Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (4 Viewers)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We have our own family business in Oswestry Shropshire,it is a very busy retail business dealing with the public full on all day every day.We are now in our 30th year and I have to say it has had a big affect on any holidays.it is very demanding what the public expect from you today.it has always been difficult for me and Jo to get even a weekend off:( but this year we are making the effort and taking more time off.anyone who is not running a business does understand the demands and stress that are put upon you.we employ 14 staff now which is a massive responsibility on its own.its impossible for us to close to take time out but I am now starting to find it easier to rely on my staff.But hats off to Eddie and his family for making his business work for him.Enjoy your holiday Eddie:). Back to the original post ,if a reversing camera ever stops us from going away I will give the hobby:cool: come on OP get real
Brian and Jo

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Right, here's where I swim against the tide. The reversing camera on my
4-month old Hymer packed up shortly after I took delivery of the vehicle. The supplier, (Premier Motorhomes of Chichester) have a replacement ready to fit whenever I can get to them.
The point is, I do not doubt my ability to reverse my vehicle on mirrors without a camera, having held a HGV licence. BUT, my insurance company insist on the vehicle being fitted with a reversing camera. AND, most of my trips are made alone, with no passenger to act as banksman.
I'm not making any comment on the fitter of the device being unavailable due to holiday. Just that I can understand that a camera can, in some circumstances, be essential rather than desirable.
Stef.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Elephant is kind of right (unfortunately) as an online business :(

I run a small company as well. A week off away from the phone and email? I'd love just a day off :)

I went as far as installing a PC in my van so at least I get a change of scenery :D (it's only monitoring emails, not a sob story)

Having said that, I don't blame you at all Eddie, I'm just jealous.

(and Eddie has a great rep, it will be sorted when he's available)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Right, here's where I swim against the tide. The reversing camera on my
4-month old Hymer packed up shortly after I took delivery of the vehicle. The supplier, (Premier Motorhomes of Chichester) have a replacement ready to fit whenever I can get to them.
The point is, I do not doubt my ability to reverse my vehicle on mirrors without a camera, having held a HGV licence. BUT, my insurance company insist on the vehicle being fitted with a reversing camera. AND, most of my trips are made alone, with no passenger to act as banksman.
I'm not making any comment on the fitter of the device being unavailable due to holiday. Just that I can understand that a camera can, in some circumstances, be essential rather than desirable.
Stef.
So what you're saying is, the camera packs in just after J10 on the M1 so you aren't insured from J10 onwards..... What are you supposed to do, leave it on the hard shoulder/pay for private recovery 'cos sure as eggs are eggs your breakdown Co won't recover you for a non functioning camera.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So what you're saying is, the camera packs in just after J10 on the M1 so you aren't insured from J10 onwards..... What are you supposed to do, leave it on the hard shoulder/pay for private recovery 'cos sure as eggs are eggs your breakdown Co won't recover you for a non functioning camera.

I think he will be OK with his insurance, unless he tries to claim for a smashed bumper when he reverses into a wall or post (not suggesting for one minute that he will)

Martin

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We have our own family business in Oswestry Shropshire,it is a very busy retail business dealing with the public full on all day every day.We are now in our 30th year and I have to say it has had a big affect on any holidays.it is very demanding what the public expect from you today.it has always been difficult for me and Jo to get even a weekend off:( but this year we are making the effort and taking more time off.anyone who is not running a business does understand the demands and stress that are put upon you.we employ 14 staff now which is a massive responsibility on its own.its impossible for us to close to take time out but I am now starting to find it easier to rely on my staff.

Sorry, are we supposed to feel sorry for you ?

How many folk walk to work in the winter to make minimum wage ?

