LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just found 2 on ebay. Nice classic boat and surprisingly little money.

So boat trailer with mods to mount a little bike - sorted.

Thats the problem Brian. If I had one bike or maybe two I could get round it. But I have cooks etrike, which is BIG, my Dutch Gazelle ebike, which is BIG and the Velo. I do have a pull out motorcycle rack on the bus, but I need the trailer for the other two bikes. If cook did not have her etrike I could adapt the pull out rack to fit the Velo and my bike, then tow the boat, but she will not give up her trike now. She is becoming very rebellious with advancing years and wont take no for an answer :rolleyes:.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
She is becoming very rebellious with advancing years and wont take no for an answer :rolleyes:.

We men have our cross to bear.

You are very close, surely the trike would fit on top of the boat.

Someone is selling a good trike on here right now, is it a folder ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006

Yes, we've stayed at Gorinchem previously, getting the last spot in amongst a load of Belgians on tour!

I'd considered MaasSluis - easy to get to from HoH without braving Rotterdam at rush hour, but I suspect it will be full.
I'd considered Alblasserdam, as we liked it but it seems to have gone "up-market".
We didn't like Dordrecht.

I was thinking of heading south (accepting the Rotterdam problem) to Stijensas, Ooltgensplaats or Oud Gastel with Brasschat, north of Antwerp as a "last resort" or possibly even Grimbergen (170km, 2h according to Google Maps BUT that involves the Antwerp ringroad), where the parking looks pretty spacious.

Or would it be better to head through Eindoven towards Luxembourg (380km, 4h30), stopping somewhere en route?

Thanks - Gordon

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We men have our cross to bear.

You are very close, surely the trike would fit on top of the boat.

Someone is selling a good trike on here right now, is it a folder ?

Its not a folder, but is custom built with Bosch crank drive. One hell of a piece of kit but she wont let me sell it and get a folding one. A folding one would solve my problem.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Yes, we've stayed at Gorinchem previously, getting the last spot in amongst a load of Belgians on tour!

I'd considered MaasSluis - easy to get to from HoH without braving Rotterdam at rush hour, but I suspect it will be full.
I'd considered Alblasserdam, as we liked it but it seems to have gone "up-market".
We didn't like Dordrecht.

I was thinking of heading south (accepting the Rotterdam problem) to Stijensas, Ooltgensplaats or Oud Gastel with Brasschat, north of Antwerp as a "last resort" or possibly even Grimbergen (170km, 2h according to Google Maps BUT that involves the Antwerp ringroad), where the parking looks pretty spacious.

Or would it be better to head through Eindoven towards Luxembourg (380km, 4h30), stopping somewhere en route?

Thanks - Gordon
It depends on where you are going after, or how long before going back ? @Rapido925M

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I've driven one of those, but the tracked version. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Thats the track marshal Jock. I had one and a field marshal. There predecessors were the Fowler steam engines. Marshals built the field and track marshals after Fowlers finished with steam.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Might this be your next mobile home
1949-LANZ-BULLDOG-TRACTOR-TOWING-CARAVAN.jpg

ticks all the boxes ? @Snowbird

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Might this be your next mobile home
View attachment 250704
ticks all the boxes ? @Snowbird

As you know there are lots of those old tractors pulling living vans around in Germany. I was going up to Zell the other day and half a dozen came trundling down the road. Even here in the village every winery and restaurant has an old tractor parked outside. I have never actually seen the old tractor and living vans parked up anywhere, they always seem to be on the move.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We continue our slow trundle towards the Mosel.
This morning we have travelled a whole 26 miles from Peruweiz to Thieu.
Now parked beside the canal with another four vans. Loads and loads of space in a very pleasant spot. Might stay for a couple of days.
At the present rate of progress we should make the Mosel before Christmas. :D

Richard.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
We continue our slow trundle towards the Mosel.
This morning we have travelled a whole 26 miles from Peruweiz to Thieu.
Now parked beside the canal with another four vans. Loads and loads of space in a very pleasant spot. Might stay for a couple of days.
At the present rate of progress we should make the Mosel before Christmas. :D

Richard.
Make sure you keep your elbows in come thursday morning :cool::LOL:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Then change the title to 'Including Stuff about Tractors'?....:)
"including Stuff about tractors , and some bits about getting there,
using Belgian Aires "

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Did a few days on the Mosel in early August,loved it, came home for a family wedding last weekend and on the Hull- Zeebrugge ferry on Sunday night. Any room for a little 'un (well 2 not so little ones, the other half and myself) from Monday evening?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Did a few days on the Mosel in early August,loved it, came home for a family wedding last weekend and on the Hull- Zeebrugge ferry on Sunday night. Any room for a little 'un (well 2 not so little ones, the other half and myself) from Monday evening?

