LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just returned to the van after another all you can eat BBQ. This time salmon sides done Gaucho style over a cherry wood fire. Damn good they were to. Loads of lovely salads and of course marinated pork steak, bratwurst and trout. The beer wasn't too bad either.
2nd BBQ 001.JPG
2nd BBQ 004.JPG
2nd BBQ 003.JPG
2nd BBQ 005.JPG
2nd BBQ 006.JPG

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its surprising how many interesting people you meet on your travels. We were sat with an elderly German couple last night at the BBQ, John and Kath @champers will know who I mean as they were their next door neighbours whilst they were here. They must be one of the most travelled motorhomers I have ever met, they have been just about everywhere in there N&B. The old lady does all the driving and its a big van, which I find quite amusing when they go to empty the black tank and he sits in his chair till she comes back. It turns out the she was a professional racing driver and he was her mechanic. They travelled the world racing and she knew the Brands Hatch racing circuit well and had raced there. They live about 200kms from here and spend all summer here at Reil, going home in October. A lovely couple who are still living the dream.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Just had a look at the webcam of the Bridge at Traben Trarbach
to see what the weather was doing :) Its surprising the number of Motorhomes going thru the view on the B53 !

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just had a look at the webcam of the Bridge at Traben Trarbach
to see what the weather was doing :) Its surprising the number of Motorhomes going thru the view on the B53 !
As long as they are all going home that’s fine.
Don’t want to arrive on the Mosel and find the shutters up because it’s full. :(

Richard.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Don’t want to arrive on the Mosel and find the shutters up because it’s full. :(

Richard.
Dont think there is much chance of that with the size and numbers of stellplatze there seems to be in such a short stretch :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Richard.

They wont be going home just yet. The biggest overland motorhome meet in Europe is on next weekend at Enkirch. The whole area will be buzzing to the sound of knobbly tyres pulling tarmac under them and big diesel engines. I can hardly control myself waiting :).

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Decisions have been made and the 0810 (if i sneak off work a bit early) and then off to somewhere between Cologne and Koblenz til Wednesday night. Thursday appears to be a shocker so will hold off going along the Moselle and find something to do for the day before heading to Riel (if i have understood this thread properly) for some of that cherry wood salmon or whatever it is he is cooking. Friday is to Bernkastel Kues or as close as we can get so we can stagger home from the wine festival Friday Saturday and possibly Sunday. After that it is a slow journey to Luxembourg/Trier til I have to get back on the Friday afternoon.

As with all other motorhoming decisions i reserve the right to change my mind a few times between now and the morning.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its a cold (18deg), damp sort of morning here in Reil. I will have to find a coat to fetch bread today.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Dont worry too much , I rang Frau Merkel and ordered nice weather for my visit :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It just gets better here. I went to the village shop this morning for bread and some stew beef for my bourguignon and some other bits and pieces. Am pondering about the wafer thin bacon that Johnny Foreigner has, as anyone knows you need a few rashers of good thick fatty bacon in your bourguignon. I ask the nice lady about bacon and she disappeared into the cold room at the back of the shop, reappearing with a slab of home cured bacon. Give me the slab says I with a big grin on my face :).

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Friday is to Bernkastel Kues or as close as we can get so we can stagger home from the wine festival Friday Saturday and possibly Sunday.
We're booked on the Knaus campsite Friday-Sunday - easy staggering distance to town, and on the right side of the river for getting home after the fireworks on Saturday night. Last year the campsite was full by the time we arrived Friday afternoon (which is why we booked), but they also had a large temporary stellplatz outside the gate.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Been looking at the weather apps and have to make a decision, do we continue east to the Mosel or south for some sun and warmth. Germany is looking rather cool so south of France is tempting.
Moving a bit closer to Luxembourg today so will put the decision off until tomorrow.

Richard.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Give me the slab says I with a big grin on my face :).
Dave, what's Deutsch for "Give me the slab" bitte? :LOL: No Googling. ;)

@tacr2man. The weather is looking good for our arrival, in about a week's time. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave, what's Deutsch for "Give me the slab" bitte? :LOL: No Googling. ;)

@tacr2man. The weather is looking good for our arrival, in about a week's time. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Haha Jock. I have no interest in learning or speaking German, my dear grandmother, a Jewess, would turn in her grave. If they cannot understand my English, they cannot have my cash. Its surprising how fast they learn to understand English in this situation :).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Haha Jock. I have no interest in learning or speaking German, my dear grandmother, a Jewess, would turn in her grave. If they cannot understand my English, they cannot have my cash. Its surprising how fast they learn to understand English in this situation :).
And I suspect any shopkeeper worth their salt can recognise the expression on a customer's face which can be translated as "he wants to buy what I am holding in my hand". :)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
been pondering on this one...Provence and v warm or mosel and Cool..Provence won

at least that was until we rechecked forecasts this morning and...looks like well be in the mosel area on Friday for a couple of weeks!!

assuming the weather doesn't change that is :whistle:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
been pondering on this one...Provence and v warm or mosel and Cool..Provence won

at least that was until we rechecked forecasts this morning and...looks like well be in the mosel area on Friday for a couple of weeks!!

assuming the weather doesn't change that is :whistle:

Lets not forget I think we have all had a fantastic summer regardless of where we have spent it. September is only a few days away and with it comes changeable weather. Am still in shorts, so its not that cold.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Lets not forget I think we have all had a fantastic summer regardless of where we have spent it. September is only a few days away and with it comes changeable weather. Am still in shorts, so its not that cold.
very true(y)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Darryl & Claire, we might see you about for a catch up then. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)
that sounds like a plan(y)
were thinking of going against the convention and doing north to south, so may well meet up somewhere in the middle :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
that sounds like a plan(y)
were thinking of going against the convention and doing north to south, so may well meet up somewhere in the middle :)
We are joining the Mosel at Trier........................................ and that's about it as far as planning goes.................for now. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Im planning Enkirch 30th ,Koblenz 4th , and then fluid till Trier 12th
so am sure to bump in to someone (not literally I hope :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Chunnel 5/9, arrive Trier 7/9 then 10 days on various stellplatz by Moselle but definitely will be headng for Reil ..................... gimme salmon! I want salmon! bring on the salmon! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back