Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Those of us who where doing it back in the 90`s even could see this coming. We where fortunate to have the R-V with capacity. We would maybe have a few quiet days somewhere pretty, and then go and find a campsite for a week or so. I have even cleaned up before leaving, taking others litter away before to-day. But NOT their cassette crap!.

BTW, as Scouts back in 50`s. You DUG latrines and backfilled properly before you left. After a scout camp apart from some marks on the grass where the old groundsheet's had been, there was little sign and within a week you would not think anyone had been.

The foregoing was copied from the other post on this subject. May I add, At least some of those shown are at least using the sewage system. Which I would say is far more acceptable than spreading it on or near a beach, even if not "approved" by the L-A.

When we moved "on-site" in `98 to self build for the first few months I had no sewer connection, I dug a huge hole where the "garden" was to be and used that, when we got the connection It was backfilled, No Issue, but the tree that was planted in that place is Massive, so It got a nice head start!.

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
At least some of those shown are at least using the sewage system.

Yes but unless you are using it with express permission to do so you are never sure that a manhole is even connected to the sewer system. Only Low life penny pinching scumbags would do such things to save a € or two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
The picture is not evidence of him dumping waste but the man is definite guilty of needing a hair cut

My experience of those who want to park up for free, steal water and dump their shit anywhere they can is that they would never buy a haircut. If you are ever unfortunate to be behind one of these wild unwashed campers in the queue for a morning baguette your nose will know about it. They don't waste water on things as unimportant as washing their arse.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Steady stream of this at cullera

You will notice nearly all have a second container to rinse
As I said I don't know if it's the correct sewer drain or not , I very much doubt that the local authority has given permission to do it though as it's not a proper aire and I'd assume there would be a sign or something erected to say it's ok.
Who knows ...But still doesn't sit right with me View attachment 283099 View attachment 283100
I put my hand up to using this spot/manhole to empty my Black waste at Cullera. (Fairly certain it is a sewer too and whats more I'm a self confessed Fork Lift Truck to boot.). It is used by the majority of motorhomes that are camped there each year and I'm aware the local authorities know it is being used in this way. There are more than one hundred motorhomes parked here each year and a lot of money is spent in the local seaside resort which is a delight to visit. Why they do not provide an official cassette emptying facility is a mystery to me and I can only assume they are content for the current practice to continue. With respect to the guy in the picture in the first post, there are definitely two containers in use and the angle the picture has been taken at does not provide 100% proof of where he has emptied his waste and even though the likllyhood is that he has emptied his cassette into the ground. Innocent or not, he would be hanged by many on this forum on the basis of this picture alone.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/e...tells-a-story-sometimes-the-wrong-one/9980722

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Why, if he is just decanting would he wander off into the sand dunes?
I have no more evidence than you, but think that on the balance of possibilities I suggest he has already decanted into the black container and is now emptying BOTH.
Probably in case of spillage but as I said no evidence of it being dumped just a random photo.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I too have used the manhole at Cullera, the police drive through the area daily and the local authority know what is going on, if there was a problem it would soon be clamped down on. Cullera has a lovely promenade, it is obviously summer only resort as nearly all the apartments are empty and shut up for the winter. Go in any resurant or bar and 90% of customers are from the Motorhomes, without the Motorhomes the town would be totally dead. Around 100 - 200 vans on the area although a lot of long term German & Dutch you also get a high daily turnover.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Probably in case of spillage but as I said no evidence of it being dumped just a random photo.
Granted unless a photographer is going to go stand right next to the person it's going to be difficult to take a picture of the actual waste.

And even then I think some would say "well there's no label on that poo to say it's his "

He may not have been dumping...In which case the Spanish guy on the forum is a liar and bored.

But the picture is certainly incriminating and suspicious.

And I'm not niave enough to think nobody ever dumps waste.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why, if he is just decanting would he wander off into the sand dunes?
I have no more evidence than you, but think that on the balance of possibilities I suggest he has already decanted into the black container and is now emptying BOTH.
He hasn't wandered off into the sand dunes at all, he's just at the edge of the parking area, probably behind his own camper as the one in the photo doesn't appear to be that far away. He looks to have been decanting into another container and has done it away from his camper to avoid having the smell too close as he does it as we all know it can be very pongy! I can't see anything in the photo to tell me that he was actually dumping his waste at that place at all, if he was he would be very, very stupid as the smell would give the game away immediately!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
He may not have been dumping...In which case the Spanish guy on the forum is a liar and bored.

