Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
A small company having there summer holiday are surely entitled to it! You are on yours so why not them? And how does a lack of a reversing camera stop you using the Motorhome?
Get the missus out to check you back if needed,
I agree, I can't see how the lack of a reversing camera prevents anyone using their van. in a slightly different, but probably more important field, many commercial vehicles are fitted with reversing cameras nowadays but it would not (in DVSA eyes) prevent the vehicle from being used safely if the camera was not operating whereas a missing obligatory external mirror of course, would.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I didn't read it as that - I read it as a public complaint that the company was on holiday, with the expectation that Eddie should get in touch. I didn't interpret any praise in the post.
No see, I'm not that good with words, maybe should be tongue in cheek praise, reversing camera?(n) How much reversing is going to have to do where he can't see in his mirrors or even his mrs looking through the back window, makes no sense otherwise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
No see, I'm not that good with words, maybe should be tongue in cheek praise, reversing camera?(n) How much reversing is going to have to do where he can't see in his mirrors or even his mrs looking through the back window, makes no sense otherwise.

I couldn't work that out either. My thoughts about the reasoning for cutting short the holiday because of a lack of reversing camera are a muddle but it doesn't sound right.

Last edited:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I went 3 weeks without my reversing camera working we were going to the Dethleffs factory to get some work done to our van so I asked them to have a look at it.............all they had to do was turn it on :LOL: I had somehow turned it off .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Reversing camera, THAT's the wife........................

Indeed... Still don't just rely on camera. How did I ever manage for previous 25 years I wonder! German, French summer shutdowns legendary....someone needs to get over themselves :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
[Aside from the issue of the OP not wanting to drive without a reversing camera (their right to make that choice)]

Just wondering .....
If the company on holiday had been anybody other than VanBitz (or other Funster Favourites) would all of the replies have been the same? :whistle:
See the responses I had when I had a warranty problem with my hab door & the supplying company couldn't look at it for 6 weeks (everything up to and including the suggestion that I name and shame the company): :eek:
Broken Link Removed
I know the situation is a bit different, but there are some strange inconsistencies ..... o_O

I don't see a clear comparison here. You did not come out naming the company and expecting a response while the guys were on holiday. I don't have any dealings with Eddie but if I had a complaint like that, I wouldn't start off a three by pi$$ing him or anyone else off.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This could be ED

115_zps9hcwfq1k.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This could be ED

115_zps9hcwfq1k.jpg

Nooooooo...I meet Eddie at a motorhome show once and he def was not wearing ladies gold pendent jewelery....But times change! Live and let live I say!:)

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I must of always been lucky and caught them when they weren't on holiday, and always found them helpful.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Think you'll find that's velour darling..

EXACTLY! I was to shy to comment. the man's sexual orientation nothing to do with moi!:LOL:

After reading through the first few pages this tread makes little sense. if such an issue why would you contact Waeco agent and not get work done even if it meant claiming back from installer if problem not with the kit...something very fishy going on here!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
EXACTLY! I was to shy to comment. the man's sexual orientation nothing to do with moi!:LOL:

After reading through the first few pages this tread makes little sense. if such an issue why would you contact Waeco agent and not get work done even if it meant claiming back from installer if problem not with the kit...something very fishy going on here!
Still can't see it's not a wind up somehow

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I don't see a clear comparison here. You did not come out naming the company and expecting a response while the guys were on holiday. I don't have any dealings with Eddie but if I had a complaint like that, I wouldn't start off a three by pi$$ing him or anyone else off.
..... hence "I know the situation is a bit different, but there are some strange inconsistencies ..... o_O"
All I'm trying to say is that, whatever the rights & wrongs here, wouldn't it have been more in the spirit of MHF to be helpful to a motorhome beginner by (for example):
  • pointing out that VanBitz-type holidays are normal and therefore acceptable
  • suggesting what the OP could do meanwhile eg find another approved installer (if that's right - I don't know)
  • giving a few tips on how to use a banksman (assuming that the passenger is able to act as one)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I guess that puts you about an hour away from my brother who lives just outside Brisbane :)

14 hours by car just to the Border! almost 2 hrs by Jumbo jet!

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
I am also self employed and when I take time off work for holidays I also close my business down. But I still have to answer emails.
Did you just call Vanbitz and got no answer, or have you tried to email them.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've never needed a reversing camera. Oh no, not me :)

Well, not until I saw a lovely free space appear today and noticed some of them Germans eyeing it up.

I hadn't unpacked, so just jumped back in and reversed out at lightning speed. That space was mine - woo hoo :)

Why can't these bloody Spanish trees understand the lingo :(

Attachments

• 20150731_203715.jpg
    20150731_203715.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 148

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I've never needed a reversing camera. Oh no, not me :)

Well, not until I saw a lovely free space appear today and noticed some of them Germans eyeing it up.

I hadn't unpacked, so just jumped back in and reversed out at lightning speed. That space was mine - woo hoo :)

Why can't these bloody Spanish trees understand the lingo :(
Am I the only one that likes the reg plate? FK U :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back