Here we go again!!!! The bring and buy music festival 2014 (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A big THANYOU to Nicki & Paul, other Marshalls & all the others who worked so hard to make this a fantastic meet, Amanda is still smiling :):):)

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Home safe and sound. We would like to say a big thanks to everyone for a great weekend - except the cooks and management of the Cotton Arms!

I hope Paul can run this rally again next year, preferably somewhere else! The management don't deserve our business or company.

Ginny

Thanks for that. I know that this year’s meet was not without its problems. However, most of them problems came the way of me to defend, starting of course with the watertrail owners club providing unnecessary grief and rudeness on our arrival.
The theme pretty much continued throughout the weekend. Joe has always gone out of his way to try and make us welcome and for us to be allowed to enjoy ourselves but it must not be underestimated; a meet of funsters of this proportion is a difficult thing to handle for ANY venue, especially a country pub.
Face facts, we are not the usual “normal” run of the mill bed by ten motorhome club. We have a lot of members that like to have a laugh and let their hair down. I doubt the “Cotton” has had too many groups of people that take over the pub, dance on tables and play loud music to the early hours. In the Village of Wrenbury Graham and I had a chuckle when we were referred to by one of the locals as “The White Plague” and one of the locals had actually come down to have a look at this “plague”.

I know Julie appeared rather stressed out over the weekend and that some of the way’s that people were addressed was not appropriate and on some occasions had me wandering if in fact the pub thought they were doing us a favour by allowing us to host a rally there. Julie’s stress no doubt came from the fact that they had 2 parties in the hall both weekends, they had a Bowling do in the pub on Sunday lunch time. Julie did come over to my van on Saturday night (or Sunday am) and was visibly upset after telling some funsters to turn the music off to be told something that upset her (I won’t go in to that) and explaining to me how she will have to reply to the council on Monday morning when the locals complain.

Some things do work both ways mind, I know that on occasions for the first time in running a meet, Nikki and I felt that for some (not the majority) we were there to serve up a weekend for which they would not put any effort in to. I lost count of how much rubbish Myself Mike Carol and other marshals picked up over the weekend that was just left laying around. Someone had even used Nikki’s nice Ikea bag that she used to carry the cocktail making stuff in as a rubbish bag when there was a bag right next to it. They had thrown something in to it which had broken one of Nikki’s posh Jugs. The rubbish placed in the trailer was ridiculous, I trawled the site informing people to use a black bag (or lilac in one case) tied neatly and placed in to the trailer and asked that others tell others should they see anyone going to the bin I even offered people black bags to do so. When I left last night the trailer was filled with old untied supermarket bags and someone even thought it appropriate to get rid of an old table they didn’t want. Sadly Graham had to handball all this rubbish in to the appropriate bins this morning (thanks Graham).
I know the band were put out on Saturday night with the behaviour of the landlady but that could of been avoided by telling the band what time they could play the pub, no mention of this was made when the band were setting up and I wasn’t given a time but evidently it interfered with the locals meal time. Obviously speaking to them they were quite upset and stated they wouldn’t play the pub again.

HOWEVER
For most the feedback this weekend has been very positive from most people. I know that Joe has told Graham that he hopes we come back and I am sure has been made aware of the issues.
Also; the majority of people had a really good time and really enjoyed themselves and find the concept of the bring and buy a great way to get to meet others knowing that they have to get out of their van.
We also raised a phenomenal amount for our charities and should be proud of that. We are not a financial organisation events business and alike, we have always attempted to make sure we organise a meet where others have a good time including ourselves and a charity gets a payout. I think we succeeded and Nikki and I won’t be downhearted by some of the negative things heard and witnessed, and concentrate on more of the positive outcomes of which there were many.
I am sure we will run the meet next year despite saying never again but we tend to do that every year anyway. Where the meet happens may be up for negotiation but if it was to be at the Cotton I would have to insist on a weekend where we could have exclusive use of the hall for the weekend, that’s of course if we are allowed back.

Haggers
AKA Paul & Nikki

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Huge thank you marshmallows... one of the best meets ever regardless of minor probe which can be expected anywhere. fabulous time fabulous company fabulous music.... and the photos will prove who behaved and who didn't :):):):) No WiFi connection and I can't now stop predictive text .. sorry. Brilliant... didn't want to leave and nearly had to be dragged away screaming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The bird has landed after a great weekend. Thanks to all who helped make this one of the best meets on the calender. No grumbles whatsoever at this end. I have a busy week ahead after a busy weekend, so am off for a lie down now.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for a cracking weekend - weather was brill, good company new and old friends alike. Only had one pint in the Cotton Arms but quaffed several in the other pub, plus we had a meal which was very enjoyable.