Maybe he is a member of the C&MC and missing sitting on club sites curtain twitching.

Are you saying all Motorhomers dump black waste in which case no wonder we get a bad name. We have never done it and do not intend on doing it, we would rather pop onto a site or Aire every couple of days to do the necessary but as others point out above there is a manhole here so maybe he is using that, as I said without proof we are all speculating.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I put my hand up to using this spot/manhole to empty my Black waste at Cullera. (Fairly certain it is a sewer too and whats more I'm a self confessed Fork Lift Truck to boot.). It is used by the majority of motorhomes that are camped there each year and I'm aware the local authorities know it is being used in this way. There are more than one hundred motorhomes parked here each year and a lot of money is spent in the local seaside resort which is a delight to visit. Why they do not provide an official cassette emptying facility is a mystery to me and I can only assume they are content for the current practice to continue. With respect to the guy in the picture in the first post, there are definitely two containers in use and the angle the picture has been taken at does not provide 100% proof of where he has emptied his waste and even though the likllyhood is that he has emptied his cassette into the ground. Innocent or not, he would be hanged by many on this forum on the basis of this picture alone.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/e...tells-a-story-sometimes-the-wrong-one/9980722
That's why I did say I'm not sure if it's ok by the local authority or not. I never saw the man hole last year as I was over by the river but i did wonder where they emptied it.

This year as I couldn't park at the river I just so happened to end up parked right next to it so I've seen literally around 75 folk empty cassettes in it since yesterday.

Not seen any police this time though and there's some sort of development going on where the old buildings were last year.

But as I'm going up to simat today anyway I'll use the proper aire up there to empty and fill up.

I bought a second cassette so I can do the same as last year and last 8 or 9 days between aires but as yet I've not had to use it.

There's probably between 100 and 200 vans here again this year.

It's certainly a bit cleaner and not as much rubbish lying around

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe he is a member of the C&MC and missing sitting on club sites curtain twitching.

Are you saying all Motorhomers dump black waste in which case no wonder we get a bad name. We have never done it and do not intend on doing it, we would rather pop onto a site or Aire every couple of days to do the necessary but as others point out above there is a manhole here so maybe he is using that, as I said without proof we are all speculating.
Obviously I'm not saying ALL motorhomers dump black waste.

If you've never seen me arguing in the defence of this many many times on this forum I'm surprised.

But I'm also a realist and I know there will be some who do dump.....likely the same ones that leave bags of rubbish , discarded bbq etc lying about ....those I have witnessed with my own eyes.

I also drop grey water down drains, but I don't just let it pour out in carparks and laybyes etc like I've witnessed others doing.

People do different things which is fine

I don't use campsites , I wildcamp or use aires all the time. But I try not to leave a mess anywhere I go.

I generally park away from the crowd if I can , I don't leave loads of stuff outside or reserve spaces , sunbathe in the street etc like I see some doing.

Yes there's no absolute concrete evidence that guy has dumped that cassette on the grass .
There's also no concrete evidence he didn't

But it does happen

Hopefully not very often

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Granted unless a photographer is going to go stand right next to the person it's going to be difficult to take a picture of the actual waste.

And even then I think some would say "well there's no label on that poo to say it's his "

But the picture is certainly incriminating and suspicious.

On a slightly different topic, How is that gorgeous puppy of yours doing. I'm informed your getting another one ? I hope we manage to meet up in the future so I can see them.......and share a beer or two with you. Don't miss the Monastery at Simit, Its worth a look. All the best until we meet again. Mena says hello.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The trouble is in Spain they put all the services in and roads for new developments but most of the time they are not connected to main sewer. :rolleyes:

Bob.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
On a slightly different topic, How is that gorgeous puppy of yours doing. I'm informed your getting another one ? I hope we manage to meet up in the future so I can see them.......and share a beer or two with you. Don't miss the Monastery at Simit, Its worth a look. All the best until we meet again. Mena says hello.
She's doing great ...spoiled rotten and full of life , I collect her brother next week excited much !!!

