EUROPE 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Assuming that bojo will allow us to visit europe and other european countries allow visitors from the uk, i am wondering what members "loose" plans are?
I had planned to visit Norway this year along with france on trip two later in the year, but i am not hopeful to Norway opening its borders, we went to france last year in september and really enjoyed it, keeping to ourselves of course
Does anyone plan to visit the continent this year??

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
We would like to use our Eurotunnel crossing and go to France. We paid £440 return last July and then due to Corvid we were unable to use it. It runs out on the 12th of July so its not looking likely as my wife is now back at work and does not finish until the 8th. (We may get chance one way) I emailed them in December but they won't extend it.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Our tunnel ticket moved to the 28/06 and after that expires! Assuming the UK allow travel and EU let us in we will pop up in France and go wherever feels safest - and we will be a month on from our second jab by then!!

Fingers well and truly crossed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Benidorm! 🤩

Screenshot_20210316-181752_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
We went to the pyrenees / lourdes area last year and the sites we stayed on were very empty, we saw plenty of mask wearing and social distancing, very reassuring, we have had our first jab, and our second is in may i think, SWIMBO has exams on june 11th, so we will go just after then hopefully.

Fingers and everything else crossed!

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We would like to use our Eurotunnel crossing and go to France. We paid £440 return last July and then due to Corvid we were unable to use it. It runs out on the 12th of July so its not looking likely as my wife is now back at work and does not finish until the 8th. (We may get chance one way) I emailed them in December but they won't extend it.
I’m in exactly the same boat. Wi teach so can’t go until end June and the ticket has expired by then. They’ll not contemplate an extension so we’ve lost our £440. I’ll not buy in advance again.

But if the FM allows international travel we’ll both be fully vaccinated so we’ll go. Don’t care where will depend on lowest infection rates. Hopefully France or Germany.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I’m in exactly the same boat. Wi teach so can’t go until end June and the ticket has expired by then. They’ll not contemplate an extension so we’ve lost our £440. I’ll not buy in advance again.

But if the FM allows international travel we’ll both be fully vaccinated so we’ll go. Don’t care where will depend on lowest infection rates. Hopefully France or Germany.
Same here I will never book in advance again. We wrote a nice email explaining it all and just got a very short reply, no it will not be extended and you have bought a flexible ticket ! But unfortunately this wasn't an option when I booked as i would have definatley spent the little extra for one.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Seems that's a common theme, i never book in advance, but then i am reasonably flexible when i can go
i think not extending it is very unfair though

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We have a frequent traveller ticket that we had originally booked to use in Dec 2020. We had to cancel so rebooked, in hope, for end Jan, then beg April and now 28th May.

Not sure if that date will stick or where we will go, but if we are allowed, we will go to whichever counrry will have us, abide by social distancing rules, keep ourselves to ourselves and have some funster time 😉

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
trouble is eurotunnel are holding all the cards, and they know you will come back, most likely
some shipping company ought to open a super fast catamaran and give them some competition

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As the wife is now booked in for 2nd jab, I cant see anything stopping us going on 20th June for a month, probably Vercors/Provence. Booked Tunnel last night. I will be going if it is possible to get over on 10th May and foregoing the New Forest rally, but I just doubt that is possible and ensuring return without Q10.

I was last year's Guinea Pig very closely followed by MisterB who I know has plans to escape extremely early again.

If i was retired I would be over on the first available tunnel out of here.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
AERIALMARK. “How much”did you pay for ET crossing £440 That seems hell of an amount .I take it you must have been towing something?

litter picking Colyboy

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Hi, we had a non refundable trip booked on tunnel for September last year but had to cancel. I moved it as far forward, as the booking site would allow, which was February this year. Obviously couldn't use it. So PHONED the number on the online ticket. Spoke to a very helpful lady. I explained the situation and that we planned to use the ticket but not sure when. No problem she said, I'll give you a code and your ticket will be valid to use for up to 12mths from that day.
It's worth giving them a ring.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Its good to know that we are not the only ones itching to get away to the continent, i do think we will be able to go this year, as our infection rates drop, and hopefully europe's not far behind, will open up opportunities for all.
My neighbour asks why i don't really want to go in this country, too crowded is my reply, among other more contentious answers.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We are currently planning to head south to our little spanish spot as soon as we are allowed for 90 days, 3 months in Morocco, then another 90 days in Spain and back to UK.

It's what we did for several years previously, and can't wait to get back to the routine.... 😎 🍷

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don’t let Lenny HB hear you calling a B678 a “little van”
I must admit I do like the 678, probably the only Hymer I’d choose to own👍
What gives you that idea?
My B678DL is a big as I would want to go it's 200mm longer than a standard B678 but my DL is 140mm narrower which helps with some of the scrapes we get into.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
So you have a voucher as you couldn’t use your booking? Use the voucher to buy “fully refundable” return tickets; then cancel it using the “Covid” form on their website. I asked specifically and was told that they will then give you a (further) voucher for the next 12 months.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
We are desperate to escape to Spain.
..can't wait until it's the time to (go put the fridge on)
Have to wait until school holidays end of July and see if we're allowed......or I'm going to need to see the doctor for depression 🥺

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
As the wife is now booked in for 2nd jab, I cant see anything stopping us going on 20th June for a month, probably Vercors/Provence. Booked Tunnel last night. I will be going if it is possible to get over on 10th May and foregoing the New Forest rally, but I just doubt that is possible and ensuring return without Q10.

I was last year's Guinea Pig very closely followed by MisterB who I know has plans to escape extremely early again.

If i was retired I would be over on the first available tunnel out of here.
And we are off again as soon as we've both had our second jab (2 days after) on the 17th May ....

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back