LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
https://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/c...-faut-retenir-des-annonces-de-castex-20210318

Scroll down this article for the map showing the areas going into full lockdown for 4 weeks from midnight on Friday.

The northern lockdown area includes the Channel ports from Le Havre to Dunkerque.
The mad thing is france seems pretty normal at the minute ... lots out skiing when i came through the alps a few days ago , roads are very busy , lots of people out and about , i even saw a coach drop off 20 -30 people at the nature reserve in calais yesterday to go bird watching. Italy was pretty busy too

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Personally I just can't get my head around we will not be able to go, something will be worked out, too much to lose for the euro countries, they will get it sorted (y) (y) :sun::sun:
Maybe we won't be as welcome as i thought then:Eeek:
I got verbally abused by an Italian motorhomer in susa on monday ....but so far all in france have been friendly ...lots of waves ( motorhomes) and a few people saying hello ( non motorhomers) im actually surprised at the amount of motorhomes out and about in france wt the minute ....but back to blighty at 10.20 ....dont think ill be greeted aswell driving the length of uk to get home tonight or in morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was the "every 12 seconds someone entering a Parisian ICU" that I picked up on which worked out to be 72,000 new cases in ICU in the past 10 days.
Which considering they have 4,426 in the whole of the country, is obviously wrong.
A misquote somewhere along the line.
Form my memory Parisian hospitals were at 103% capacity, Hauts de France (Calais Dunkirk) were something like 120% capacity and Provence was at about 110% capacity. The rest of the country was running 60-80%.
Fairly certain it was a "connexion" I was reading 2 or 3 days ago.
His latest statement an hour ago puts Paris in lockdown (ish) for a month https://www.france24.com/en/france/...coronavirus-restrictions-for-the-paris-region

Edit. Just found it. It is every 12 minutes not 12 seconds so divide that 72,000 by 60 and 1,200 have gone into ICU.

Further edit. Found the report of ICU occupancy in France (this is the updated version for today)

View attachment 474683
That would make sense ...i can tell you that around the alps is mobbed with folk skiing ...i couldn't believe it
And around calais area very very busy and you wouldn't know a 6pm curfew was in place ...it looks as busy as any other time ive been here.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
May have been mentioned and I've missed it. Arriving back in UK are you not supposed to hotel isolate?? or is that just airport arrivals, genuinely confused.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
May have been mentioned and I've missed it. Arriving back in UK are you not supposed to hotel isolate?? or is that just airport arrivals, genuinely confused.
Only from red list countries none of which are in Europe except Portugal which i believe you have to have spent 10 days in another country after Portugal to get round that.

But you do have to self isolate on return and order home testing kits.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Only from red list countries none of which are in Europe except Portugal which i believe you have to have spent 10 days in another country after Portugal to get round that.

But you do have to self isolate on return and order home testing kits.
Yes yes sorry, senior moment....again. This is why we are going to Germany for 11 nights 12 day's as we don't want to prison hotel isolate in UK. We will still have PCRs 48 hours before leaving Dubai, 2 day's after arriving Germany, 5 day's after and 2 day's before we leave Germany. Hoping and trusting all will be NEG. Then of course as you state home UK testing. Someone is making a lot of money from this testing lark but i spose it has to be done.
Anyway, safe travels.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Maybe the Spanish government will have the virus under control by then but not sure. We're not going to any EU country until January 2022 partially in protest at their appalling attitude to the UK and partially because of their pathetic vaccination programme.
Yes I can understand that and I think most people will swerve Europe this year...but we have had some work done on our apartment and would like to inspect it for ourselves..
we've had a few photos sent to us ,but 5k is a lot to transfer when you can look and touch..

