LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It obviously looks bad but in the background behind the grass is a largish black container so did he dump it on the beach or in the container to be taken away and put down a proper sewer/toilet? Not sticking up for him but is there evidence he did actually dump the waste in the sand dune?

Why, if he is just decanting would he wander off into the sand dunes?
I have no more evidence than you, but think that on the balance of possibilities I suggest he has already decanted into the black container and is now emptying BOTH.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not quite irrelevant , as I noticed many decades ago when I first went traveling in my landrover thru Europe , that Holland and Belgium frequently smelt terrible , I believe this was down to them dumping tonnes of S#!t in their fields . :)
Our sewage works has (or had not long ago) an excellent business selling processed excrement as farm fertiliser. It didn't smell too good but then I am (was) a country-dweller so I understand that sh!t from any source has a pungent odour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Lastly, as I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Please let vehicles past, use lay-bys and passing places. I've been in an ambulance stuck behind so stupid pig headed moron who thought he had some god given right to impede an emergency vehicle
Often I have been in passing place roads in Scotland, where I give way by pulling into a passing place, only to have some moron (quite often a black Audi for some reason, at least on one occasion, anyway...ahem) at the back of me, taking the opportunity to put the foot down and roar past me, forcing the guy in front to reverse back to his previous passing place. I fantasize about punching these people square in the face.:mad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why, if he is just decanting would he wander off into the sand dunes?
I have no more evidence than you, but think that on the balance of possibilities I suggest he has already decanted into the black container and is now emptying BOTH.
No idea where the 'sand dune' comes into this ... the only thing that disappeared in the original post was the octopus and no-one knows if its okay or not! :crying:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I saw a bloke beat up his wife once...

He lived in a house.

Did he give all house dwellers a "bad name"?

Of course he didn't.

It is not motorhomers that do disgusting things... it is THAT PARTICULAR motorhomer who does...

And the fact he was Dutch is irrelevant.

JJ :cool:
Sadly as motorhomers are a very small minority it only takes one such incident to taint all .. and tar with the same brush

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spot on Lenny, as most F'LT are seasoned campers and would not dream of this behaviour, you just know more condemnation will be directed at us as we will automatically be judged guilty by association.
Problem is that flt in the pic is probably also a seasoned camper.

You do notice it on this spot In cullera, it's mostly German and Dutch vans here and they are still using manhole covers to empty waste.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
first off, hes not tipping anything in the photo, there is another five gallon drum beside him , has he emptyed his cassette into it to empty somewhere else, just photographing someone with a cassette in his hand doesnt say hes tipped anything, if he has fair does give him hell but a photo out of the blue doesnt prove anything.
I'll bet the other container next to him is water to rinse the cassette, I've watched literally dozens of folk emptying cassettes down a man hole cover here in cullera today ...they all carry a big bottle of water down with them to rinse cassette afterwards before emptying it down man hole.

No idea if it's the correct manhole or not.

I'll empty mine at the official site in simat tomorrow some 12km away.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you saying you have never witnessed anyone doing it, I have told many about getting everyone thrown off. :rolleyes: Only a couple of weeks ago, I saw someone walking up to the bins with a big bottle of p*$$ the remainder was probably in the rubbish bag. :eek:
Bob.
Stupid putting bottles of pee in a bin

Be better emptying that in a bush surely .....
Its not just motorhomes... the mess left by some tent wildcampers is disgraceful. We saw a lot of people travelling by bike with tents on our recent trip to Scandinavia. They'd just shit wherever was closest and not even cover it up - it was absolutely disgusting. We wildcamp but would never leave anything behind, in fact we've often cleared up mess left by others.

Even out walking locally I find rubbish left behind. As folk have taken the trouble to get out in the countryside presumably they enjoy the outdoors - so why pollute it. I found a large empty whisky gift box the other day - it obviously held a bottle and four glasses (very nice it was too) but it was just discarded... makes me really cross!
In Spain and Portugal last year I noticed the biggest culprits were day visitors to the beaches in cars , they traipse of in to the bushes shit and piss then leave toilet paper and baby wipes etc lying around as well as waste.
I pick up after my dog but these sods don't even pick up after themselves.
And it's not just one or two it's a steady stream of people all day for months of the year

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
This sort of behaviour is disgusting, we were near there yesterday at the dog friendly beach at Agua Armaga, there was evidence in the gorse that people had emptied their toilets - yuk!!:cautious:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I agree, empty wee or waste water discreetly, if you are away from prying eyes on a rough bit of grass, but to do it in broad daylight is only making using a motorhome more and more difficult. :eek:
It's bad enough trying to take your dog on some beaches, :rolleyes: it's law in Spain not only picking up after them you have to wash down after them or risk a €750 fine. :) Bob.

20190111_171946.jpg
20190111_171910.jpg

I put a post on about it.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
The picture is not evidence of him dumping waste but the man is definite guilty of needing a hair cut

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's bad enough trying to take your dog on some beaches, :rolleyes: it's law in Spain not only picking up after them you have to wash down after them or risk a €750 fine. :)
Perhaps someone should tell the Spanish. They all carry poo bags with them but rarely use them. In a park last year Spanish bloke with is dog he had a container of poo bags fixed to the dog lead, he stood there while he dog crapped right next to a picnic bench then just walked off.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
In Spain and Portugal last year I noticed the biggest culprits were day visitors to the beaches in cars , they traipse of in to the bushes shit and piss then leave toilet paper and baby wipes etc lying around as well as waste.
I pick up after my dog but these sods don't even pick up after themselves.
And it's not just one or two it's a steady stream of people all day for months of the year
Same in France & Spain also it's spread to the UK. Did a couple of nights free loading in the Yorkshire dales last September, picked up some rubbish but drew the line at used tissues.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I was also wondering if he was decanting it into a black container to dispose of elsewhere and give himself a couple more days before he has to move....

