EUROPE 2021 (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Not considering it until I see what this winter brings and Europe catches up with vaccinations
The more people we mix with ,the more the virus will mutate
As of yesterday, France and Germany still making stronger lockdown measures, with France planning to expand the curfew to include new regions and extend it to include weekends in others. Not holding our breath for any imminent Grand European Opening.

Steve

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I agree, a lot can happen in 2-3 months, as i have said earlier i think it will be broadly the same as last year, with cases of covid falling away rapidly during the warmer months, the key for some of us will be france, either to holiday there or transit through to somewhere else, yes france can be avoided but makes it more difficult. Like it or not, testing, and being able to prove you have had the vaccine will be a way of the future i'm afraid.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Covid is everywhere, i don't personally think the risks are necessarily greater as long as you are careful, for us if we are allowed to go then there will be no going for meals out, no crowds, no going for coffee, sanitise everything that comes into the van, mask and gloves on when out, etc just being there the scenery at some places is more than enough to compensate for these inconveniences, we will still walk, cycle etc, i don't see it as a great hardship, everyone will have to change their behaviour in one form or another, covid is here to stay i'm afraid

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
there will be no going for meals out, no crowds, no going for coffee,
That was our plan last year, which lasted about a week, when it poured down with rain and we were out on the bike so had a coffee outside but in a bar.

No great stress and no chance of catching anything, with appropriate caution.
We go to the sticks of France and we spot more birds of prey than people and occasionally a coffee stop.
All dependant upon where you go I would suggest.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
25 million and rising daily, all things being equal, that should make a big difference to the pandemic
We need to remember that it takes a month or so after the first jab to have c. 80% efficacy so only 16 million people with "immunity" at the moment
On a presumption of half a million a day and allowing for the month for the effect to take place we will only have about 40 million people with "immunity" when/if our borders open up on 17th May. And a further 15 million or so will have had the jab.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
That was our plan last year, which lasted about a week, when it poured down with rain and we were out on the bike so had a coffee outside but in a bar.

We go to the sticks of France and we spot more birds of prey than people and occasionally a coffee stop.
Us as well it will be the sticks for us too, i'm hoping norway opens up, quite an unpopulated country with plenty of space to wild, away from others, if not prob pyrenees area, was there last year and very quiet..... nice

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
We need to remember that it takes a month or so after the first jab to have c. 80% efficacy so only 16 million people with "immunity" at the moment
On a presumption of half a million a day and allowing for the month for the effect to take place we will only have about 40 million people with "immunity" when/if our borders open up on 17th May. And a further 15 million or so will have had the jab.
Also need to remember just because you have had the vaccine does not mean you are immune and we should all remember that, sadly i think a lot of people won't and behave just like they did before, but we won't be joining them

remember Bournemouth last year, and that was without the vaccine?

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Also need to remember just because you have had the vaccine does not mean you are immune and we should all remember that, sadly i think a lot of people won't and behave just like they did before, but we won't be joining them
How do you know if they have had jab ? To cut chances even more best travel when a good percentage have had jab ?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I will treat all other people as if they have covid, (respectfully) and avoid them, so jab or not it makes no difference to us i think that's a wise policy just now, as someone said a while ago, can't remember who,"the best defence against covid is your front door", i don't see the difference in whether that's your bricks and mortar home, or your mobile home.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
remember Bournemouth last year, and that was without the vaccine?
I remember the press putting out photos of apparently packed to the rafters photos of beaches.

I also remember photos that didnt hit the press where the "long shot" showed there was a lot of people there, however there was distance between them.

If memory serves me right this was about May.

I dont remember any increase in infections that can be attributed to the packed beaches.

Meanwhile, 30 miles away, we couldnt see anyone for about half a mile in either direction on the beach we were at !

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I remember the press putting out photos of apparently packed to the rafters photos of beaches.

I also remember photos that didnt hit the press where the "long shot" showed there was a lot of people there, however there was distance between them.

If memory serves me right this was about May.

I dont remember any increase in infections that can be attributed to the packed beaches.

Meanwhile, 30 miles away, we couldnt see anyone for about half a mile in either direction on the beach we were at !
Yes that's true, i was pointing out risk only, as in if you had joined them, then you would be at a higher risk, as opposed to deliberately avoiding people as much as possible, then that would be less risk, sitting on a beach surrounded by hundreds of people is my idea of hell, and the masses should avoid that situation to lessen the risk, each to their own i suppose, but i doubt people will change their behaviour, i'm sure that once restrictions are lifted then there will be a mass exodus of people wanting to get away, nothing wrong with that, we are one of them, but we will still be very very cautious, i doubt that will apply to the majority though.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Have to be a coffee in your van unless cafes , bars and restaurants are open ! Been closed since October . We take the van shopping and make our own lol
Although schools and everything else been open since September the atmosphere is lost so if you are allowed to travel be prepared to expect a different experience

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Have to be a coffee in your van unless cafes , bars and restaurants are open ! Been closed since October . We take the van shopping and make our own lol
Although schools and everything else been open since September the atmosphere is lost so if you are allowed to travel be prepared to expect a different experience
I suspect bars and coffee shops will be open when we are allowed to travel.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hopefully but numbers still high here and waiting for M Castex tonight .
Youre in a bit of a duplicitous dilemma. Awful figures in some places. But not all places.
Still cant fathom your local area.
Getting any better ?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Is he due to make an announcement on travel?
Who knows my understanding is about the virus figures and lockdown in some areas is the theme .
Travel us a whole other issue atm obviously I am on french groups and there is not a good feeling référence open border and many are furious .

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Within the last 10 days, there was one admission to intensive care for COVID every 12 seconds in Paris, and the bed availability was just about exhausted. IIRC, some patients were being transferred to Intensive Care beds in neighbouring regions, whilst 8 patients have died from a new variation in Brittany.

Updated report in the Guardian today repeats the claim made last week that Europe is on the brink of a 3rd wave/surge of infections, not helped by the suspension of the AZ jab and the continuing rise in the number of infections from the new variants. Germany's incidence rate of infections sits at 88.8 per 100,000 population, far higher than the target of 50 set for reopening of the economy.

3rd wave of infections forecast for Europe

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back