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes yes sorry, senior moment....again. This is why we are going to Germany for 11 nights 12 day's as we don't want to prison hotel isolate in UK. We will still have PCRs 48 hours before leaving Dubai, 2 day's after arriving Germany, 5 day's after and 2 day's before we leave Germany. Hoping and trusting all will be NEG. Then of course as you state home UK testing. Someone is making a lot of money from this testing lark but i spose it has to be done.
Anyway, safe travels.
Yes they sure are ...some of the companies on the uk gov site that youve to book tests on are charging up to £350 for the tests and many are out of stock so obviously quite a demand.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Here you go
IMG_20200813_132915760.jpg

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Yes they sure are ...some of the companies on the uk gov site that youve to book tests on are charging up to £350 for the tests and many are out of stock so obviously quite a demand.
PCR test here are eqiv £30 for 6 to 12hr result, £25 for 24hr result. Don't know how much in Germany, soon find out.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
PCR test here are eqiv £30 for 6 to 12hr result, £25 for 24hr result. Don't know how much in Germany, soon find out.
Yeah i paid€60 in italy fir pcr 24 hour results and €30 in france for antigen test 15minute result.

And just came through tunnel check in and they hardly glanced at it

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
The mad thing is france seems pretty normal at the minute ... lots out skiing when i came through the alps a few days ago , roads are very busy , lots of people out and about , i even saw a coach drop off 20 -30 people at the nature reserve in calais yesterday to go bird watching. Italy was pretty busy too
I wonder why their transmission rate is so high?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I got verbally abused by an Italian motorhomer in susa on monday ....but so far all in france have been friendly ...lots of waves ( motorhomes) and a few people saying hello ( non motorhomers) im actually surprised at the amount of motorhomes out and about in france wt the minute ....but back to blighty at 10.20 ....dont think ill be greeted aswell driving the length of uk to get home tonight or in morning.
Wow, did you get the gist of what they said?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow, did you get the gist of what they said?
Oh he spoke clear enough

You should not be here !
You go !
You not be here in italy!
Italy in lockdown you not be here !

Followed by lots of spitting on the ground and arm waving

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider You are on the road early today Tam. I bet you just want home now.
Aye the last 5 days has been hard going , cold and wet weather etc lots of forms ,tests , regulations etc to get head round and lots of strange looks etc ...all ok in Greece but Italy and france you can keep lol

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hop you told him to p**s off, i would have done
Yeah i pretty much told him to feck off

The Welsh woman i was travelling with was trying to explain to him we were transiting etc but I couldn't be bothered by that point.
The fact he was in a motorhome himself just added to the frustration

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Yeah i pretty much told him to feck off

The Welsh woman i was travelling with was trying to explain to him we were transiting etc but I couldn't be bothered by that point.
The fact he was in a motorhome himself just added to the frustration
Good for you (y)

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
If you ring them nearer the date they should. I was told to do this, which I did, and they have given me a voucher to use for the full amount. I have a year to use it and then a year to change it. Do try.
Hi, yes thanks I posted earlier this week (Wednesday) that i had done just that and received a voucher.

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
I have no neighbours or friends who don’t want the vaccination . Madeleine my oldest neighbour who is over 80 says she feels more calm now she has been ‘done ‘ lol

Thé dislike of vaccination goes back to illness and deaths due to vaccination in the past .
This has been a curiosity to me as to why there is so much general anti-vaccination sentiment in France. I know the French enjoy a certain amount of hypochondria in their attitude - just my opinion and observation - but there does seem to be a certain amount of avid fervency against vaccines in general or have I been reading the wrong things? Was there not some past scandal that has exacerbated this?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
This has been a curiosity to me as to why there is so much general anti-vaccination sentiment in France. I know the French enjoy a certain amount of hypochondria in their attitude - just my opinion and observation - but there does seem to be a certain amount of avid fervency against vaccines in general or have I been reading the wrong things? Was there not some past scandal that has exacerbated this?
Indeed check back the posts . Just search ‘ France vaccination scandal ‘ on your search engine lots of reasons and info

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Just watching the news, re covid in germany, bad news, but i still think it will lessen as the year progresses, it would help greatly IMO, if the eu got their finger out and started vaccinations with a bit more urgency

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Just watching the news, re covid in germany, bad news, but i still think it will lessen as the year progresses, it would help greatly IMO, if the eu got their finger out and started vaccinations with a bit more urgency
Don’t hold your breath. Too much infighting. Too many failed politicians pushing pens not syringes.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I plan to eat a lot of cheese tonight, then have a good dream about cruising all over Europe in my MH. When I wake up I will be very happy and have not spent any money.
I'm having a curried jacket potato with Carolina reaper sauce, rice and naan bread.. 🤔 I don't know where I'll end up 🙃😆

Edit: Ann says Hospital 😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back