Yes I visited the monestary last year it's lovely and the orange groves set it off..

Just arrived here now.

Are you heading back to Spain this year?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
She's doing great ...spoiled rotten and full of life , I collect her brother next week excited much !!!

Yes I visited the monestary last year it's lovely and the orange groves set it off..

Just arrived here now.

Are you heading back to Spain this year?
We are in Morocco now and plan to exit into Spain last week in March and spend a month in Spain. I hope to see more of the Sierra Nevada park this year. Had a glimpse of it last year and it is spectacular.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I agree, empty wee or waste water discreetly, if you are away from prying eyes on a rough bit of grass, but to do it in broad daylight is only making using a motorhome more and more difficult. :eek:
It's bad enough trying to take your dog on some beaches, :rolleyes: it's law in Spain not only picking up after them you have to wash down after them or risk a €750 fine. :) Bob.

View attachment 283075 View attachment 283077
I put a post on about it.

I like the "wash down with water after wee" one. 4
The 12 or 15 blokes I've seen in the last 3 days , the majority in Alicante, ****ing in full view obviously don't come under the dog laws ? :mad:

with express permission to do so you are never sure that a manhole is even connected to the sewer system.
"sewer system"?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Most 'sewer systems' ,even in towns only go to a giant holding tank that has to be regularly pumped out.

it is obviously summer only resort as nearly all the apartments are empty and shut up for the winter. Go in any resurant or bar and 90% of customers are from the Motorhomes,

The vast majority around here are summer only towns & the few locals around like them that way. Most places the restaurants & bars shut from end of september until at least easter , as long as it isn't early.

The trouble is in Spain they put all the services in and roads for new developments but most of the time they are not connected to main sewer. :rolleyes:

Bob.

As above. I've only ever seen one sewage plant .

Recently there was a thread about people dropping there collected dog poo bags in others bins in the UK. It is the same with lifting a manhole here, It will belong to someone
A) if it is a sewage one it is likely to be only a septic tank that drains away.
B)It is also likely to belong to someone as it isn't unusual to install them as far away from properties as you can -
Many you see in rambla's are from houses that might be hundreds of metres away.
C) if there are any bore holes around for water then it is going to get contaminated.

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Unfortunately motor-homing is attracting as you say, riffraff, who have no idea of the concept and no respect for anyone else, what they don't seem to realize is that it will end up with us all getting banned including them, as for the Dutch, it happens here too, the welsh have recently banned motor-homes on the beach at Black-rock sands for the same reason, some moron's emptying cassettes in the sand dunes!! The well seasoned wild campers wouldn't dream of doing it, it's not too hard to find a friendly garage' public toilets or a manhole which is what we do, especially when away in Spain, wouldn't dream of just dumping it anywhere. If really stuck, at least dig a hole and cover it up!!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I like the "wash down with water after wee" one. 4
The 12 or 15 blokes I've seen in the last 3 days , the majority in Alicante, ****ing in full view obviously don't come under the dog laws ? :mad:

"sewer system"?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Most 'sewer systems' ,even in towns only go to a giant holding tank that has to be regularly pumped out.

The vast majority around here are summer only towns & the few locals around like them that way. Most places the restaurants & bars shut from end of september until at least easter , as long as it isn't early.

As above. I've only ever seen one sewage plant .

Recently there was a thread about people dropping there collected dog poo bags in others bins in the UK. It is the same with lifting a manhole here, It will belong to someone
A) if it is a sewage one it is likely to be only a septic tank that drains away.
B)It is also likely to belong to someone as it isn't unusual to install them as far away from properties as you can -
Many you see in rambla's are from houses that might be hundreds of metres away.
C) if there are any bore holes around for water then it is going to get contaminated.

So if one uses a campsite or Aire disposal point where does the sewage go then?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Yes but unless you are using it with express permission to do so you are never sure that a manhole is even connected to the sewer system. Only Low life penny pinching scumbags would do such things to save a € or two.

Yes, it might be a manhole for access to a storm drain that discharges straight into the sea.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Has anyone any idea why I can't see the photo in the OP but can see the ones in post #44?
have you logged in Graham?

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Time for a rant...

