LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Can anyone give me some advice please..I'm about to become a newbie this Wednesday, I admit I'm in the dark about WiFi/broadband,,,I just use my phone and computer at home but I think it depends on signal strength when I'm traveling to sites/wild camping ,,, I've seen on u-tube about boosters,I only need social media/internet,,,what would I need (uk)....I have a directional ariel for tv,,would I need a satellite dish for internet connection?....or just a booster?.....
You say that you are about to become a newbie - presumably of motorhoming. We are just 'down the road' in Sedgley so hello and welcome and if we can offer any help/advice let us know.

Wyn

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
No idea how some people can get these so cheap as i have been with EE years and i just called them and cheapest they will go for 50gb data sim is £35.10, i was told i could use a normal sim with unlimited minutes/text and 40gb data for £21.50 and put that in and use as data sim only but that will be there word against mine when they stop it and i am still in contract for the next 12 months and they only allow 15gb data for use whilst roaming which again is no good.
Vodafone have an offer on for 50gb on a 1 month contract for £30 a month which seems a little high, o2 have a deal on for 50g for £25 but they wern't very good a long time ago with sporadic connection issues. Ee or Vodafone seems to be the best (no three for me as been burnt before on contract with them, they are fine for payg) I will wait for some offers to arrive as in no rush.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul and Pippa

Paul and Pippa

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Dudley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie
You say that you are about to become a newbie - presumably of motorhoming. We are just 'down the road' in Sedgley so hello and welcome and if we can offer any help/advice let us know.

Wyn
Thank you Wyn..we are currently selling our house in Dudley and are full timers as of now, we are in Claverley till tomorrow morning, we are going to Vanbitz (Taunton) to get alarm fitted..do you know where we can get MH supplies such as freshwater hose, waste water container to go underneath MH, and a quality external thermal windshield,, we cannot go online as we will not be in area for some while,,thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you Wyn..we are currently selling our house in Dudley and are full timers as of now, we are in Claverley till tomorrow morning, we are going to Vanbitz (Taunton) to get alarm fitted..do you know where we can get MH supplies such as freshwater hose, waste water container to go underneath MH, and a quality external thermal windshield,, we cannot go online as we will not be in area for some while,,thank you
Ok. Why not call at Towsure in Blackheath before getting on the motorway. It is a camping/caravanning superstore and will be well worth the visit?

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

OP
OP
Paul and Pippa

Paul and Pippa

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Dudley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok. Why not call at Towsure in Blackheath before getting on the motorway. It is a camping/caravanning superstore and will be well worth the visit?

Broken Link Removed

Wyn
thank you Wyn & Jean ,,Didn't know about that ,,I will go in the morning ,,I appreciate your help ,,

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I've been using the 3 network here in Spain for about 4 years, PAYG so I only get 9gig,but it's all I need and minutes national and international,never been a problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back