brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Hope you all have a good time. We are on the Mosel...in a hotel in Trier....the Moho is in the compound of the Fiat garage waiting for the clutch to be dealt with. There’s a long waiting list, 5 motorhomes waiting on Tuesday. Mehring -not on the front row- was our last stop.
Still, lots of cycling and ruins to view.
Can you do a motorhome meet without a motorhome?!?

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi All,
We will be on the ferry 8th Sept, night at cite/euro, then on to Luxembourg and up the Moselle, Trier or Mehring then ?, hope to meet some Funsters on our travels.
Bill & Lynne

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We 3 motorhomes will be travelling through belgium to Germany early in September, hopefully not in convoy, I am the only one admiting to being a funster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Trust me... I don't have to get out of bed to chat to you young man. My bed area is fully equipped with modern communication devices... (y)

JJ :cool:

I cannot tell you how relieved I am to hear that. The thoughts of you being disturbed early morning on Skype with the camera on do not bear thinking about :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Damn, damn, damn. I have just been informed that the BIG wine festival is on this weekend in Reil. I thought that was the other weekend when @champers was here and we attempted to go through the card. This one is in the village proper, and all the wineries open there doors for food and wine Friday to Sunday. Wish me luck :whistle:.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Oh bummer we have missed that treat ...how will you manage to get through the card on your own ...too far for us to return at present alas ...just don't have that one rose again lol

Safe return journey...to the van after at least xxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just realised we are going to the Rhine :( my geography is crap lol, think they do join somewhere though. thank goodness for sat nav.
They do Sue, at Koblenz. :)

We are on the Mosel...in a hotel in Trier....the Moho is in the compound of the Fiat garage waiting for the clutch to be dealt with. There’s a long waiting list, 5 motorhomes waiting on Tuesday.
Sorry to heat that. Good luck getting the job done quickly, and at a reasonable price too. (y)

Damn, damn, damn. I have just been informed that the BIG wine festival is on this weekend in Reil.
Bu@@er, that was bad planning on our part, as we won't be able to get there in time for that. :doh:

Safe travels to all those making their way over. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
After getting a nice riverfront pitch at Mehring yesterday I opened the blinds this morning to discover that the Mosel had disappeared. Yes Really!!!!
Someone has parked a bloody great aircraft carrier right in front of us overnight. Didn't hear a thing, must be a 'stealth' ship.
IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
To add to the annoyance of losing our river view we sat eating breakfast with rain streaming down the windscreen.
What we forgot was that the roof light over the bed was wide open. Doh!!!
Slightly soggy bed now and no sun to dry it off. :(

Richard.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Having kept up with this thread so far, with a view to planning a trip next year, I can't believe how many funsters are over there now. Us girls were thinking of June to set off but this is simply to set a date for our diaries.
Any advice as to the best time to go?
(We have only been to Twin Lakes 2018 and northern/central France this year----and it rained both times!)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
After getting a nice riverfront pitch at Mehring yesterday I opened the blinds this morning to discover that the Mosel had disappeared. Yes Really!!!!
Someone has parked a bloody great aircraft carrier right in front of us overnight. Didn't hear a thing, must be a 'stealth' ship.
View attachment 251850

View attachment 251851

go on cut the ropes ,you know you want to

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Having kept up with this thread so far, with a view to planning a trip next year, I can't believe how many funsters are over there now. Us girls were thinking of June to set off but this is simply to set a date for our diaries.
Any advice as to the best time to go?
(We have only been to Twin Lakes 2018 and northern/central France this year----and it rained both times!)
Wendy we went in June and the weather was ok going back next week and hopefully the weather will still be good
Gary and Janet

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It puts it all into perspective @Clarky when the people on those cruisers spend upwards of £1000 per week to view motorhomes on the Mosel and we pay 60 Euros per week to view them :cool:.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Jeeeeeez

€60 per week...

Rather expensive, but not enough to need a lie down.

This is good because I have only just got up. :whistle:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Jeeeeeez

€60 per week...

Rather expensive, but not enough to need a lie down.

This is good because I have only just got up. :whistle:

Thats because you did not get your wakeup call this morning, sorry I forgot :).

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
go on cut the ropes ,you know you want to
Didn’t need to go to those lengths as we went for a stroll into the village and when we returned the SS Geriatric had reversed a fair bit and is now blocking the view of the next door stellplatz.
We watched as a load of the passengers disembarked and it looked like a day outing from a retirement home.
There was a smaller river cruiser moored behind and when that left the aircraft carrier took its place.
Glad to report that the Memsahib has her view back and is now happy. :D:D

Richard.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
the SS Geriatric had reversed a fair bit and is now blocking the view of the next door stellplatz.
We watched as a load of the passengers disembarked and it looked like a day outing from a retirement home.

A tad "ageist" surely?

Some folk dream of settling into a retirement home and then going on day trips to annoy youngsters... ;)

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
A tad "ageist" surely?

Some folk dream of settling into a retirement home and then going on day trips to annoy youngsters... ;)

Youngsters? We should be so lucky. :(
But compared with some of those struggling down the gangplank with their zimmers we might just qualify. :D:D

Richard.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We are heading over to the Moselle for a quick visit in 10 days time. We are using up a tunnel crossing before it goes out of date (frequent traveller) out from the UK Sat back the next Thursday ...........work!!!!!. Aim to get to Trier Sunday mid day where do you experts recon are good places to visit over 4 nights to get a bit of a flavour of the area so we can go back later and do a proper job.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Arrived 1505 today thurs , just managed to squeeze in , and they are still arriving non stop !!
Its surprising there are that many overland travel vehicles as you hardly ever see one on the road ?
@Snowbird might make it upto Reil Fri afternoon , on the scooter :) we are booked here till monday :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Do we need to get an umwelteplakette for this region? only just thought about it and now pannicking!!!!

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just remembered that I downloaded an app just before leaving home. It gives details of all the ‘Green Zones’ in Europe.
If you are coming to the Mosel via Belgium- Luxembourg there are no green zones to worry you.
There are green zones in Aachen, Koln, Bonn, Frankfurt in this part of Germany.

Richard.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Arrived 1505 today thurs , just managed to squeeze in , and they are still arriving non stop !!
Its surprising there are that many overland travel vehicles as you hardly ever see one on the road ?
@Snowbird might make it upto Reil Fri afternoon , on the scooter :) we are booked here till monday :)

As its the winefest here Fri till Sun, am just wondering which day would be best to Enkirch on the bike. Maybe Saturday would be best, what do you think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back