LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Taken from a Spanish motorhome Facebook site.

I Google translated, cos I couldn't be bothered to type it all out, and it tells the story perfectly. Some people don't believe this happens. I know it does, and this photo proves it.

"Because of the riffraff like this, the prohibition discs are planted ... Yesterday at noon, on the beaches of Elche, next to the hermitage of Santa Pola, I could do this a few meters ... Evidently I told him everything except "bonico" and stopped doing it. The motorhome was Dutch, and as my Dutchman is rather null, another group of Dutch caravans that were close to see me discussing joined and, this time in Dutch, they threw the octopus ... So much that it did not come back in all the afternoon ... Apart from this, vehicles with extended awnings, chocks, barbecues ..
In short, this is the despicable attitude that causes Elche to be posing permissiveness with us. Even I think about it ... Then we complain and how we always pay fair for sinners."

Screenshot_20190211-160412_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I saw a bloke beat up his wife once...

He lived in a house.

Did he give all house dwellers a "bad name"?

Of course he didn't.

It is not motorhomers that do disgusting things... it is THAT PARTICULAR motorhomer who does...

And the fact he was Dutch is irrelevant.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

He lived in a house.

Of course he didn't.

It is not motorhomers that do disgusting things... it is THAT PARTICULAR motorhomer who does...

And the fact he was Dutch is irrelevant.

Not quite irrelevant , as I noticed many decades ago when I first went traveling in my landrover thru Europe , that Holland and Belgium frequently smelt terrible , I believe this was down to them dumping tonnes of S#!t in their fields . :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not quite irrelevant , as I noticed many decades ago when I first went traveling in my landrover thru Europe , that Holland and Belgium frequently smelt terrible , I believe this was down to them dumping tonnes of S#!t in their fields . :)

So it must still be the same today? :rofl:

Anyway... we are posting about Spain...

90% of the place smells of poo anyway. :whistle:

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The problem is its going to affect every one of us who is a decent, considerate motorhomer. I can see the law eventually changing to prohibit any sleeping in a vehicle :cry:.

Trouble with that is it would affect the lorries so probably not possible

I can't.

Ok then, any sleeping in vehicles within a certain distance of the coast, which is where most of these problems occur.

I don't want it to happen, but something will, eventually, be done.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do these morons have any brain cells?
We love being F'LT but doing things like that is despicable and gives us all a bad name. I bet he doesn't empty his cassette in his garden when he gets home, or perhaps he does and thinks it's normal.
Spot on Lenny, as most F'LT are seasoned campers and would not dream of this behaviour, you just know more condemnation will be directed at us as we will automatically be judged guilty by association.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
When we were in USA, the woods were full of sh*t, but that was the Bears not the Dutch :)

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
Time for a rant...

Living here in the North Highlands you'd be surprised and shocked at what some motorhomes leave behind...

During the summer we don't leave our bins at the road side because they magically fill up, generally from someone in a motorhome. I chased a couple from the Midlands few years ago as I'd watch them dump bags of rubbish in my bins. The couple were quite hostile with me and needed a lot of pushing to go and retrieve THEIR rubbish.

Discharging sewage in lay-bys. Yes, it happens, more often than you might imagine. Why anyone would this that this okay is beyond me...

Objects thrown from vehicles. Motorhomes are just as guilty as other road users. Why? I just don't understand why anyone would.

Wild camping. So someone camps for free and thinks, 'I know, I'll leave all my rubbish here, that way I'll ensure that the land owner stops access'. Remember, we have a right to roam in Scotland, not a right camp and leave rubbish behind.

Having said all this, I've often invited a MHs to camp on my property, fill up with water and so on. It's been a pleasure to meet people and one or two appear every summer and will stop just to say hello.

Scotland is now talking about introducing a tourist tax. So don't get the hump when you get charged for enjoying the Highlands, someone has to pay for the actions of idiots.

Lastly, as I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Please let vehicles past, use lay-bys and passing places. I've been in an ambulance stuck behind so stupid pig headed moron who thought he had some god given right to impede an emergency vehicle.

This great wilderness here is fabulous, if you've never experienced it, you should. Please do behave though, it might be the backdrop for Outlander, BFG and many more, but it is home for us who live here. Please come and enjoy, please come and respect.

Stevie

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So it must still be the same today? :rofl:

Anyway... we are posting about Spain...

90% of the place smells of poo anyway. :whistle:

Bit like Portugal and France then,,,don't know why,,BUSBY.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Did you really :unsure: ?
He lived in a house.
Was he in it at the time?
Of course he didn't.
But perhaps acts like that gave momentum to the Violence Against Women Act 1994?

:cool:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
first off, hes not tipping anything in the photo, there is another five gallon drum beside him , has he emptyed his cassette into it to empty somewhere else, just photographing someone with a cassette in his hand doesnt say hes tipped anything, if he has fair does give him hell but a photo out of the blue doesnt prove anything.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
first off, hes not tipping anything in the photo, there is another five gallon drum beside him , has he emptyed his cassette into it to empty somewhere else, just photographing someone with a cassette in his hand doesnt say hes tipped anything, if he has fair does give him hell but a photo out of the blue doesnt prove anything.

Are you saying you have never witnessed anyone doing it, I have told many about getting everyone thrown off. :rolleyes: Only a couple of weeks ago, I saw someone walking up to the bins with a big bottle of p*$$ the remainder was probably in the rubbish bag. :eek:
Bob.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Not quite on as bad a level as the toilet episode but nevertheless relevant to the general image portrayed to locals by motorhomers. In Tarifa today I was having a general chat with a local when 3 Dutchmen arrived on their bikes with empty watercontainers and filled from a beach shower point, clearly visible to all (mainly local) passers-by.
The gentleman was quite indignant that these "northern millionaires" in their expensive gin palaces were abusing the good intentions of the local Ayuntamiento. Joined by others, they all agreed that far too many motorhomers show total disrespect to their surroundings and that what they do here they would not even think about doing it at home.
(I had travelled to Tarifa for the day by car, so was not tarred with the same embarrasing brush.)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Its not just motorhomes... the mess left by some tent wildcampers is disgraceful. We saw a lot of people travelling by bike with tents on our recent trip to Scandinavia. They'd just shit wherever was closest and not even cover it up - it was absolutely disgusting. We wildcamp but would never leave anything behind, in fact we've often cleared up mess left by others.

Even out walking locally I find rubbish left behind. As folk have taken the trouble to get out in the countryside presumably they enjoy the outdoors - so why pollute it. I found a large empty whisky gift box the other day - it obviously held a bottle and four glasses (very nice it was too) but it was just discarded... makes me really cross!

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years

I was also wondering if he was decanting it into a black container to dispose of elsewhere and give himself a couple more days before he has to move....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know this isn't a 'funny' subject but I couldn't help having a good laugh at this part of the quote:

"... this time in Dutch, they threw the octopus ... So much that it did not come back in all the afternoon ..."

Does anyone know ... if the octopus is okay? :D

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Aha, he's guilty without anybody knowing. Sometimes we have used the loo for just number 1s and that's OK to dump in quiet places. Maybe this guy was doing the same, but the court of MHF have decreed he's guilty.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Aye, looks like he was rinsing it out maybe :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could be that he was decanting the cassette into the black container, rather than having a second cassette, something which we considered doing too but decided to splash the cash on a new cassette instead.

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
It obviously looks bad but in the background behind the grass is a largish black container so did he dump it on the beach or in the container to be taken away and put down a proper sewer/toilet? Not sticking up for him but is there evidence he did actually dump the waste in the sand dune?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back