Mosel Meet. (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
93E45CAE-193F-492C-8483-7CEBF4FFB87F.jpeg Still room here at Reil on the Mosel.Chilly last night but sunny again now.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
At last we have made it to the Mosel.
Gave Trier a miss as we don’t do large noisy towns and moved on just a few km to Mehring.
Too late for a riverside pitch but are in the second row which will do for tonight.
Despite our weather fears the sun is shining and it’s 25c.
Whether we stay or move on tomorrow is yet to be decided.

Richard.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just had a lovely meal at the on-site restaurant.
Sitting outside on a lovely warm evening with great beer and a slab of beautiful rump steak that I couldn’t finish. Had a salad plonked down in front of me but I don’t do salad, particularly lettuce. I just have to admit it was scrummy.
Now back in the van and about to open a cheeky bottle of Jameson’s for a wee nightcap.
After a 40 year gap we’re quite enjoying Germany and we’ve only been here a few hours.

Richard.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Good , bright, warm(hot ) sunny day today but rest of week looks dodgy BUT there is the wine festival Fri, Sat and Sun.

Mines a nice dry Riesling

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We went to the Reil site yesterday. Yes there were pitches available but we couldn't find any available electric hood ups. Also no riverside pitches. We were impressed with the site and the town but decided to come back after we've visited Croatia, when its quieter. We went to Losnich where there were plenty of riverside pitches and electric hook ups. Water and toilet emptying facilities...8 euros. Quieter town but good value terraced restaurant 100yds away...3 course meal for 12 euros.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
We went to the Reil site yesterday. Yes there were pitches available but we couldn't find any available electric hood ups. Also no riverside pitches. We were impressed with the site and the town but decided to come back after we've visited Croatia, when its quieter. We went to Losnich where there were plenty of riverside pitches and electric hook ups. Water and toilet emptying facilities...8 euros. Quieter town but good value terraced restaurant 100yds away...3 course meal for 12 euros.
We arrived Monday but had to wait a night to get electrcity and riverside pitch.

Now set up for a few days

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Like others I checked the weather for a last time on Sunday night and changed plans to go to konstants for a few days. By the time we left to head for tunnel there was a complete change of heart and currently parked at Oradour-sur-Glane ........in the thunderstorms. ..... but we knew this was coming and Friday onwards should be warm/hot.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just a quick bit of info for those with ebikes that have not got electric hookup at Reil. There is a free ebike charging point located just under the Rathouse (townhall). Just across the road from Svens bar on the stelplatz. Some of these German stelplatz know how to set the job up for motorhomers.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

You should have said as I would have got one of the Germans to move. Sometimes they need reminding that they lost and we won :).

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're on the tunnel tomorrow night. Staying at Cite Europe, then deciding which way to go. Had intended on German Alps (maybe stopping at the Mosel on the way) and back up Romantische Strasse, but will look at the weather forecast on Friday morning before finally deciding. We may yet end up in France! Forecast is looking good for Germany for the next week, though.(y)
Nice to have the choice! :D:D:D

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We are still at Mehring and have bagged a riverside pitch as soon as someone moved this morning. Might stay for a couple more days then wander up (or is it down?) the Mosel towards Reil.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We're on the tunnel tomorrow night. Staying at Cite Europe, then deciding which way to go. Had intended on German Alps (maybe stopping at the Mosel on the way) and back up Romantische Strasse, but will look at the weather forecast on Friday morning before finally deciding.
We're on the tunnel tomorrow late afternoon and Cite Europe overnight too, before heading to Bernkastel-Kues for the weekend, then southwards to Bavaria, Austria & Switzerland...depending on the weather of course (y)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The trouble with those Mosel Stellplatz wotsits is that the visitors all wake up early, forget the hours time difference with Portugal, and phone up their mates (well before breakfast!) :whistle:

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The trouble with those Mosel Stellplatz wotsits is that the visitors all wake up early, forget the hours time difference with Portugal, and phone up their mates (well before breakfast!) :whistle:

Am trying to help with your new health and fitness regime. By getting you out of your playpen at a respectable hour and hoping you will take a brisk morning cycle ride as I do before breakfast. You may look on me as your personal trainer. My bill will follow in due course :). By the way.....How are the lettuce doing ?.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well just going to go out the door and head for Dover , Destination Enkirch eta 1500hrs on the 30th :)
@Snowbird

Hope you get on. Its filled up here in the last day or so. What van are you in in case I spot you over the weekend. We will be going up on the bikes. You cannot miss us if we are riding round, herself will be on her etrike carrying my beer in the rear basket :).

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Hope you get on. Its filled up here in the last day or so. What van are you in in case I spot you over the weekend. We will be going up on the bikes. You cannot miss us if we are riding round, herself will be on her etrike carrying my beer in the rear basket :).
In the RV as in the avatar so you wont have any trouble spotting me in the crowd :) I will keep an eye out for a overloaded E trike then :LOL:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're on the tunnel tomorrow late afternoon and Cite Europe overnight too, before heading to Bernkastel-Kues for the weekend, then southwards to Bavaria, Austria & Switzerland...depending on the weather of course (y)

We'll look out for you on Saturday morning! We'll be arriving late at Cite Europe on Friday. We're in a Hymer B 588 DL. You can't miss us - we've got a three-legged Dalmatian. What van are you in?

(that should read Friday morning :D)

Last edited:
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We'll look out for you on Saturday morning! We'll be arriving late at Cite Europe on Friday. We're in a Hymer B 588 DL. You can't miss us - we've got a three-legged Dalmatian. What van are you in?

(that should read Friday morning :D)
(y)
We're in a Bailey 625 with a couple of bikes on the back...hoping to get a fairly early start on Friday morning so we can start enjoying the wine festival in the afternoon;)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We are on the tunnel on the 5th, Cité Europe for the night after a swift visit to Lidl, then on to the Mosel the following day or day after for about a week before heading south to Spain.
Cheers
Ed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are on the tunnel on the 5th, Cité Europe for the night after a swift visit to Lidl, then on to the Mosel the following day or day after for about a week before heading south to Spain.
Cheers
Ed
Talk about The Long Way !

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
By getting you out of your playpen at a respectable hour

Trust me... I don't have to get out of bed to chat to you young man. My bed area is fully equipped with modern communication devices... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back