Vodafone 100Gb sim

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by Brucek, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Keypresser

Keypresser Funster

Ratings:
    +354
    Yes. That sounds about right. I was lucky, had a business data sim that i took out in 2017. The upgrade had to be done by phononh their customer service and they could not offer the 100Gb so i cancelled my contract and took out one for the mobile sim 100Gb. When it comes i will verify it on my mobile phone then transfer to my MiFi.

2. Keypresser

Keypresser Funster

Ratings:
    +354
    All done and been using it for nearly a week at home and Barmouth.
    No issues even with 2 phones and the tablet all going at the same time through the mifi.
    Double checked via Vodafone Customer Service AND a Vodafone shop --no usage restrictions upto the 100Gb !!!
    My advice, go for it.

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  3. Garratt

Garratt Funster

Ratings:
    +57
    Thanks @Brucek for posting this offer - with summer coming up and plans for heading overseas taking shape, I've been looking to get a bigger data allowance for a while now.
    I have an EE contract for my phone that is eligible for upgrade and was quite keen to give Vodafone a try. However, I checked the coverage for my street on their website and it isn't great with no 4G indoors, and I have to say that I've been pretty pleased with the service I've had from EE, getting reception in most places I've been.
    I started an online chat with EE to see what they could do, citing the Vodafone offer. After a pregnant pause where they digested the information, they came back saying that they would match it. RESULT!!
    No guarantees that they will do the same for everyone - I've bought two phones on contract in the past and have been with Orange/EE for many years, but it's worth a try if you think Vodafone isn't an option.

• Like it Like it x 3
  4. Brucek

Brucek Funster

Ratings:
    +158
    Love it, well done you and best of luck!

5. Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog Funster

Ratings:
    +159
    Skool me please.

If I buy this SIM what else do I need to get my van up and running for music, movies etc?

Can I use my Motorola phone as a router, or the wifes iPhone?

Can I use roku or chromecast with the phones or do I have to buy one of these MIFI gadgets?

No jargon please! I am a luddite...

I see it works out at £13/mn! That's almost as cheap as my PAYG on my Motorola for 2 gig a month!

6. Brucek

Brucek Funster

Ratings:
    +158
    I use my phone as a 'hotspot' so far we have had connected-
    Wife's iphone
    Wife's ipad
    My android tablet
    Wireless printer
    Smart tv
    Humax freesat
    Wii
    Roku
    PC

All at the same time and no 'choking' a great service in my humble view. We have cancelled our fixed line broadband and look forward to all the facilities we enjoy at home all over Europe all for £20 a month.

Extra bonus - unlimited calls and texts all over Europe, what not to like?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Like it Like it x 2
  7. Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog Funster

Ratings:
    +159
    so are you using your phone as a router? Is it a 4G phone? Do you need a certain spec of phone to get a good service?

8. Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog Funster

Ratings:
    +159
    My Motorola is a 4G and does tethering and hotspots. Would it suffice?

9. Brucek

Brucek Funster

Ratings:
    +158
    Mine is a Oneplus 5 4G
    So yes, yours should do all the stuff mine does. Only issue hotspot is battery hungry so I need to charge it every night. Performance will depend on the processor in your phone, the oneplus 5 has a snapdragon 835 octacore, so it's quite wingdizzy, it depends what is in your Motorola, but IMHO I think both your phone and your wife's IPhone will cope with a couple of devices connected with no issues.

I use my phone as a hotspot, no mifi required. And if you have a chromecast or a Roku you have all the equipment required to stream music or video to your 'van providing the tv has a USB input. One small point, chromecast is not Amazon Instant Video friendly, but Roku is.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  10. Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog Funster

Ratings:
    +159
    It does, thanks. You have the knowledge. I bring sacrificial Barbie as god wants and worship! Burn the non-believers - SPLITTERS!

Snapdragon octocore? Sounds like a death metal rock band

I have no idea what's in mine, ground unicorn horn for all I know.