Living here in the North Highlands you'd be surprised and shocked at what some motorhomes leave behind...

During the summer we don't leave our bins at the road side because they magically fill up, generally from someone in a motorhome. I chased a couple from the Midlands few years ago as I'd watch them dump bags of rubbish in my bins. The couple were quite hostile with me and needed a lot of pushing to go and retrieve THEIR rubbish.

Discharging sewage in lay-bys. Yes, it happens, more often than you might imagine. Why anyone would this that this okay is beyond me...

Objects thrown from vehicles. Motorhomes are just as guilty as other road users. Why? I just don't understand why anyone would.

Wild camping. So someone camps for free and thinks, 'I know, I'll leave all my rubbish here, that way I'll ensure that the land owner stops access'. Remember, we have a right to roam in Scotland, not a right camp and leave rubbish behind.

Having said all this, I've often invited a MHs to camp on my property, fill up with water and so on. It's been a pleasure to meet people and one or two appear every summer and will stop just to say hello.

Scotland is now talking about introducing a tourist tax. So don't get the hump when you get charged for enjoying the Highlands, someone has to pay for the actions of idiots.

Lastly, as I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Please let vehicles past, use lay-bys and passing places. I've been in an ambulance stuck behind so stupid pig headed moron who thought he had some god given right to impede an emergency vehicle.

This great wilderness here is fabulous, if you've never experienced it, you should. Please do behave though, it might be the backdrop for Outlander, BFG and many more, but it is home for us who live here. Please come and enjoy, please come and respect.

Stevie

Saw similar behaviour in New Zealand. Some locals came out to have a go as we were in a motorhome, in some places. Were ok after telling them we were from uk and after we asked why they felt like that. Transpired part if the problem was council’s not providing enough bins and youngsters leaving all types of rubbish after weekend partying.

Dumping points though two a penny in Nz.

Eire is a nightmare for getting rid of rubbish though as everybody takes it home with them and has it taken from their own bins.

Hope the tourist tax is used for tourists facilities. Bins and some dumping pointd in hamlets.

North Scotland magical though will be visiting again.

Even though it has every type of rain known to man.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Has anyone any idea why I can't see the photo in the OP but can see the ones in post #44?
Worked it out.
When I refreshed the page I noticed a link to a Facebook screenshot which then disappeared. Turning off Adblock Plus briefly enabled the photo to show up.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Personally I'd rather people put rubbish in my bin or anyone's bin than dump it in hedges , out car windows or leave it in bags on their campfire remains for the fairies to collect for them.
There should be bins provided roadside at every layby and carpark in the UK.
Although Spain is full of bins and folk Still throw their rubbish on the ground etc

Some people just need a good slap

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes, it might be a manhole for access to a storm drain that discharges straight into the sea.

I dont know for sure, but I would not be surprised at all, if the vast majority of sewerage in Coastal Spain did not end up in the Med RAW. I cannot remember seeing very many sewage Plants on my travels back in the 90`s and naughties.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Bit like Portugal and France then,,,don't know why,,BUSBY.
Hi @busby
If you remember the "Derby Hum":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You could..SLICE IT!! Take deep breaths,it will soon go(y). Pigeon Percy ?..Winnie ?
Mad Harry on Cock Pit Hill? Those were the days,animals escaping from the slaughter house and scaring the S$$$t out of the people at the Bus station...."Come here,there's more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:"
Tea Bag

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There should be bins provided roadside at every layby and carpark in the UK.
It might help - though your next line does introduce an element of doubt :) - but provision of bins carries with it the cost of somebody to empty them and dispose of the contents, in the certain knowledge that there is nothing stopping people taking their rubbish with them.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It might help - though your next line does introduce an element of doubt :) - but provision of bins carries with it the cost of somebody to empty them and dispose of the contents, in the certain knowledge that there is nothing stopping people taking their rubbish with them.

Problem is that "take yours Home" does not seem to carry much weight with the "great unwashed". The Brit`s both here and abroad who are the ones emptying the ashtrays at traffic lights, throwing used nappies out of the the car window on motorways, or lugging sacks of rubbish to quiet lay-bys or Farm Fields. Short of a "Cull" of these brain dead objects (which might also assist in the cleansing of the gene pool?). What IS the answer?.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back