prevailing rules at the end of this month,

Nov 6, 2019
Lancaster and Morecambe area
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2020
Agreed, i believe the tests are the same (antigen), but one you pay for, one you don't, i cannot see the free one being any less accurate.
I don't see what paying for it has to do with anything either, and it takes some digging to find out actually what is required.
And while we are on the subject, i think that the fees some people charge is daylight robbery, profiteering nothing more.
I don't think it's anything to do with the test itself, it's more likely to be to do with the process. Having just done a Lateral Flow Test for attendance at an event here's the steps:

1. Get a free kit
2. Carry out the test
3. Go onto the Government website and put in your details including the unique test kit number
4. Add your positive or negative test result
5. Receive an email or text from the Government website confirming your test result
6. Show the email or text confirming that you tested negative for Covid to whoever needs to know it

Hardly a robust process for people to be able to show that they are free from Covid is it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back