Got rid of a few items and made a few bob. Thanks John(Jaws) for putting me right about the value of my model B Avo. Withdrawn from sale - it will be on ebay as soon as we get homeo_O

Now ensconced on a CC&C site in deepest Derbyshire.

Thanks again one and all for a great weekend.

Ken, Lynda & Jess (y)(y)(y)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
What an amazing weekend :) thanks to Paul & Nikki and your supporting cast of marshalls for the hard work you all put into organising such a successful massive meet, well done to you all, and special thanks to the superb and very talented entertainment team who provided us with top class music all weekend (y) priceless :clap::clap::clap:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Home after a 5 hour trip, great weekend meeting friends old and new.
A big thank you to Paul & Nikki, the marshalls and of course all the entertainers for their hard work.
Very grateful to Paul & John for taking the time to tackle our problematic fridge on thursday, unfortunately a fix was not possible but we were inundated with offers of spare capacity in other funster's fridges for our food (big thanks Jan & Dek) and a big bucket of water kept the wine & beer nicely chilled.
Pat & Trish

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Back home safe and sound. Small delay on M1 northbound but nothing serious.
Thanks again Nikki and Paul

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Great weekend - many thanks to Paul & Nikki, all the marshals and the many and assorted musicians! Difficult to get in the pub on the Sat night but enjoyed what we heard until the landlady was rude (twice!) to one of our party and we left. :( Sunday night in the hall was really rocking. (y)

Special thanks to Amanda for hosting the Rummikub sessions. :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Home safe and almost well (y) A big thanks to everyone(y)not going into naming names(too many) just a big thanks :) guess who drove off with the sluice open in the loo ? After about 6 miles it dawned on me that farmers cannot be spreading Sfft everywhere but by then my van stunk --copious amounts of air freshener helped but it was too late it was already in the back of my throat
terry

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What a stonker of a weekend!

Thanks Paul, Nikki & everyone else who put in the hours of hard work to make it just perfect.

We thoroughly enjoyed playing our 4-hour (!!) set on Saturday night in the pub and only found out afterwards why there were so few of our Funster friends in there. Thank you everyone who carried on singing and dancing (on the tables!! again!!) making it a great night for us and I'm sorry that there were some who were made to feel unwelcome. WE WANTED YOU!!!

Anyway - onwards & upwards!

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y)(y)(y) Hurray.....we have batteries and a wi-fi signal. On our way to Southport via Britstop.
Many Many thanks to everyone involved for all the hard work and effort.
;);) Yes it was all worth it Paul and look forward to the next one.
Everyone we spoke to said they had a brilliant time . Special people make special events and this one was very special..................even the cavorting pensioners:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We've had a real blast and enjoyed ourselves immensely although I am now completely knackered.
This is always a very well organised rally so thanks to Paul and Nikki and the marshals for making sure this weekend was no different.
I'm looking forward to next year already, wherever it may be.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just fired up laptop so wanted to say thanks for a brilliant weekend - it was worth all your hard work Paul and team - we had a fantastic time. The Uke workshop sessions were a winner with me, and meeting all those new friends, having lovely neighbours and putting faces to user names (even though I have forgotten most of them already......) was fantastic.

Will book for next year, wherever it is - Haggars meets are the best bar none! xx

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks Paul and Nikki and everyone involved, had a great weekend and last night in the hall was a brilliant end to the weekend. (y)

Never went in the pub, so no complaints, but the fish and chips we would not have again. (n)

How lucky are we to have so many talented musicians. (y)
Great weekend. :) ;) Bob and Janie

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Must add my thanks to everyone, Paul, Nikki, the marshals and all the funsters for what is the best rally in the calendar. The hard work is appreciated, we had a great time. The format gets everybody out and mingling, the musicians put on a great show and the organisers keep it all moving along.
Odette and Norman (y)

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Wow, what a great introduction to the Funsters Motor Home Club ! As new members we were impressed and surprised at the effort that went into a fabulous weekend at The Cotton Arms. Thanks to Paul & Nicky, the Marshall's and all who assisted in their professional organisation of all events and bacon butties ! The Charity Support was impressive and all the musicians were entertaining, enthusiastic and talented. We got on well with every member we met and were made very welcome. This means at the next rally we attend we can call those we have met by their names. A special thanks to Terry for his untiring efforts in putting right some problems we had - a genuine guy ! Finally the finale on Sunday was great, had a fab time in The Pavilion with as previously mentioned, some first class entertainment. We had to leave early this morning when many of you were not out and about but were able to wave to those who were. Kind Wishes, Ron and Jeanette

