Who is still going to go to Europe in the next couple of weeks (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time
So you know it's wrong.
we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way
You won't need milk, food, fuel (not all will be contactless) or any other essentials then.

Oops......caught up and it seems that your plans are scuppered.

I am sorry but it is NOT essential travel, it really is as simple as that.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Looks like nobody can travel into France now . No matter what mode of transport .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just became academic - for 48 hours at least?

56FEB296-6035-4EA4-85A6-3450660F9DC9.jpeg

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We wear gloves all the time
I agree with everything you have said except the wearing of gloves.
Assuming you keep them on all the time you are handling your shopping, bags, pocket/bag wallet/purse, the steering wheel of your car.....everything.
I prefer sanitising my hands throughout my visit to the shops, before after everything, I have a bottle of it hanging from my shoulder bag.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I was working this week in a critical care nurse house, she had the jab on Wednesday, only because 30 people didnā€™t turn up for their appointments and nhs wouldnā€™t waste it. My great aunt @ 85 had hers on Thursday, so the vaccine is happening.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
Agree totally about the gloves Mrsambulancekidd . Some folk seem to think they dont need to wash hands if wearing gloves. Similar scenario as the toilet emptying brigade who wear gloves to empty loo...NO NO NO sorry just mentioning... not trying to make it into toilet thread.
As you say sanitize..sanitize and sanitize again.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Assuming you keep them on all the time you are handling your shopping, bags, pocket/bag wallet/purse, the steering wheel of your car.....everything.
I prefer sanitising my hands throughout my visit to the shops, before after everything, I have a bottle of it hanging from my shoulder bag.
Only wear them when walking,,wash hands entering and leaving shops.Always carry sanitizer in my pocket.Gloves are for gates, stiles, pelican crossing etc.
Tend to walk everywhere.BUSBY.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
All good sensible precautions. Easy to do. Very little downside. No reason not to.

We are meticulous about it.

However there is very little evidence of it being transmitted this way. The aerosol/droplet route is however known and understood.

At work they are clear, alcogels are good but ONLY where you canā€™t wash you hands. So, keep singing Happy Birthday, or perhaps more seasonally, Hark the Herald Angels Sing?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So no more travail in to France Belgium Germany Holland Italy by any mode abut time in my opinion :)
Should have happened at the beginning all this movement around contrary's has only added to the problem.
The more contagious covid is now on mainland Europe Britain will now become the dirty old man of the world forget china who started all this crap
bill

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So no more travail in to France Belgium Germany Holland Italy by any mode abut time in my opinion :)
Should have happened at the beginning all this movement around contrary's has only added to the problem.
The more contagious covid is now on mainland Europe Britain will now become the dirty old man of the world forget china who started all this crap
bill
One day in April 13000 people flew into the UK from The Indian sub continent, unbelievable really. BUSBY.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
I think you will find that the EU will stop U.K. citizens entering the Schengen area from 1 January for all not essential purposes. Unfortunately it had already happened in Switzerland and itā€™s been announced you are unable to visit being a 3rd country and high risk due to COVID

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Rightly or wrongly we are still thinking about using our tunnel booking on the 27 of this month but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time . I know I am leaving myself wide open with that statement but I really think we would be safer in Portugal and if we do take a chance and travel we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
we are booked on the 27th as well and every intention of crossing unless we are physically stopped and made to turn around,

We felt a lot safer in Spain and only returned 2 weeks ago today, lets hope it wasnā€™t a mistake

i do hope you are allowed to travel and have a great trip and get away from all the crap negativity

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I think you will find that the EU will stop U.K. citizens entering the Schengen area from 1 January for all not essential purposes. Unfortunately it had already happened in Switzerland and itā€™s been announced you are unable to visit being a 3rd country and high risk due to COVID
I think itā€™s already happened the number of countries banning travel has become quite large now.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
we are booked on the 27th as well and every intention of crossing unless we are physically stopped and made to turn around,
If the restrictions are still in place I highly suspect you will be stopped and asked a few questions before being politely advised and turned around .

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I think it's touch..Watch people when out,,very few wash their hands and disinfect baskets when entering shops,,noticed till staff not washing hands between customers,,people using ATMs without wiping keys,pressing pelican crossing buttons , opening gates and climbing stiles, all bare handed.We wear gloves all the time and disinfect them every time we get home..Hope it keeps us safe..BUSBY.
1608495504277.png

I can't to un see this image every time i see a shopping trolley

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Once countries in Europe accept that they also have the new variant of Covid19 the ban should be lifted, or is it more to do with........B...

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008

We felt a lot safer in Spain and only returned 2 weeks ago today, lets hope it wasnā€™t a mistake

i do hope you are allowed to travel and have a great trip and get away from all the crap negativity
Closed for 48 hours while France decides.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

But you have to clear French immigration on UK soil so probably will be stopped there.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I prefer sanitising my hands throughout my visit to the shops,
I wear gloves all the time. It reminds me to keep sanitising which if I didn't have the gloves on I would become careless. I also regularly change gloves whilst out.
Hi.
If as reported there are lots of French people working in London...( Covid tier 99 )...... Perhaps THIS is why they want to stop travel from the UK. Nobody likes an Own goal. just a thought.
Tea Bag
London is France's 4th largest city .400k in the UK.

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Rightly or wrongly we are still thinking about using our tunnel booking on the 27 of this month but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time . I know I am leaving myself wide open with that statement but I really think we would be safer in Portugal and if we do take a chance and travel we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Whilst the choice to travel is clearly an individual thing, the mathematics would suggest it is not such a safe venture, the current UK infection rate is shown as 348.2 per 100k whilst Portugal is 524.9 per 100k, the corresponding mortality rates being 8.9 per 100k and 11 per 100k respectively.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back