Vodafone 100Gb sim (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2018
Exmouth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
I have a new Three sim in my phone and have just travelled to Spain through France. Reception in France was never more than H and very slow. Now that I am in Spain it is 4G. My previous sim, a Vodafone, gave good 4G in the six Western European countries that I was in last year so I am very disappointed with my Three sim. I used a Three sim in a MiFi a few years ago and mostly got good reception.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I put my Vodafone sim card into my Vodafone MiFi and it worked fine.
Just about to cancell my business data card and buy the 12 month 100Gb sim.
I will post on here with regard to what they say and the tethering limit.

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
Same Vodafone deal now on mobiles.co.uk but with £50 cashback. Damn! Haha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Thanks for this info.
Ordered mine today, arriving tomorrow, sending back tomorrow and ordering the mobiles.co.uk one. This will effectively give me an extra 96GB for the same data sim for only £2.00/month extra.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Can you send us the link?
I checked the web for offers just now but didn't see this one.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
https://www.mobiles.co.uk/sim-only-deals?filter_contract_length[]=12&sort=default

The £83 cash back process looks quite convoluted but the £50 deal seems quite straightforward

I agree.
I have trouble remembering all sorts of things without remembering to send bills for a refund (only joking but not for me) the cashback option seems easier.
Just checked the Martin Lewis website.
The best deal is Money Saving Expert 100GB, Vodafone :-

Vodafone* Sim only deal offers a huge allowance plus you'll automatically receive a cheque for £60 if you use the code MSE10AUTO. If you'll use this amount of data, this a good deal from a big-name.

You'll pay £240 over the contract, but factor in the cheque and it's £180, equivalent to £15/mth. Note: You'll see the price as £15.83/mth at Mobiles.co.uk but this doesn't factor in the extra you'll receive by using our code.

Wow, look what MHF has saved us!,,

@Brucek cancell your contract and save, save, save

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Just opened it. It relates to:-
The £84 cashback via redemption on Mobiles.co.uk
I can only think that they are not VAT aware as take 20%off £15.83 and you get ~ £13!
As far as i can see mobiles.co.uk have the best deal but i will look into it deeper tomorrow and find out if there are any restrictions to their t&c's (2nd tier)! E.g. data streamng and use in MiFi's

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
Okay, just spoke to Vodafone, the guy I talked to was very helpful but had not heard of this deal so I pointed him to the website. I was angling for a reduction in my monthly contract price against the threat of cancelling and reapplying using this deal. He pointed out two things, it says on the MSE website 'vodafone newbies only' and that if I cancelled my sim could cut off within 10 minutes. He did try to reduce my monthly cost, but as the £20 deal had already been discounted from £40 there was no room for maneuver. C'est la vie!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Seems to be a lot of deals around lately and getting much cheeper.... my cynical outlook is that they know something we don’t and are trying to get people signed up before it hits the fan.....:whistle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
no use to anyone but just for information, i can actually get the vodaphone 100gb for £9 but through a currys staff offer, but not available to anyone else, but just shows what they could do if they wanted to.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Something else interesting.
The Vodafone guy that i talked to said if you take out the 12 month contract you can upgrade after 3 months so if there are any better deals on Vodafone in 3 months you can get them. I can only think that all the major suppliers will compete and offer unlimited everything.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just had this come in inbox
F449D673-4BAA-418F-BE47-AB5C31832071.png

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Thanks for the info.
States :-
'Only for newbies to vodafone'
I have a sim for my phone so can't go for it but if switching from another supplier- GREAT.
For info. When we toured the far North of Scotland the only consistent signal was O2.
Everywhere else we get a good signal from Vodafone (except Welsh valleys but all providers struggle).
Where we live the only signal we can get is Vodaphone as confirmed via the Ofcom App
So i have to use them. Home broadband via telephone lines is also rubbish hence i have a MiFi.

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Just opened it. It relates to:-
The £84 cashback via redemption on Mobiles.co.uk
I can only think that they are not VAT aware as take 20%off £15.83 and you get ~ £13!
As far as i can see mobiles.co.uk have the best deal but i will look into it deeper tomorrow and find out if there are any restrictions to their t&c's (2nd tier)! E.g. data streamng and use in MiFi's

Just taken out this deal. It will use as a sim for the car and then when we are away in the MH.