You must be making decent money for all that effort, so suck it in and think of them who work harder, for les

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No

You must be making decent money for all that effort, so suck it in and think of them who work harder, for les
Tough world.... innit ?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well I think it is awful that folk cant get full 24 hrs service 7 days a week 12 months of the year... they are having a laugh holidaying enjoying themselves, after working all the hours God sends the rest of the year .. Blinking heck Eddie you are not allowed to enjoy yourself as well ..ok !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie, Lynn and family you deserve a medal for this ridiculous flak... enjoy your well earned holiday all .. looking forward to hearing some of the funny tales and seeing some pics too xxx

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

What the hell is the matter with you,I'm not looking for anyone,s sympathy especially not yours,I was merely stating how difficult it is to get time off when you have a business.:mad: And don't give me all that shite about walking to work on minimum wage cos I've done all that and the money doesn't come into it,any money that I have made has been made by honest hard work so think what you are saying before you post it on a public forum.
Brian & Jo

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

It's people running businesses that provide the jobs

If you think it's that easy............try it

:)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
What the hell is the matter with you,I'm not looking for anyone,s sympathy especially not yours,I was merely stating how difficult it is to get time off when you have a business.:mad: And don't give me all that shite about walking to work on minimum wage cos I've done all that and the money doesn't come into it,any money that I have made has been made by honest hard work so think what you are saying before you post it on a public forum.
Brian & Jo
Always said that anyone working the 40 hour week were very lucky to be only working part time.
Any working week less than 100 hours was lucky in my/our case.
On that basis slowing down at 45 was earned on the basis I've worked since 15 was the equivalent of 70 years in the workplace.
Money doesn't come into it, put in the graft and work and the money will come.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Spotted?

Broken Link Removed

Landing gear also available from Fammia.

Come on Eddie, spill the cocktails and get back to VanBits, I need t buy a 2A fuse and I cant wait,,, Typical Nigel running away when the things get tough,,

Seriously, hope your having a great time... I could look after Van Bits for you,

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
oh dear this has got a few nickers in a twist. happy hols to one and all.
I think the twisted knickers can be attributable to the barmy heatwave we're experiencing at the moment
Peoples tempers should calm when the temperature drops a bit

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I've ran my own businesses in the past ,yes I've done the 100 our weeks,the 36 hours straight etc ,I've even left the wife and kids on holiday to go back to the workshop to sort things out.

Even whilst employed and on holiday I get phone calls ,usually starting ,I'm really sorry I know your on annual leave , but can you just ????

The only answer is to switch off your business phone ,the emails will be still there when you get back

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I remain surprised as to why this open thread started. If there is a communication issue, use PM or telephone. If no response because of holidays, what is to be gained by shouting out in public?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I remain surprised as to why this open thread started. If there is a communication issue, use PM or telephone. If no response because of holidays, what is to be gained by shouting out in public?
Because when it started , it couldn't be seen as anything but a wind up , and actually reverse praise , if that's possible, but subsequent posts looks as if it is real , no pleasing some folks(n)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Because when it started , it couldn't be seen as anything but a wind up , and actually reverse praise , if that's possible, but subsequent posts looks as if it is real , no pleasing some folks(n)

I didn't read it as that - I read it as a public complaint that the company was on holiday, with the expectation that Eddie should get in touch. I didn't interpret any praise in the post.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
[Aside from the issue of the OP not wanting to drive without a reversing camera (their right to make that choice)]

Just wondering .....
If the company on holiday had been anybody other than VanBitz (or other Funster Favourites) would all of the replies have been the same? :whistle:
See the responses I had when I had a warranty problem with my hab door & the supplying company couldn't look at it for 6 weeks (everything up to and including the suggestion that I name and shame the company): :eek:
Broken Link Removed
I know the situation is a bit different, but there are some strange inconsistencies ..... o_O

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
I've done 40,000 miles motorhoming in Australia. The roads are wide, empty and straight. It's the easiest country in the world in which to motorhome. You can stop almost anywhere to overnight. If that is what you are used to, the contrast with trying to drive in the UK is stark. Actually pretty nerve-racking. Narrow lanes, cars parked everywhere and anywhere, blind corners, traffic jams. In such a situation I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting as much help as they can get. The response from our friend is also typical of Australians who are a great bunch of people.

An Australian road in the rush hour
DSCF1195.JPG

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Brian & Jo
You misunderstood what I meant, then got personal :(

Hmm, best walk away on this one ;)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Certainly not that many years ago even large companies up north would shut down for a period in summer,
that a hard working family business does the same I find perfectly acceptable even in this must have yesterday society!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back