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Just like to say thank you to Paul Niki and the Marshalls for looking after us and to everyone kind enough to pass our Daughters message on. We did message her on arrival but did not realise the signal was non existent until the following morning, it was a mad dash down the road to phone her lol. Really enjoyable once again, except for the flipping weather still we can't do anything about that lol. Our only problem was that wonderful Cock-a-Doodle Doo singing full voice from 4am every day except Saturday, it was so dark on Sat that he sang to us as soon as the clouds started to break up lol. Next year top of field out of way please so it don't wake the kids us as they can't get back to sleep - neither can we. Thank you fr the Sunday night entertainment in the pub hall, we could not stay long unfortunately cause the kids were tired but we thoroughly enjoyed the 3/4 hour we spent there. Hope everyone had a safe journey home, take care see you around sometime

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Well this really is the best meet of the year. Niki, Paul and everyone else involved did a excellent job and deserve a big pat on the back.
Saturday night in the pub was the best to date.
It was almost like a mini fix it meet, with Terry removing and refitting a leaking Heki. And Jaws and son repair cruise control and a redesign of the the motor cycle carrier.
Roll on next year.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Many thanks to Paul Nikki and the marshals for a fabulous weekend. A big thanks too to all the musicians and the "Funnettes". You were wonderful. We had a great time meeting friends old and new, so thanks to all funsters for being a fantastic bunch of people. Looking forward to the next one ,where ever it may be .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We've had a real blast and enjoyed ourselves immensely although I am now completely knackered..

I'm not at all surprised, you were certainly going for it. Though I was surprised just how good you all were, that was some performance. I reckon you can charge a lot more for the next booking.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Don't know what more I can add to what's been said, thanks to everyone who had anythink to do with organising this, only my 3rd meet but now getting to know more and more funsters,
Thanks

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Its so sad to hear this we always enjoy this meet and hope that we conducted ourselves well (except me shouting at the kids lol), I did not have a lot of rubbish as we ate out most times but it was tied up in bags and placed on the trailer mostly crisp packets drinks cartons etc, when Graham was doing the rubbish Dan shouted that someone had left a broken chair. We are not good mixers in crowds but always love to speak when people talk to us and possibly talk too much then, I have to say we met some lovely people this weekend and it was nice to see Funsters we had met on previous occasions. All I can say is that you do a fab job I raise my glass to you all and hope that you carry on with The Bring and buy so on behalf of Rog, Lauren Dan & myself a BIG THANK YOU.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I'm not at all surprised, you were certainly going for it. Though I was surprised just how good you all were, that was some performance. I reckon you can charge a lot more for the next booking.

We had a very limited opportunity to rehearse as the band only got together at Wrenbury and only had a couple of hours on Friday to go through the set for the first time. We had a cunning plan in case the wheels came off and people weren't happy: we planned to refund their admission fee for the Sunday night gig!
Fortunately Funsters are notorious for inability to hear mistakes and balls-ups in live music and we got away with it. :whistle:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:Smile:Thanks to All for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

Specifically Nikki Paul, and the splendid army of
Marshalls and complaint Handler.
(Would you argue with him??????????????????):rofl:
The charity hopefully did well and it was a pleasure to see
the spirit with which most approached the break.

Rog & Gran got revenge on the Rooster
(Don't they run well when pursued by a dog)
and there were a few feathers here & there.

For my own part had four great meals in the pub
and no complaints at all.

Thanks to friends old & new & see you around we hope.

Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile::wink::wink:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Paul, Nikki and the brilliant Marshalls .. Jag, Jaygee and Drago we had a ball but JonShell there were defo 1 other if not another boomie box going at the time if you do recall :rofl::rofl:, but all was quiet within a moment of being asked to sshhh .. there were several folk that had a strange reception at the pub ref to seating and meals but we only had a fish n chips takeaway which was very tasty we have to admit at a good price...

Buttt the fun was really down to Paul n Nikki who thought and catered for everything , cocktails, and bacon butties with the fees of the butties going to the 2 charities selected which raised an amazing amount !

Satuday nite at the Pavilion ...wow what great entertainers we have ...thank you all ! , sorry we missed Steve , Janine n Barrie playing but understood it began later than it did ... Rex what a brilliant voice you sneako lolol , please sing more often!
Again sorry that Jim and family had not been able to attend at the last moment who had been looking forward to attending .. Gremlins at work again, hope things are improving .. brilliant time again .. look forward to the next time where ever it is xx

John n Kath xx
ps to Dave Snowbird for the complimentary bottles of vino x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back