Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Maybe we won't be as welcome as i thought then:Eeek:
Just have to wait and see . We have no étranger plates here and haven’t had for as long as I can remember ie last year lol
Also France is not keen on a vaccine passport . Just think how would you feel if the situation was the other way round . Restrictions in place but holidaymakers can arrive . Even Parisiens are not welcome by my neighbours
Re vaccination passports they say until everyone has been given the opportunity to be vaccinated then it is unfair . It would mean my son could visit as he has been vaccinated as a pharmacist but his wife and my grandchildren could not .

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Must say last year in france we were made welcome, didn't see any signs that we weren't, depends on your point of view i suppose, those that make some sort of living from tourists and those that don't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
But the stories seem similar.

Pitchfork wielding natives
Not at all . Would love things to be back as they were but unfortunately they are not but who knows in a couple of months

Remember as things are at the moment you are bringing little to the economy except as my neighbours say more virus anglais . But let’s see how the next couple if months work out .

I can only tell you how my neighbours and friends feel including those in my motorhome club .

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not at all . Would love things to be back as they were but unfortunately they are not but who knows in a couple of months

Remember as things are at the moment you are bringing little to the economy except as my neighbours say more virus anglais . But let’s see how the next couple if months work out .

I can only tell you how my neighbours and friends feel including those in my motorhome club .
We arent allowed out for a couple of months

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
We are desperate to escape to Spain.
..can't wait until it's the time to (go put the fridge on)
Have to wait until school holidays end of July and see if we're allowed......or I'm going to need to see the doctor for depression 🥺
Maybe the Spanish government will have the virus under control by then but not sure. We're not going to any EU country until January 2022 partially in protest at their appalling attitude to the UK and partially because of their pathetic vaccination programme.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
As a matter of interest, are your friends and neighbours generally resistant to, or accepting of vaccination?

It seems to me that an enormous amount of damage has been done to the rollout and public trust of the vaccine (particularly OAZ) and therefore the chances of the French coming out of the current situation more quickly - largely as a result of ill-informed and seemingly incorrect information from French politicians. It seems baffling to me, and I'm sure that there are all sorts of political and economic agendas which I'm not able to fathom. The position being taken regarding the OAZ seems to me to be damaging to French public health, and therefore (selfishly) my chances of getting over there sooner rather than later.

We're desperate to get over to recommence our house hunt!

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
We would like to use our Eurotunnel crossing and go to France. We paid £440 return last July and then due to Corvid we were unable to use it. It runs out on the 12th of July so its not looking likely as my wife is now back at work and does not finish until the 8th. (We may get chance one way) I emailed them in December but they won't extend it.
If you ring them nearer the date they should. I was told to do this, which I did, and they have given me a voucher to use for the full amount. I have a year to use it and then a year to change it. Do try.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
As a matter of interest, are your friends and neighbours generally resistant to, or accepting of vaccination?

It seems to me that an enormous amount of damage has been done to the rollout and public trust of the vaccine (particularly OAZ) and therefore the chances of the French coming out of the current situation more quickly - largely as a result of ill-informed and seemingly incorrect information from French politicians. It seems baffling to me, and I'm sure that there are all sorts of political and economic agendas which I'm not able to fathom. The position being taken regarding the OAZ seems to me to be damaging to French public health, and therefore (selfishly) my chances of getting over there sooner rather than later.

We're desperate to get over to recommence our house hunt!
I have no neighbours or friends who don’t want the vaccination . Madeleine my oldest neighbour who is over 80 says she feels more calm now she has been ‘done ‘ lol

Thé dislike of vaccination goes back to illness and deaths due to vaccination in the past .

Hopefully you will get over to restart your house hunting . Do you have a particular area in mind . We have never regretted moving here .

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Hopefully you will get over to restart your house hunting . Do you have a particular area in mind . We have never regretted moving here .
Your neck of the woods and environs.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Thats 72,000 into Parisian ICU beds in the last 10 days.

I suspect something has been misquoted
Can't find the original quote from M. Castex [IIRC it was in Saturday's Politics Live Blog which was merged with the Coronavirus Live Blog. But, as of today, France has 4,426 ICU cases, and its ICU system is sad to be at saturation point. Possible that M. Castex passed on a short burst admission surge, or seconds were transposed with minutes

M. Castex's latest statement was posted in the Guardian Politics Live Blog at noon today:

'France is set to announce new coronavirus restrictions, including a potential lockdown in the Paris region and in the north of the country, as the number of Covid patients in intensive care units rises.

AP reports:

Prime minister Jean Castex is scheduled to detail the restrictions this evening. “We will make the decisions we need to make,” president Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday while visiting the hospital of Poissy and Saint-Germain-en-Laye, west of Paris. He added the new measures will be “pragmatic, proportionated and targeted”.
The virus is rapidly spreading in the Paris region, where the rate of infection has reached over 420 per 100,000 inhabitants and ICUs are close to saturation. France’s nationwide infection rate is about 250 per 100,000.
As during previous infection peaks, health authorities have organised transfers of critically ill patients to less-affected regions to ease some of the pressure on hospitals in Paris and in northern and southern France. People in France have been under a 6pm to 6am nationwide curfew for two months.

