Vodafone 100Gb sim

OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
I guess you mean you have no Vodafone 4G reception? We do, better than EE, 3 or O2

Last edited:
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
I tried 3 for a month, but they seemed to 'throttle' the bandwidth when using as a hotspot for multiple devices, whereas a one month trial on Vodafone did not. If the 3 network is good for you you should look at Smarty, which uses the 3 network and offers unlimited data for £25 per month

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015 and in that time I have learnt an awful lot from this site
Does smarty work in Europe the same a 3 with legs data SIM ?
Anyone know, website doesn't seem to mention Europe

OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Seems to, check the website under 'International and roaming' its in the menu, top right three bars on Android

Jun 25, 2018
Durham
MH
Dethleffs Alpa I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I tried 3 for a month, but they seemed to 'throttle' the bandwidth when using as a hotspot for multiple devices, whereas a one month trial on Vodafone did not. If the 3 network is good for you you should look at Smarty, which uses the 3 network and offers unlimited data for £25 per month
3 do a £20 a month unlimited data and calls?

OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't see that one thanks. The issue for me though would be the 30Gb personal hotspot, I want to use all my data when tethering.

Jun 25, 2018
Durham
MH
Dethleffs Alpa I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I didn't see that one thanks. The issue for me though would be the 30Gb personal hotspot, I want to use all my data when tethering.
I use mine to stream tv at about 1gb an hour when at static park home. Never had an issue so far although I haven't actually checked total data used so unsure if I hit the barrier?
Edit checked and hotspot only used 15gb this month as we haven't been here much this month. When at home/work always connected to wifi.

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
We only have mobile broadband with Three, 100gb a month, and it's virtually all used via hotspot with no problem so not sure where you're getting the info about the 30gb restriction?

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
@Minxy Girl look at the data plan conditions #10 above
Ah, my new varifocal glasses strike again! :confused:

I looked on the Three website info for it rather than on the 'screen shot' ... interesting though as we don't have this problem with our 100gb one so maybe they've brought it in on the unlimited one which came out just after we'd got our 100gb one for £20 a month with no limit on hotspotting.

Hopefully I'll get used to the new bl**dy glasses soon! o_O

OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
We only have mobile broadband with Three, 100gb a month, and it's virtually all used via hotspot with no problem so not sure where you're getting the info about the 30gb restriction?
See post #10

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services