Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Been let down with the delivery of my new bike.
I was hoping to have booked my planned tour of Picos regeion but the new bike wont be here unless i accept it minus one of the accessories it should come with.
So i was thinking, my new trailer a Motolug has a safe carrying capacity of 350Kgs. I know they always work on a safety factor of X-1.
My Goldwing has a kerb weight of 385Ks, would you, should i chance the additional 35Kgs of the Wing on the trailer and take that.
Love to hear your thoughts.
I could accept the delivery of the new bike of course.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
You've lit the blue touch paper there! You'll get some interesting replies. Can they not fit the final accessory when you come back? Have a ride to your local weighbridge and see what the 'wing really weighs first. Then make your mind up. The 'wing is a big old bus around some of those Picos hairpins. But extremely comfortable I presume.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
You've lit the blue touch paper there! You'll get some interesting replies. Can they not fit the final accessory when you come back? Have a ride to your local weighbridge and see what the 'wing really weighs first. Then make your mind up. The 'wing is a big old bus around some of those Picos hairpins. But extremely comfortable I presume.
Thanks Dave. Yes they can and offered that. However i'm a bit fussy and wanted the complete bike to be delivered.
The hairpins on the Picos are not an issue for me and the Wing. Done some hairy stuff on it thus far and know the Picos well.
And yes very comfy. Put the cruise control on and have a kip. :LOL:

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
This is the plate on the trailer. Confusing or what?
20230331_140529.jpg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Been let down with the delivery of my new bike.
I was hoping to have booked my planned tour of Picos regeion but the new bike wont be here unless i accept it minus one of the accessories it should come with.
So i was thinking, my new trailer a Motolug has a safe carrying capacity of 350Kgs. I know they always work on a safety factor of X-1.
My Goldwing has a kerb weight of 385Ks, would you, should i chance the additional 35Kgs of the Wing on the trailer and take that.
Love to hear your thoughts.
I could accept the delivery of the new bike of course.
Go for it, had a 5t mini digger on a 3.5t trailer and towed it with a Vito van😁😁😁

Or even hire an enclosed trailer for the time you are away?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
From a logical/unemotional perspective, is the missing accessory really a ‘must have’ for you to use the new bike on your trip? If not, I would have it fitted on your return. I wouldn’t exceed the max trailer weight, but then I’m a bit risk averse there (equipment failure, accident, insurance etc).

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
From a logical/unemotional perspective, is the missing accessory really a ‘must have’ for you to use the new bike on your trip? If not, I would have it fitted on your return. I wouldn’t exceed the max trailer weight, but then I’m a bit risk averse there (equipment failure, accident, insurance etc).
The bit they cannot fit until they get the kit is not going to effect the performance of the bike.
And a normal person would accept it as is and let them fit the missing bit at a later date, but as i've said i'm not normal.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Of course there’s always the chance if you accept bike as is they will be lax in supply & fit of accessory at a later date, whereas if you don’t accept delivery they will make sure accessory comes in and is fitted as they want the space the bike s taking up!
As to weights of bike and trailer…..I haven’t a clue!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I can’t see a problem with trailer capacity, doesn’t it show 50kg hitch weight and 670kg axle weight.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
My motto was if it fits on the trailer then it’s going down the road and I was in an artic and trailer🤣

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would think that the 50kg is the nose weight and the 670kg the max weight loaded.
Would that include the weight of the trailer too though?

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure we're all intrigued to hear what this missing accessory is ... do they do fluffy dice for bikes? :giggle:
When I worked in operating theatres, the light-hearted term for “bikers” was “donors”. Perhaps the accessory is a bluetooth organ donor card. (Just introducing a note of levity). 🪖

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Been mentioned many many times.
The fixing kit for the spot/fog lights.
There you are, up to date.:LOL:
Where is it mentioned specifically? Just a kit but not what it is.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not sure what you are asking?
You said it had been mentioned many times, a kit had been but not what the kit was, you hadn't said it was a spot/fog light kit... I thought it might be a fluffy dice kit.😄

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Sorry Minxy post 18 says for spot/fog lights.(y) and i think it's been mentioned in other threads.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry Minxy post 18 says for spot/fog lights.(y)
Yes but that was after my original #13 fluffy dice comment. Do try to keep up! 😄

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Been mentioned many many times.
There you are, up to date.:LOL:
if it was me Bob i would take the new bike and enjoy it on these roads. Yes its disappointing not having the extra lights on but I think you will also be disappointed not having the new bike with you after most likely looking forward to the trip for so long.

ride safe and enjoy mate (y)(y)

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
if it was me Bob i would take the new bike and enjoy it on these roads. Yes its disappointing not having the extra lights on but I think you will also be disappointed not having the new bike with you after most likely looking forward to the trip for so long.

ride safe and enjoy mate (y)(y)
I have told them to deliver it. Coming on Thursday.............if they don't make other excuses not to.
I'm not a happy Bobby.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I have told them to deliver it. Coming on Thursday.............if they don't make other excuses not to.
I'm not a happy Bobby.
think thats the right move bob. Now just enjoy those fantastic roads (y) (y)

Am planning a trip on the bikes with my son for next year around the Black Forest and a few twisty passes.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
think thats the right move bob. Now just enjoy those fantastic roads (y) (y)

Am planning a trip on the bikes with my son for next year around the Black Forest and a few twisty passes.
Now i know it's coming i can book my Picos trip and not need to worry about taking the Goldwing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back