Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Either the NHS are supplying lower accuracy tests OR the government not wanting to subsidise travel OR they want to make it harder for people to access tests.
Seems money orientated to me.
Its a nonsense isnt it. Its either a valid test or its not, whats money got to do with it?
Agreed, i believe the tests are the same (antigen), but one you pay for, one you don't, i cannot see the free one being any less accurate.
went on the eurotunel website on things that are required to go to france, no free nhs tests, meaning i think, one you have to pay for
💶💶💶💰💰💷💷💷 all about money. What difference does who paid for it make to the validity of the test?

Interesting comments and the post below is quite informative:
I don't think it's anything to do with the test itself, it's more likely to be to do with the process. Having just done a Lateral Flow Test for attendance at an event here's the steps:

1. Get a free kit
2. Carry out the test
3. Go onto the Government website and put in your details including the unique test kit number
4. Add your positive or negative test result
5. Receive an email or text from the Government website confirming your test result
6. Show the email or text confirming that you tested negative for Covid to whoever needs to know it

Hardly a robust process for people to be able to show that they are free from Covid is it?

By clarifying how 'easy' it is to fudge the results this is the likely reason why the NHS provided ones (regardless of whether you pay for them or not) are not acceptable. On the subject of cost though, why should the NHS (funded by UK taxpayers) pay for tests so that those who want to travel abroad on holiday can use them for free? Should the UK tax payers pay for my dogs' AHCs so that they can travel abroad too?

goozer321

Free Member
Dec 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Do children children need to be vacccinated to travel? ive had my 2 jabs and my wife goes this week for her 2 nd.
No, children are completely immune and cannot transmit. Stay at home dum dum.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No, children are completely immune and cannot transmit. Stay at home dum dum.
I assume that was an attempt at sarcasm? It fell flat I'm afraid as we don't 'insult' other members until we know them well and then only in fun.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Just got a SMS text from BritFerry saying "NHS Tests or Not Acceptable"

Just as well I booked a private Clinic £40 jobby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Are you staying in Spain until they are on our green list?, That's what I intend to do, going there on 30th June
Hope so or France,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Interesting comments and the post below is quite informative:

By clarifying how 'easy' it is to fudge the results this is the likely reason why the NHS provided ones (regardless of whether you pay for them or not) are not acceptable. On the subject of cost though, why should the NHS (funded by UK taxpayers) pay for tests so that those who want to travel abroad on holiday can use them for free? Should the UK tax payers pay for my dogs' AHCs so that they can travel abroad too?
You have made an assumption that i think the test should be free, i never said that, but that does not alter the fact that i think they are too expensive, given that the test is the same, it is the method of reporting and recording the results that are different.
Come on, play fair i never said they should be free.
BTW, i am a UK taxpayer.

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
No, children are completely immune and cannot transmit.
This is news to me, I thought children could both catch and transmit Covid, just don't get bad symptoms. Schools having split classes so that when one child tests positive not everyone has to quarantine. Have I missed something?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This is news to me, I thought children could both catch and transmit Covid, just don't get bad symptoms. Schools having split classes so that when one child tests positive not everyone has to quarantine. Have I missed something?
No you have not. Children can catch and transmit the covid virus.

Boy

Apr 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 195
One good bit of news made new application for my wife and I new passport told it could be ten weeks . Applied last week first one arrived to day next one due tomorrow.
at least something working
happy days

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That's been my experience of France & Spain too . I don't think that just applies to the UK.
I would agree that France has become more expensive over the last few years but Spain is a lot cheaper than both Spain and the UK with some fantastic places to visit and well worth a long trip in a M'home.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
That's been my experience of France & Spain too . I don't think that just applies to the UK.
True, in as much as that it's not just the UK that's expensive, but my statement stands, and my experience is motor homing in France or Spain is not anywhere like as expensive as the UK.
And the big plus point Europe in general is geared up for motor homes, the UK is not comparably.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back