Thanks for the heads up.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Something else interesting.
The Vodafone guy that i talked to said if you take out the 12 month contract you can upgrade after 3 months so if there are any better deals on Vodafone in 3 months you can get them. I can only think that all the major suppliers will compete and offer unlimited everything.
Hi,
I took out a 30gb/month for £20 Vodafone deal last summer and was pleased with the performance, especially throughout France and Spain this winter, as you can use the whole of your allowance when roaming. I was told that I could upgrade later but, as it turns out, you can only upgrade to another deal that they offer you and they don't offer you the best deals, like 100gb/month for £20) that they reserve for new business.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Yes. That sounds about right. I was lucky, had a business data sim that i took out in 2017. The upgrade had to be done by phononh their customer service and they could not offer the 100Gb so i cancelled my contract and took out one for the mobile sim 100Gb. When it comes i will verify it on my mobile phone then transfer to my MiFi.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
All done and been using it for nearly a week at home and Barmouth.
No issues even with 2 phones and the tablet all going at the same time through the mifi.
Double checked via Vodafone Customer Service AND a Vodafone shop --no usage restrictions upto the 100Gb !!!
My advice, go for it.

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks @Brucek for posting this offer - with summer coming up and plans for heading overseas taking shape, I've been looking to get a bigger data allowance for a while now.
I have an EE contract for my phone that is eligible for upgrade and was quite keen to give Vodafone a try. However, I checked the coverage for my street on their website and it isn't great with no 4G indoors, and I have to say that I've been pretty pleased with the service I've had from EE, getting reception in most places I've been.
I started an online chat with EE to see what they could do, citing the Vodafone offer. After a pregnant pause where they digested the information, they came back saying that they would match it. RESULT!!
No guarantees that they will do the same for everyone - I've bought two phones on contract in the past and have been with Orange/EE for many years, but it's worth a try if you think Vodafone isn't an option.

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
Love it, well done you and best of luck!

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Same Vodafone deal now on mobiles.co.uk but with £50 cashback. Damn! Haha
Skool me please.

If I buy this SIM what else do I need to get my van up and running for music, movies etc?

Can I use my Motorola phone as a router, or the wifes iPhone?

Can I use roku or chromecast with the phones or do I have to buy one of these MIFI gadgets?

No jargon please! I am a luddite...

I see it works out at £13/mn! That's almost as cheap as my PAYG on my Motorola for 2 gig a month!

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
I use my phone as a 'hotspot' so far we have had connected-
Wife's iphone
Wife's ipad
My android tablet
Wireless printer
Smart tv
Humax freesat
Wii
Roku
PC

All at the same time and no 'choking' a great service in my humble view. We have cancelled our fixed line broadband and look forward to all the facilities we enjoy at home all over Europe all for £20 a month.

Extra bonus - unlimited calls and texts all over Europe, what not to like?

Last edited:

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
so are you using your phone as a router? Is it a 4G phone? Do you need a certain spec of phone to get a good service?

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
Mine is a Oneplus 5 4G
So yes, yours should do all the stuff mine does. Only issue hotspot is battery hungry so I need to charge it every night. Performance will depend on the processor in your phone, the oneplus 5 has a snapdragon 835 octacore, so it's quite wingdizzy, it depends what is in your Motorola, but IMHO I think both your phone and your wife's IPhone will cope with a couple of devices connected with no issues.

I use my phone as a hotspot, no mifi required. And if you have a chromecast or a Roku you have all the equipment required to stream music or video to your 'van providing the tv has a USB input. One small point, chromecast is not Amazon Instant Video friendly, but Roku is.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
It does, thanks. You have the knowledge. I bring sacrificial Barbie as god wants and worship! Burn the non-believers - SPLITTERS!

Snapdragon octocore? Sounds like a death metal rock band

I have no idea what's in mine, ground unicorn horn for all I know.

But thanks. I may snap that offer up, or see if EE will match it. If you don't ask you don't get. I will defer to SWMBO as she is the final arbiter on all things tech. I cook and maintain, and drag my knuckles and growl!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back