But thanks. I may snap that offer up, or see if EE will match it. If you don't ask you don't get. I will defer to SWMBO as she is the final arbiter on all things tech. I cook and maintain, and drag my knuckles and growl!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  11. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +43,927
    Well, I've gone and done it, ie, gone for the £13pm deal, and used the MSE10AUTO voucher code for another £10 off. (y)

Now then as a PAYG Three sim user, I'm not big user of data, calls or texts, but the Vodafone deal has to be a goer, over the Plusnet sim only deal at £15pm for only 8Gb. :eek:

I may experiment with it for home broadband, as my BT Broadband contract is due for renewal in June.

BTW, for those looking to do the deal with https://www.mobiles.co.uk but not yet done so, don't get caught out by the £16.87p cashback pop up window that appears once you have finished the process. It's got nothing to do with the cashback deal you have just entered into, and, they want your bank details so that they can deduct £15.00pm discount membership fee from you account. (n)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1
  12. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +3,738
    Using the Vodafone 100Gb in the mifi now whilst in the new forest. This area is renown for poor coverage of any network and at the moment we have poor phone if any and data is E - edge. Mifi reads 3 bars of 4g. (y)(y) Sat last night and happily streamed 2 movies from Netflix and now streaming radio from the amazon fire stick. Movies did surprise me a bit when 1 took just over 1 Gb and the other nearly 4Gb. We will see how much all day radio takes. So far really happy with mifi and Vodafone. Aerial still to be fitted to the roof. :rolleyes::D2

• Like it Like it x 1
  13. Brucek

Brucek Funster

Ratings:
    +158
    Does this help?

By choosing for yourself the video quality you desire, you can easily reduce your data usage while still being able to stream Netflix wherever you go.
    • Go to Netflix.com.
    • Click Sign In to Get to Your Account.
    • Choose a Profile. ...
    • Scroll Down and Choose Playback Settings. ...
    • Choose Your Desired Playback Quality. ...
    • Click Save

14. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ratings:
    +7,943
  15. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +31,488
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Stonemags76

Stonemags76 Funster

Ratings:
    +513
    I got mine this morning - thanks for the extra cashback code! I’ve put it straight into my WiFi, and registered it via the message sent to the MiFi. I then registered my mobile phone number as an extra number, so I can get stuff sent to that. Working very well so far at home, so will see if it continues! Used the 50gb Vodafone sim for three months in Spain this winter, & it was great. The extra gbs for less money is a bonus!!

17. Garratt

Garratt Funster

Ratings:
    +57
    Just a quick update to my previous post. When I checked the details of my new contract with EE, I did indeed have 100GB per month for £20, but they had included a 15GB fair use limit when roaming in the EU. Since we want lots of data for when we are away, this was a complete show stopper. I've cancelled the upgrade and ordered a Vodafone SIM from mobiles.co.uk with the simple £50 cash back offer. I'm assuming that the cash back comes as a cheque later on? Anyway, when I spoke to the EE people, they said they couldn't remove the roaming limit and agreed that Vodafone was the better option!

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Millcourt

Millcourt Funster

Ratings:
    +9,220
    Thanks for this. Better than the convoluted redemption arrangements for getting £84 back! Just checked with the Mobiles.co.uk call centre. You still have to pay the £20 a month for the 12 month period of the contract (by Direct Debit), but this is effectively reduced to £15.83 with an automatic cashback of £50 paid after 38 days. Thought this too good to miss so have placed an order today!

Details at:

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-...[0]=12&filter_gift_group_expanded[0]=Cashback

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Neilfg

Neilfg Funster

Ratings:
    +2,279
    And another, just received the Vodafone 100Gb unlimited sim, whipped out the existing data sim from the mifi box popped this in and all works.

Off to Germany next week so will be testing in France and Belgium as well. Have cancelled the 50gb data only Vodadone sim and as 30 days notice period have that as a backup. Will test side by side as also have a spare Huawei mifi box (y)

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2