Wild with Consent (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
They are just acting as payment agents, setting the price and taking a cut. Other than the exorbitant price, model seems sound and a good idea. The actual onus seems to be on the folks that own and manage the land used.

The About Us and Terms and Conditions pages make for interesting reading; I suspect it won't spread too far until other like minded profiteering land/estate agents pick up on the idea.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
chaser , there is many people with 100k MoHo’s that are FLT’S (me inc)

good on them , they are supplying a individual product at a PRICE , it will suit a few

I doubt their business plan will affect us in anyway
Didn't mean any offence to anyone, just a way of splitting the difference, obviously not a rule.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
What a money making racket they have just got permission from landowners and costs them nothing, can’t believe anyone falling for this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I wouldn't call it "Consent" 🤔 we give you our consent to park on our land if you give us £50. That's simply buying something, not consent 😏

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
It looks like these are aimed at those who are buying into the trendy lifestyle with for example a VW California or a hire older VW. A few of my friends in the 40 - 60 age group who are working in high income jobs all have bought Californias in the last year or so and would not think twice at paying those prices for a night or weekend away!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Motorhomeing, to my mind is splitting into two, on the one hand you have all the 100 grand new motorhomes who seem to think you have to pay big numbers for a site, while on the other hand you have the self builds and old camper vans who try their hardest to camp for free.
What about people like us. We spent a big chunk of our savings on a decent van so we can camp in comfort off grid but don't want to whittle away the rest of our savings on stupid campsite prices.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Maybe change the concept away from 'Wild Camping' to something like 'Camping without other Campers' - I'd happily pay 100 quid for that rather than to go back to some of the sites I've been to :rofl:

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
If it really is a wild camping spot , it would p...the ones off who had paid if someone else just came and parked by them ,proper wilding.
Wouldn't it just , mind you farmers have big machinery for moving stuff, you dont want to p them off :D
I think they have lost sight of the fact that the CONSUMER sets the price
Not with everyone or £10,000 a night hotel wouldn't exist

nobody has heard of it yet but I doubt it'll go anywhere
Wild campers wild camp , new users and those with deep pockets like facilities

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Wouldn't it just , mind you farmers have big machinery for moving stuff, you dont want to p them off :D

£10000 a night hotel exists because a consumer will pay for it

When its empty for 10 nights on the bounce, the price droos

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I disagree on 2 levels:
1, would you leave your Liner bathroom to go into a sweaty public shower and catch someone elses verrucas?
2, There are lots of expensive MH's that love the self sufficiency and the 'peace' that this offers, throw in a great view and who cares if it costs a bit more.

Many of the alternative's are not much cheaper and involve being told where and which way round to park, who can visit, dodging foot and cricket balls and having to listen to some guy telling you how he considered an Empire Liner but his old caravan is more practical for his lifestyle ( umpteen times)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Interesting business model. Hope it goes well for them. I think setting high prices is probably a good idea. Going for some exclusivity. It’s easy to lower prices in business. Putting them up after you start is much harder.

I wonder how they are getting around the The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. I wouldn’t want to base a business on breaking the law.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
........,......I wonder how they are getting around the The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. I wouldn’t want to base a business on breaking the law
That was my thought, probably not legal. Perhaps you pay your money then the Council move you on.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
To my mind it's little more than a fancy scam, they probably know a couple of places where you can wild and just made this website to see if they can con someone out of £100, I may well be wrong, useually am ,many will say but maybe the actual landowners know nothing about it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
To my mind it's little more than a fancy scam, they probably know a couple of places where you can wild and just made this website to see if they can con someone out of £100

So you don't know them, you know nothing about their business model and happy to publicly call them crooks without any evidence.

Welcome to the internet 2021

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So you don't know them, you know nothing about their business model and happy to publicly call them crooks without any evidence.

Welcome to the internet 2021
So other folks including yourself are suggesting it may not be legal but as usual , " we will pick on chaser as he will take it" (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So other folks including yourself are suggesting it may not be legal but as usual , " we will pick on chaser as he will take it" (y)

I didn't suggest it was not legal. I didn't suggest they were con artists, you did.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I wonder how they are getting around the The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. I wouldn’t want to base a business on breaking the law.
What does this say?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Anything with ‘wild’ in the title is very trendy , (and a chance to make money).

This year I notice that I seem to have been rebranded a wild swimmer as I swim outside ::bigsmile:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Their hosts FAQ suggests that campers can be allowed for up to 28 days under Part 5 of the General Development Order unless there is an Article 4 direction revoking that (of which they aren't aware in their area). Whether that interpretation is correct I dunno. Presumably their website booking software would block a pitch if that 28 day limit is reached.

The ability to park up in a sanctioned pitch in a location that wouldn't be otherwise available could be good, especially if you know no-one else would be nearby. From what I have seen most wilders will be tucked away in back lanes, car parks and all sorts with the insecurity risk of being moved on and perhaps finding that they are quite unwelcome. That insecurity aspect of wilding has always left me nervous, so for me, to pay a moderate sum for a proper isolated pitch might be something I'd consider. But even £25 would for me be far too much, I'm not happy for that even on a full facility site with EHU.

Their pricing, for a pitch seems vastly excessive (certainly for members on here), when you consider there will be no facilities, not even a tap (OK that may be the attraction of wilding), and that most will baulk at paying even £10 a night for a CL site let alone an oversite stay in a car park. Problem is, for the landowner, the website operation, is that unless they charge a larger price, the income it will generate probably simply means it's not worth setting up.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What does this say?

It doesn't say I think they are con artists.

It does not even suggest illegality. There are dozens of grey areas in the control act. There are plenty of loop holes that allow the odd stop over. I wondered how they are getting around it, unless I knew as much I wouldn't be so dumb as to suggest they are breaking law as that could have implications for me. And be bad for their business.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
From their about me page;
"We’ve travelled all over the place in our trusty Iveco campervan – lovingly known as ‘Tubs’. Scotland is a favourite spot of ours, partly because of the beautiful scenery, but also because of the ‘right to roam’ rules, which mean that you can park pretty much wherever you like."

"South of the Border though, it’s a different story. It’s effectively illegal to park anywhere other than a campsite, "

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
From their about me page;
"We’ve travelled all over the place in our trusty Iveco campervan – lovingly known as ‘Tubs’. Scotland is a favourite spot of ours, partly because of the beautiful scenery, but also because of the ‘right to roam’ rules, which mean that you can park pretty much wherever you like."

"South of the Border though, it’s a different story. It’s effectively illegal to park anywhere other than a campsite, "

Never been to Scotland and I'm not too au-fait with their laws, but i thought the right to roam did not extend to motorhomes. Maybe someone who knows can put us right.

I would argue all day, and have done many times, (Hi Graham GJH, hope you are well) against your last sentence. It's wrong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back