It could be that he was decanting the cassette into the black container, rather than having a second cassette, something which we considered doing too but decided to splash the cash on a new cassette instead.
If he was doing that any sane person would do it around the back of their van and try to stay out of site of the public.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The picture is not evidence of him dumping waste but the man is definite guilty of needing a hair cut

As someone who has often disputed the dumping of waste when no photographic evidence is provided in this case I'm inclined to believe that's exactly what that guy was doing.

If I was decanting waste from a cassette to another container for proper disposal I wouldn't be hiding to do it I'd do it in the open to avoid suspicion and because I was doing nothing wrong.
Hiding in the dunes isn't looking innocent.
There's also the testimony of the motorhomer who caught him doing it unlike the usual stories where it hasnt been a motorhomer but a campsite owner etc with no evidence.

I'm an ambassador for not believing every accusation of motorhomers doing wrong but in this case I'm inclined to believe this scumbag was dumping waste.

And i am completely against that.

I'm happy to wild camp and off site park and I detest folk that put my future possibility to do that at risk.

In the highlands of Scotland in the past I have buried toilet waste ( containing no chemicals ) and I've done it discretely and in a manner that doesn't affect the environment or draw unnecessary attention etc.

I don't even agree with the dozens of folk on this wild spot lifting a drain cover and emptying in to that as it simply doesn't look good even if it's the correct sewage drain.

There's no need for it

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not quite irrelevant , as I noticed many decades ago when I first went traveling in my landrover thru Europe , that Holland and Belgium frequently smelt terrible , I believe this was down to them dumping tonnes of S#!t in their fields . :)

That is also done in the U.K. apparently it’s treated prior to spreading :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This is an innocent act of emptying his toilet container into a second storage container, it is a common practice to do just behind your van as this chap is doing.

Why else would he have the second container with him, the container has a large cap to allow transfer without spillage.

With the second container being behind the grass it would appear from a distance that the toilet was being emptied onto the ground.

This is just another example of one Fur Lined Thong, feeling superior to other FLTs. It would appear that the picture was taken from behind a curtain some distance away, rather than going over to see what the Dutch chap was doing.
None so strange as folk......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is an innocent act of emptying his toilet container into a second storage container, it is a common practice to do just behind your van as this chap is doing.

Why else would he have the second container with him, the container has a large cap to allow transfer without spillage.

With the second container being behind the grass it would appear from a distance that the toilet was being emptied onto the ground.

This is just another example of one Fur Lined Thong, feeling superior to other Fur Lined Thongs. It would appear that the picture was taken from behind a curtain some distance away, rather than going over to see what the Dutch chap was doing.
None so strange as folk......:rolleyes:
I bet you still hang your stocking up for Santa too

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you come up with a better explanation of the facts in the picture raider..
Yes

He's emptying his cassette and the other container is his grey waste or water to rinse the cassette with.

In cases where there's been no photo and the person making the accusation has been a campsite owner or b&b owner etc with a vested interest in making the claim I can then give benefit of doubt.

In this case it's a Spanish motorhomer making the accusation on a Spanish motorhoming forum backed up with a photo of a guy in long grass with a cassette toilet.

I see no vested interest in another motorhomer making these claims other than that of someone spoiling freedom for others because the parking will be stopped.
He also rightly complains about folk putting awnings etc out too which kind of boils my piss too.

There's vans parked on this spot ...again mostly Dutch and German with huge vans parked plus a trailer a car bicycles chairs tables etc outside taking up space for about 4 or 5 vans.
It isn't a campsite....I like sitting in the sun as much as the next but take up as little space as required.

There's definately an attitude of thinking they can do what they like

Its a shame the guy didn't take more pics of the guy and his van.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Steady stream of this at cullera

You will notice nearly all have a second container to rinse
As I said I don't know if it's the correct sewer drain or not , I very much doubt that the local authority has given permission to do it though as it's not a proper aire and I'd assume there would be a sign or something erected to say it's ok.
Who knows ...But still doesn't sit right with me
20190212_091145.jpg
20190212_091136.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes

He's emptying his cassette and the other container is his grey waste or water to rinse the cassette with.

In cases where there's been no photo and the person making the accusation has been a campsite owner or b&b owner etc with a vested interest in making the claim I can then give benefit of doubt.

In this case it's a Spanish motorhomer making the accusation on a Spanish motorhoming forum backed up with a photo of a guy in long grass with a cassette toilet.

I see no vested interest in another motorhomer making these claims other than that of someone spoiling freedom for others because the parking will be stopped.
He also rightly complains about folk putting awnings etc out too which kind of boils my piss too.

There's vans parked on this spot ...again mostly Dutch and German with huge vans parked plus a trailer a car bicycles chairs tables etc outside taking up space for about 4 or 5 vans.
It isn't a campsite....I like sitting in the sun as much as the next but take up as little space as required.

There's definately an attitude of thinking they can do what they like

Its a shame the guy didn't take more pics of the guy and his van.
Their is no vested interest in the unfounded comments about this picture on here either but it possibly makes them feel better about their own behavior.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back