Will Spain ban us next??? (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Thank you Suavecare. I am very interested in the data, particularly the comparison between countries. Our positives show so high compared to others but very interesting to see how we compare in terms of those with serious illness and hospitalisations. The news and newspapers just don’t seem interested in reporting this kind of thing preferring to ramp things up.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Absolutely, were testing so much more than any other European country so bound to find a higher percentage of positive cases.

Nope, it doesn't work like that. If they test a million people and get 500 positives they can say with some certainty the rate is 500 per million.

However if only 10, 000 people are tested and they get 5 positives then they can also say the rate is 500 per million - but with a greater margin of error due to the smaller sample size.

It was Trump who said their rate was high because they were testing too many people. Mathematical nonsense to be blunt. :)

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Yes, probably not! But most of the guys on this site will have seen men walk straight from the urinal to to door - or worse, from the toilet to the door.

Toilet doors are probably the second most bacteria-laden items in the world.

The first being a Youth Hostel dish-cloth. :oops:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've gone back to mask wearing in all public places unless eating or drinking
I never stopped mask wearing - but it's still compulsory in Scotland in enclosed spaces.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What do you find patronising re the comment some just want to exist? Some people are quite happy to stay home not going anywhere doing nothing.
It’s not for me but just because some are happy to stay at home doesn’t mean they’re wrong to do that.
I know a couple that are happy doing just this. They never eat out, never go to the pub, when they’re away in their motorhome they take all their own food and drink with them. They just go to organised events but don’t mix with others.
Why you think me having an awareness of their preferred lifestyle is patronising I do not know but like I said we’re all different.
Strewth I thought you'd been spying on us then ... fortunately your subsequent comment (which I've coloured red) makes it clear you aren't! 😄

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You are not alone Mel...

...I would be totally pissed off if I could not escape from Kingston-upon-Hull for winter(or any other time) ;) :LOL:
Cheeky ... good job you're not in the UK otherwise I would hunt you down and 'clip' your wings! >:)

All I want is somewhere where I can sit out in the sun and chill ... as in relax not freeze!!! :smiley:

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
1am here in Madrid. Going back to the Moho via the metro. 100% mask wearing from a sometimes drunk and mainly 20's to 30's crowd. Makes me embarrassed to the British really.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Today’s Gibraltar Chronicle states that the Junta de Andalucia is keeping a “close eye” on developments, as concerns increase that visitors originating in the UK will cross over from Gib.
I assume that this would be should Spain introduce restrictions on direct UK connections.

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
I have just returned from Spain yesterday. They are much stricter than us and wearing masks is mandatory in supermarkets etc.
We have taken a much too lassez faire attitude in covid matters and are now paying the price. The figures show that older people take it much more seriously than the young.
Bans will ensue and I don’t blame countries for banning us.
Phil
Agreed - been on trains and in shops, bars etc in South Wales, minimal mask wearing, despite it being Law and Bar staff telling us we don't need to wear masks - I will continue wearing a mask when inside [not my house, Obs] for the foreseeable. No legal requirement to wear mask or any other measure will work unless enforced - train / platforms / stations say musy wear mask but nobody enforcingit, shops say 'No Mask, No Entry' but again no enforcement - I agree shop workers shouldn't have to do it but I did see COVID Marshalls at one point during the worst so bring them back ??

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
It would appear that entire communities are going to be in line for this year's Darwin Awards (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards)

"Several large cities and counties [in the USA] have reinstated local mask orders, but a number of states, including Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Montana, Tennessee and Texas, have moved via legislation or executive action to prevent local governments and school districts from doing so."

Source :- https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2020/states-mask-mandates-coronavirus.html

Meanwhile in the UK Local Councils (including Liverpool, Windsor and Suffolk) have told residents to follow tougher <Broken link removed> measures than national rules as the government resists calls to put <Broken link removed> contingency plan into place amid rising infections. Authorities across the country have urged people in their area to work from home and reimpose mask-wearing in schools to tackle the spread of Covid.

Source :-https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-plan-b-local-councils-b1943974.html

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes, probably not! But most of the guys on this site will have seen men walk straight from the urinal to to door - or worse, from the toilet to the door.
and then stick their fingers in the free nuts dish on the bar counter or open salt \ pepper dishes on the table!

Walked out of a London restaurant (Quaglino's from memory) a few years ago because they couldn't provide "proper" salt and pepper cellars.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
1635003798935.png

You rotten lot for liking and laughing at me! :( You're all on my hit list now! >:)

We really are NOT going now, can't take the risk of getting stuck out there nor the extra hassle of coming back if UK puts the countries on a 'red' list again, not to mention if the country we're in decides to chuck us all out! Coupled with still having my Mum to deal with we just don't need the hassle or anxiety when we're supposed to be on holiday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back