There are some seriously big coaches here at Reil, its a big stelplatz so always room for another.

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Richard (Clarky) is there somewhere to empty waste & and fill up fresh water? We are currently at Redu near Euro space center, quite car park no facilities, we are thinking of visiting the centre tomorrow, and moving onto Peruweiz on Sunday.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
It depends on where you are going after, or how long before going back ? @Rapido925M

We're booked back on 6Oct (hospital appt!) and the plan, as much as there is one, is to look at the Black Forest/Lake Constanz area.

However, last time we visited Germany (Hanover) the plan was to do Cologne and the Rhine but we went to the Dutch coast instead!
Oh the joys of freedom.

Any suggestions please? Gordon

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Richard (Clarky) is there somewhere to empty waste & and fill up fresh water? We are currently at Redu near Euro space center, quite car park no facilities, we are thinking of visiting the centre tomorrow, and moving onto Peruweiz on Sunday.
Sorry, bit late as I’ve just seen your post.
I assume you mean Peruwiez? Didn’t find anywhere to dump grey but did empty the cassette down a manhole by the loos and showers. Water is available as long as you pay for hook-up too. €6 per night and the fellow that looks after the aire will unlock the bollard to give you access.

Richard.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Looking for a stopover on way to Croatia, does the place at Reil have on site toilets, whats it like for bars and restaurants in the area.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
We're booked back on 6Oct (hospital appt!) and the plan, as much as there is one, is to look at the Black Forest/Lake Constanz area.

However, last time we visited Germany (Hanover) the plan was to do Cologne and the Rhine but we went to the Dutch coast instead!
Oh the joys of freedom.

Any suggestions please? Gordon

Heres a possible , which ticks quite a few boxes in one trip ,
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/H...eb5f5c0!2m2!1d10.1867388!2d49.3801834!3e0!4e1
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/R...290ee3dc!2m2!1d4.1341847!2d51.9806322!3e0!4e1

Total of approx 1500miles :)
@Rapido925M

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Heres a possible , which ticks quite a few boxes in one trip ,
Total of approx 1500miles :)
@Rapido925M

Thanks. They seem just about spot on: 1500 miles in 3 and a bit weeks is eminently do-able! :D

I see you have recommended Eindhoven rather than Antwerp enroute to Luxembourg: is there a reason for that please?
Any thoughts about overnight stops along the way?

Having family just outside Hanover, we have traveled the E30 several times.

Thanks again - Gordon

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Thanks. They seem just about spot on: 1500 miles in 3 and a bit weeks is eminently do-able! :D

I see you have recommended Eindhoven rather than Antwerp enroute to Luxembourg: is there a reason for that please?
Any thoughts about overnight stops along the way?

Having family just outside Hanover, we have traveled the E30 several times.

Thanks again - Gordon
Antwerp and Brussels , I avoid like the plague , whenever I have been that way in last couple of decades I seem to get held up by jams :( . One good stop is Sinsheim , and/or Speyer with Technic Museum :) , several places along Mosel , Rothenburg . Hameln (Hamelin) For a start HTSH

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Have been monitoring the thread until we decided where we would be off to.
Catching an early tunnel Monday morning and no real plans have been made but furthest we are going in Konstance on the Rhine Falls side then a trundle back up Black Forest/Rhine towards Moselle area somewhere but also might just go straight to Bad Durkheim and then Bernkastel Kues for 1-3 September.
Obviously we wont be doing all of that in 12 days but dont know which part of Germany we will be doing.
Rollerteam 690 with MHF stickers front and rear.

Black Forest area has a tourist card and so does Saarland (not a very good one in comparison) Is there one of those tourist cards for the Moselle region and is it worth it ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back