Steve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Can't find the original quote from M. Castex [IIRC it was in Saturday's Politics Live Blog which was merged with the Coronavirus Live Blog. But, as of today, France has 4,426 ICU cases, and its ICU system is sad to be at saturation point. Possible that M. Castex passed on a short burst admission surge, or seconds were transposed with minutes

M. Castex's latest statement was posted in the Guardian Politics Live Blog at noon today:

'France is set to announce new coronavirus restrictions, including a potential lockdown in the Paris region and in the north of the country, as the number of Covid patients in intensive care units rises.

AP reports:

Prime minister Jean Castex is scheduled to detail the restrictions this evening. “We will make the decisions we need to make,” president Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday while visiting the hospital of Poissy and Saint-Germain-en-Laye, west of Paris. He added the new measures will be “pragmatic, proportionated and targeted”.
The virus is rapidly spreading in the Paris region, where the rate of infection has reached over 420 per 100,000 inhabitants and ICUs are close to saturation. France’s nationwide infection rate is about 250 per 100,000.
As during previous infection peaks, health authorities have organised transfers of critically ill patients to less-affected regions to ease some of the pressure on hospitals in Paris and in northern and southern France. People in France have been under a 6pm to 6am nationwide curfew for two months.

Steve
It was the "every 12 seconds someone entering a Parisian ICU" that I picked up on which worked out to be 72,000 new cases in ICU in the past 10 days.
Which considering they have 4,426 in the whole of the country, is obviously wrong.
A misquote somewhere along the line.
Form my memory Parisian hospitals were at 103% capacity, Hauts de France (Calais Dunkirk) were something like 120% capacity and Provence was at about 110% capacity. The rest of the country was running 60-80%.
Fairly certain it was a "connexion" I was reading 2 or 3 days ago.
His latest statement an hour ago puts Paris in lockdown (ish) for a month https://www.france24.com/en/france/...coronavirus-restrictions-for-the-paris-region

Edit. Just found it. It is every 12 minutes not 12 seconds so divide that 72,000 by 60 and 1,200 have gone into ICU.

Further edit. Found the report of ICU occupancy in France (this is the updated version for today)

1616095062051.png

Last edited:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Also need to remember just because you have had the vaccine does not mean you are immune and we should all remember that, sadly i think a lot of people won't and behave just like they did before, but we won't be joining them

remember Bournemouth last year, and that was without the vaccine?
I think I’ll be in the 94% that are immune but I probably look at things differently to those that think they’ll be in the 6% that don’t develop immunity.

Guerrilla

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 2016
Can't find the article at the moment but I read one this morning quoting an eminent scientist stating no one should be allowed to travel abroad this year in view of lack of vaccinations abroad. I will post it if I can find it.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Can't find the article at the moment but I read one this morning quoting an eminent scientist stating no one should be allowed to travel abroad this year in view of lack of vaccinations abroad. I will post it if I can find it.
There'll be an other eminent scientist along shortly with an opposing view!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We had the warmest welcome ever last June , genuinely pleased to see us
Hopefully by mid May you will be again but after tonights info from Jean Castex. North and bottom corner of France in serious lockdown for 4 weeks so lets hope it works as the situation is very different from last June .

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hopefully by mid May you will be again but after tonights info from Jean Castex. North and bottom corner of France in serious lockdown for 4 weeks so lets hope it works as the situation is very different from last June .
I understand what you meant, but your situation in comparison to same date last year is significantly better.
Your whole country was in lockdown then, you have quite a percentage of your country not in lockdown now.

Sincerely hope that this UK variant decreases for you guys in the same way as it has decreased for countries who have been through it.

It is very interesting to review some of the things that were said around May last year in relation to France/Europe opening up and attitudes versus what actually happened.

I strongly suspect France will be "open" for Schengen visitors before we are allowed in on May 17th.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I’d love to have a coffee or a wine out and a meal lol But guess that is the cost of keeping the schools open and business
funny how everywhere is differnet. here most everything is open with bars going between closed except for take away to open outside terraces to inside open 30% most everywhere else is open for business as usual & has been along with schools since last september. We've been up to 40k a day & back down to 5k now without any benefit of vaccinations en masse.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

https://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/c...-faut-retenir-des-annonces-de-castex-20210318

Scroll down this article for the map showing the areas going into full lockdown for 4 weeks from midnight on Friday.

The northern lockdown area includes the Channel ports from Le Havre to Dunkerque.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
funny how everywhere is differnet. here most everything is open with bars going between closed except for take away to open outside terraces to inside open 30% most everywhere else is open for business as usual & has been along with schools since last september. We've been up to 40k a day & back down to 5k now without any benefit of vaccinations en masse.
Because they are all grasping at straws and have not a clue really. Someone says lets try this and they do.

That and the fact they built up this huge fear by inflating all the numbers etc they now haven't a clue how to calm those folk down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back