LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Yeah I think thats the point, we all knew more people were going to be contracting it, so was soemwhat expected, but being protected by the vaccine keeps more folk walking around.

I can see why some countries still may stop us going in if there own vaccine programme isnt up to speed, then they will be badly affected.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Good question, but there's no direct answer at coronavirus.data.gov.uk. However, you can more-or-less work it out given the ONS figures here. The ONS claims that

• If you just look at Delta, and assume 50/50 Pfizer/Astra, then double vaccination reduces the risk of testing positive by about 67.5%. If the unknown risk of testing positive is r, then the double-vaccinated therefore have a risk of 0.325r, while the rest of us have a risk of r
  • The current postive test rate is 454.5 cases per 100K people. This is a rolling 7-day number, taking into account today's figure of 52000 cases
  • Assume a population of 100K people, and that 80% of the population is double-vaccinated, so 20% is not double vaccinated
To get a rate of 454.5 we have:

(0.8 * 100K * 0.325r) + (0.2 * 100K * 1r) = 454.5

So r is 454.5/46000 = 0.00988. So, out of those 454.5 people, about 257 were double-vaccinated, and 198 weren't. In other words, about 57% of people who randomly test positive are actually double jabbed. I think. Corrections welcome.

This sounds bad, but only because most people have been double-vaccinated, and there aren't many of the others left.

Besides, no-one really cares about positive tests - what matters are hopitalisations and deaths. For deaths, the important figure is for 'breakthrough deaths' - people who test positive 14 or more days after a second jab, and subsequently die of Covid. These people have a median age of 84, and form only about 0.5% - 1.2% of all Covid deaths, depending on gender/etc. In short, you're pretty unlikely to die of Covid if you've had 2 jabs and not tested positive within 14 days of the second.
All sounds simple. My father 87 double jabbed, second in January 2021. Caught Covid August passed 23rd August. So is the jab failing after 6 month, It appears so. Keep safe everyone get jabbed and keep on living life to the full (With masks on the bus and shops)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
If you test positive they just chuck you overboard :laughing:
nahh if you jump in an an inflatable boat and overload it with with all your mates you'll be taken on board a luxury vessel and dropped of at your intended destination.(y) that goes without saying though that you have thrown away your passport and practise speaking in the style of Fernando Alonso.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Left UK in September and spent some time in France and now in Spain.

France really seem to have got their act together. You need a Covid pass to enter most places and a mask.

Spain is a bit more relaxed but a mask seems to be the norm.

Not looking forward to returning to Pembrokeshire where Covid cases have shot through the roof.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
What faith people have in a Jab!
Common sense should prevail, keep away from Humans at all costs that's why I use a motorhome always have.
However with that very useful inflation due to money printing coming through and flue season around the corner, could be a great deal of space to be had, especially with 50hour waits in AE. New developments few new hospitals and staff demotivated and under valued, health passes value could be just a flickering shadow on the wall!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its my fault ... yes I admit it, I have caused this ... simply because we dared to plan to be away this winter and as with loads of things at present this is another that looks like it has gone up the creek! :crying:

Signed ... totally p*ssed off from E Yorkshire! :devil:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have just returned from Spain yesterday. They are much stricter than us and wearing masks is mandatory in supermarkets etc.
We have taken a much too lassez faire attitude in covid matters and are now paying the price. The figures show that older people take it much more seriously than the young.
Bans will ensue and I don’t blame countries for banning us.
Phil

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Reading through this and many other threads on the subject.

What's for sure is that coronavirus and how we react to it is as divisive as a little vote we had 5 years back.

People, refusing to engage with the unvaccinated, people demanding that even those that are scared half to death are physically removed from the work place or living life.

People questioning why and who and where people should wear a mask..

I'm currently in Portugal, and it's lovely and relaxed. Many people choosing to wear masks and many not.
The headline to this thread is misleading, it seems to imply this is Morrocos response to the UK. It isn't, its too other countries as well.
They have every right to do so, as do we if we choose to and we have done.

I think that suavecarve has nailed it with the use of statistics, its what we should be going with.

My opinion matters not, what I do know is there's a massive division within our country right now, even some fanatical views. Its really sad.

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
That happened to us in 2020 but it was the camps that were closed not just the Brits chucked out. If you’ve been double stabbed and are covid free why would they chuck you out?

Because you can still catch Covid and die. You can also give Covid to others and they could die.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Because you can still catch Covid and die. You can also give Covid to others and they could die.
That is going to be the case for the rest of eternity.
Some want to live their lives. Others are happy to just exist. Some want to hide away. Others want to have rules imposed on them.
We’re all different.
You want to socially distance? Wear a mask? Stay at home? Go for it. I don’t care what you want to do. When you start dictating what I or others do though, that’s a different story.

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
That is going to be the case for the rest of eternity.
Some want to live their lives. Others are happy to just exist. Some want to hide away. Others want to have rules imposed on them.
We’re all different.
You want to socially distance? Wear a mask? Stay at home? Go for it. I don’t care what you want to do. When you start dictating what I or others do though, that’s a different story.

I didn't say I wanted to dictate what you or others do, I merely answered your question for you, my apologies if you did not like the answer.

Thank you for not caring about whatever my thoughts might be.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I didn't say I wanted to dictate what you or others do, I merely answered your question for you, my apologies if you did not like the answer.

Thank you for not caring about whatever my thoughts might be.
Sorry, we’re getting at crossed purposes here. I’m just pointing out that just because we can still catch Covid and this will always be the case forever. Then constantly closing things, places, putting restrictions on people etc are not and will never get rid of it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We sail on 28th Dec so 🤞 but someone did say we test more than anyone else so find cases whereas other countries might have cases but don’t know?
Its not the total number of recorded cases which matters but the estimate of what proportion of the population has the virus. The more tests carried out the more accurate this figure will be but it can still be estimated from a smaller number of tests.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Its not the total number of recorded cases which matters but the estimate of what proportion of the population has the virus. The more tests carried out the more accurate this figure will be but it can still be estimated from a smaller number of tests.
Absolutely, were testing so much more than any other European country so bound to find a higher percentage of positive cases.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The campsites with the appropriate license stayed open and all you needed was your own sanitary facilities and no one was chucked out .
Well obviously ours didn’t. I was there and know what happened.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I’m on the train next Friday then straight down to Spain… that’s if my new passport gets here…😳🤞🏼
Good luck Garry Just smiffy I had a flyer with mine, five working days and a nice new shiny blue one turned up. 👍

0A14961D-43CF-4F09-8466-5F1B5E1F61BE.jpeg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Absolutely, were testing so much more than any other European country so bound to find a higher percentage of positive cases.

Well certainly a higher number if not a percentage. We do have a rising number but very, very few are going to hospital. The vaccines must be working 🤞🤞👍🏻.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Its my fault ... yes I admit it, I have caused this ... simply because we dared to plan to be away this winter and as with loads of things at present this is another that looks like it has gone up the creek! :crying:

Signed ... totally p*ssed off from E Yorkshire! :devil:

You are not alone Mel...

...I would be totally pissed off if I could not escape from Kingston-upon-Hull for winter(or any other time) ;) :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back